Author Topic: Lets Get This Started!  (Read 8603 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Lets Get This Started!
« on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:33 AM »
Hey Everyone

I want to try to start on Oct 1st.

The starting conditions are laid out. Specs are finalized.

I would appreciate if all of you could read through the rules with attention and see if you catch anything weird, unclear, or potentially troublesome so we can hash it out before things get going in earnest.

One small rule change is coming to movement and it is this: For all grid spaces besides TRANSIT and Z, only one capital ship/platform can be present at a time. Ships are allowed to move through occupied spaces but not stop in them. The drag-n-drop grid app I'm (nearly finished) building will allow you to copy-paste a list of friendly and enemy units, then click on one of your units, and drag-n-drop it into another grid space - and it will show you which grid spaces you can move into and only lets you drop the unit in one of those valid move spaces. It keeps track of which units have moved or have moves left, etc... pretty neat. You can then export the grid state at the end and paste it in your summary, so the next player can load it up and have a look and play around with it. This probably won't be totally ready by Oct 1st but should be in the next few weeks. I've done most of the hard parts of it, just need to finish up some features and kick the tires a bit.

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
Re: Lets Get This Started!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 10:50:29 PM »
FYI, moving (internationally) starting with a flight tomorrow.  Should have Internet at the far end, but not sure yet if it actually got setup ahead of time, so I may be out completely for a little while.
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Lets Get This Started!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
Hey guys, I've been busy with life shit but dying to get into this. Going to put my faction starting things together asap and try to get some story up