Author Topic: Rejja "Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...A Long Time"  (Read 7871 times)

Offline Rejja

• SWSF Member
I was rummaging through an old box deep in a closet and stumbled in to HUNDREDS of pages of printed out (lol) posts from the old After Endor sim. It included a complete set of the early rules from circa 1998 (which should go in some Star Wars Sim Forum museum somewhere). It brought back such a wave of warm feeling that I had to search you folks down again.

I was Rejja Wailo, who served under Lee and Wedge in the AE: Republic Alliance, brother in arms with the great Solusar, fought shoulder to shoulder alongside Viskada and Jim Tillek, Gnl bremen and MKing65199. I was the sworn enemy of Soriano and KJustice 14 and the whole GI until I rebelled against the rebellion and briefly joined the Black Sun Organization (it's complicated!). 

IRL I was 15 years-old, freshly moved to the USA, and getting tortured in junior high. Finding the Star Wars Sim Forum was such a godsend...a real example of how magic the internet could feel in the mid-90s. Thanks to all those who were a part of that. It meant a lot at the time. And it's great to see some familiar SNs that I haven't thought about in decades. 

Wishing you all well. Encourage you to say hi if you want to swap war stories, piece together foggy memories, or just say hi.

For old times' sake, I'm sharing an old starfighter damage chart that Lee drew up, and a AE: RA roll call from around 1999. Enjoy!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
Re: Rejja "Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...A Long Time"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 10:16:21 PM »
Wow! Howdy Rejja and awesome to hear from you! I was WellerTerk in AE initially starting SIU with KJ. We IMed daily with Soriano and eventually Amir (VZarrin). Eventually did Black Sun Ort g and Hapans.  What an amazing time it all was.  I used to have the whole universe content printed out and hanging in packets in front of my family pc.

TCNButchx actually introduced me to AE by recruiting me to his CSA but I dont think it started and I think at launch I was then SIU. Those 80CM VSDs =)

I remember watching your, Wedge and Lee's activities with great anticipation.  Prob best NR work in simming in my exp.  Who was Light Brigade person?

Holy shit that roll call is awesome.  I knew Hobbes for certain think he went Hapan!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:27:21 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Rejja

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 12:37:24 AM »
Wow...an entire section of my brain just reopened (and I didn't even know it was shut). WellerTerk! A legend! You used to also go by YxWeller, right? I honestly feel like I'm talking with a celebrity right now.

And yet, I suddenly remember a 20 year-old grudge against you and the SIU. I left the RA to join Black Sun because I was convinced General Darklighter was getting too cozy with you Sovereign Imperial scum. Who woulda thunk I'd be smiling ear to ear to hear from you all these years later. Time really heals all wounds. =)

I truly hope that the past couple decades have treated you well. What a special memory we all share together -- so few people can keep that flame alive. It's rare (and tragic) to find a piece of the internet that's been simply lost to time.

Do you happen to have any of your old posts or storylines? I'd kill for the chance to read some of that again.

Have you found any of the other AE vets on here? Finding Lee Stefanos or Soriano would be an amazing final mission to pursue together

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 12:48:06 AM by Rejja »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 06:14:01 PM »
Haha- You are a man after my heart.  Careful though please sir, my egomania and sense of self importance is always on a hair trigger.  It's a bitch to keep in check.

But TCNButchx baptized me in to the AE circle thankfully delivering me from FP at the time. I remember being in a chat room with a dozen or so others at some point in launch prep.  To my recollection/knowledge the whole structure of the game was all Lee and Wedge's hard work. You guys were in it all before me and I checke in righ before it all kicked off.  CSA fell apart at beginning, ther ewere 3 of us- butch me and another dude damnit his name escapes me...

I remember you very distinctly but never with any sort of real animosity, but I'd have a grudge against anyone in AE plodding the space lanes with a duo-trio of those VSDs. I dunno where I met/found KJ but me and him started SIU then at launch with Soriano doing the other main Imp GE faction. (i remember his real name was Jason and he lived in the upper easy coast..vermont I want to say.)  I only wish I had any of the content man, I remember bits and pieces, like you say- at times there is something that unlocks a whole 'nother avenue of SWSF memories.  I can distinctly remember at one point KJ was running SIU and it was after one of those monthly High Council meetings where new tech and rule change/address proposals were addressed and after the fact we were bullshitting about it and KJ goes "Run Lee! The peasants are revolting!".  Kind of a hilarious insight in to the psychology of the mid level manager simmer =) in some sad saga angle however, probably a moment leading up to Lee's departure from AE.  But that rule set really shifted simming forever.

Man I met a I few dudes personally in my geo-area from all of this.  I entirely agree and couldn't think of any other way to say than you do- but what a unique experience we all share.  I to, smile from ear to ear and that's exactly what keeps it alive to this day for the several of us regularly active here..

As far as AE vets, I would dare to say everyone here touched down in AE at some point.  It went on so much longer than Lee, you guys and Soriano and what not.  Were you still hanging in there with Amir (VZarrin) did the IG (Imperial Guardians) ?  and then there was the whole AckbarTB era later on.

I do believe Ramano who recently checked back in has an extensive AE experience.  Amir is very busy, I try and talk him in to getting involved every so often but literally dude is a brain surgeon and on the IRGs most wanted list.  Ok- I added last part but I think he'd be flattered.

Hoppus here was in AE for a later bit I believe and Hale who is one of remaining highly active duders I believe touched in AE as AdamSmash.  There are even later AE warbooks available for download on the site but that printed material you tease may be the most 'virgin' of all.  If it is entire- there may be some great appreciation for your sharing all of it!!

But there are a lot of old school people I bet you recognise who have checked in or are active around here.  Run down..

This forum went from back in day hosted by Dravin to Empie##s (he was from AE I know) to eventually Hoppus who handles all of that for us now (eternal shouts out brother!)

Syren & Medivh are most active, they have a storyling saga that is years itself in the making.

Hale, Hoppus and Myself are always trying to get something together as a universe development wise. GalPizi has always been here.  Erasmar was for awhile but havent seen him in a minute.  Bishio posted a lot of awesome story for awhile in one uni launch. Basileus (GeorgeCSII) checks in from time to time. GreyJedi rejioned us recently and posted great story.  RanesDsane is here and does awesome contributions!  Rinny I think maybe did some old school AE writing?? She's here still..

Ramano has just started checking back in and hopefully sticks around.  EmperorSeverus has also rejoined the folded as of a few years ago and hopefully remains.

You can check out the memberlist and I bet recognize a lot of other old timers..  Starjunx has recently checked in,  Fearv (T1/Tanner) a little before.  Lots of folks

I remember mine and KJ's VSD names though... Audacity and Pandora's Box.  At some point, his became inaffectionately referred to as Pandora's Snatch.  Man.  Old days.

Lately there's a lot of OGs checking in.  IGErs, AEers and more.

Ideally.  We have a game of some form going again soon.  If youre in to that, it puts us closer to it because its all about community in the end.

So glad you said Stefanos.  LStefanos#s? was his AOL handle right?  Dude.  I wonder if he knows what he set in motion with that rule set.  As far as I remember- he didn't stick around for a whole lot of it

Hale is really our Rules Guru now a days and puts together great value systems for doing battle.  All it ever lacks is enough 'Umph'.  A seasoned starfighter corps leader of the New Republic could maybe play a lead role in shifting that ;p

Ramano is often NR oriented I know as well.  Hoppus has been crafting an AE inspired set in his own area I know..  maybe its maaagiccc
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 07:10:40 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 08:40:03 PM »
Welcome back! Cant post much at the moment bug I love to see folks come back around! Scan those rules!!

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 08:43:04 PM »
Also I was in the AckbarTB era, he recruited me to NHU first then I joined RA briefly in AE before a restart and then ended up in his SRI Ssruuvi sim? I think.

I still believe a very AE style game with multiple players is the only kind that will capture folks again, harder to donas adults with families though wrt time commitments and posting. I indeed have been working on something, though.

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
::Incoming message on the HoloNet::

Greetings Commander Rejja. I take your return to mean that the Republic Alliance is finally prepared to meet its end. What remains of your aging fleet is tattered, and I am not aware of a single officer in your ranks with the mettle or fortitude to face my Admirals and their illustrious Star Destroyers head on. Prove me wrong, if you dare. You will soon find the wrath of the Imperial Galactic Empire at your doorstep.

Warmest regards,

Admiral Krell, Grand Admiral in the service of Emperor Severus

::End message::

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 10:44:11 AM by EmperorSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED