Author Topic: I AM YOUR FATHER  (Read 13059 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
I AM YOUR FATHER
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »
There is a new documentary up on Netflix about David Prowse, who we know of course was the stage actor of Darth Vader. He never really got credit where credit was due during his career, and this documentary highlights that fact.

It's definitely worth checking out, especially if you're in need of a "Netflix and Chill, But For Real Netflix" night with your significant other.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
Re: I AM YOUR FATHER
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 12:00:45 PM »
There is a new documentary up on Netflix about David Prowse, who we know of course was the stage actor of Darth Vader. He never really got credit where credit was due during his career, and this documentary highlights that fact.

It's definitely worth checking out, especially if you're in need of a "Netflix and Chill, But For Real Netflix" night with your significant other.
From what I've heard, he and George Lucas did not have a great working relationship, and in fact, Prowse was banned from some Star Wars promotional events in recent years.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 09:12:38 AM »
Yeah the documentary gets into their professional beef. Apparently it stems from an alleged plot leak during the shooting of ROTJ. Lucas blamed Prowse for suggesting/hinting that Vader was going to die.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 02:07:49 PM »
  Speaking of leaks, all these Rogue One commercials are destroying the suspense!

Tickets on Sale Monday morning ladies and gents, boys and girls, rogues and scoundrels!
~J
SWSF 'til Death