Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII Countdown  (Read 37992 times)

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
Star Wars Episode VII Countdown
« on: March 19, 2014, 01:30:51 AM »
So it appears the timeline they have chosen will be around the Dark Nest trilogy. Not sure if anyone has been keeping up on this, but sounds like Han, Luke, and Leia will be making cameo appearances at the least. I'm very curious to see what the original story arch (not existing expanded universe content) will be.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Star Wars Episode VII Countdown
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:07:50 AM »
The way I see it, they pretty much can't do anything worse than what George already did with Episodes I, II & III.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »
We should make a murder pact for Abrams and Mickey Mouse in the event of an Episode I-esque vacuum bomb.

Who am I kidding though!? I saw Episode I 11 times in theaters only to refuse to watch it now.  VII will be amazing and it will captivate us and it will probably be the first movie we've watched in a long time where our minds didn't drift off to something else besides the screen. It will be awesome beyond our imaginable speculations at least for the honeymoon period, it's Star Wars!  And Disney don't fuck around either =)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:44:13 PM »
Disney has done good work with many of the Marvel titles. I just hope they don't try to make the movie too much for kids, and actually put together a real story like in the original trilogy and not that series of farts that started with phantom menace.

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »
Disney has done good work with many of the Marvel titles. I just hope they don't try to make the movie too much for kids, and actually put together a real story like in the original trilogy and not that series of farts that started with phantom menace.
Star Wars Episode VII: The Series of Farts

Nice working title
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 12:04:30 PM »
 ;D

Star Wars Episode VII: The Series of Farts

Nice working title
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:06:02 PM by Hoppus »

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »
I've heard Abrams dislikes most of the EU, so my bet is that the 30 years after RotJ means nothing in terms of the novels and their plots.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 04:32:29 PM »
They should have just done the Thrawn trilogy. Stupid bastards.

but I guess old ass luke and solo wouldn't fit in there.

damn.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 05:17:54 PM »
Speaking of the films, I've realized something...

IS OBI-WAN AS AWESOME AS HE'S CRACKED UP TO BE?

Episode I: Defeated by Maul. (Yeah, he got Maul in the end; but had that pipe not been in that bottomless pit, it would've been all over. I count that as a win for Maul).
Episode II: Defeated by Dooku hands down.
Episode III: Defeated by Dooku again.
Episode III: Narrowly squeezes out a win against Grevious.
Episode III: Goes 50/50 with Anakin until getting "high ground" advantage. A win is a win, sure, but it was an even fight.
Episode IV: Defeated by Vader. (Even though he sacrificed himself to ascended into the Force, a loss is a loss).
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 05:27:22 PM »
Obi-wan is shit, Hale.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »
Speaking of the films, I've realized something...

IS OBI-WAN AS AWESOME AS HE'S CRACKED UP TO BE?

Episode I: Defeated by Maul. (Yeah, he got Maul in the end; but had that pipe not been in that bottomless pit, it would've been all over. I count that as a win for Maul).
Episode II: Defeated by Dooku hands down.
Episode III: Defeated by Dooku again.
Episode III: Narrowly squeezes out a win against Grevious.
Episode III: Goes 50/50 with Anakin until getting "high ground" advantage. A win is a win, sure, but it was an even fight.
Episode IV: Defeated by Vader. (Even though he sacrificed himself to ascended into the Force, a loss is a loss).

Hogwash Hale!

A jedi is measured not by his victories in battle and triumph over foe, but by his triumph over the ever encroaching Darkness that seeks only to shake his dedication to the Light!

It was never his destiny to be a great warrior in the force but to be it's caretaker and guardian in assuring the return of the Order.  Obi-wan survived the destruction of the Order and he safe guarded and delivered the scion to his destiny.  Without Obi-wan Luke would be milking sand for moisture until his end!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:46:58 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 06:46:19 PM »
Take it back! Take it all back!

But seriously I am so excited for this I have a countdown app on my phone. 637 days 6 hours and 14 minutes to go!

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »
I've already made plans with one of my five work overlords who happens to be a HUUUUGE SW fan to skip work on opening day.  And the great part is he's #2 out of 5, so there's only one potential veto lurking!  :D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 02:00:01 PM »
Some comments from one of the producers of Ep VII about the Expanded Universe:
For me – and I know this was true for J.J. [Abrams] and Larry Kasdan, obviously, and Kathy Kennedy, and Michael Arndt, it was all about honoring the original movies and yet wanting to take a step forward, too, and tell a new story.
Sounds like the best of both worlds. They can and probably will pull ideas or even characters from the EU, but they won't be beholden to it.

And also, is this a picture of an AT-AT foot being shot on location in Abu Dhabi? Looks like it. Has spots for the "toes" to be attached and you can make out an inner circle on what would be the underside of the foot. The fact that they've made the prop look weathered and old -- and also that it's a real, physical prop -- is a great sign to me.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
Yeah they definitely aren't filming in North Africa anytime soon.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM