Author Topic: Simming Discussion  (Read 208083 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: Simming Discussion
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2017, 09:02:12 AM »
Take a gander at the rules and let me know if something doesn't make sense. By the time we launch I'd like to have everything smoothed over!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2017, 09:07:56 PM »
Everything seemed to make sense to me. Probably won't find any issues until we get into it deeper.
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2017, 10:38:32 PM »
browsed the rules ..... looks familiar ...... looks good

I recognize the Hale name. Not sure if that from SWSF AOL or because it is a SW legends character hah.

I was involved in AOL SWSF awhile back. I actually joined this forum probably as LrdMaligan or something a year or two ago. I did not get involved as I was moving for work and I wasn't feeling a story line exclusive sim. I am all about the narrative but I like what I see with this updated rules. Keep me in the loop

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2017, 12:13:48 PM »
All right I'm in, gonna start reading the rules in more detail.

Can we get a mock giong to practice and get familiar with the rules? Who's down?

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2017, 12:27:17 PM »
I'm down.

I remember you LrdMaligan. You taught me everything I knew about I think it was the Hapans in NH3?

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #215 on: April 19, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »
I'm down.

I remember you LrdMaligan. You taught me everything I knew about I think it was the Hapans in NH3?

I remember you as well LordMaligan. Probably from Nh3 as well.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #216 on: April 19, 2017, 01:03:41 PM »
BTW Hale, Eidolon and I would both like to sign up on the Rebel side.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2017, 01:34:36 PM »
BTW Hale, Eidolon and I would both like to sign up on the Rebel side.

THE DREAM TEAM!

We goin with Mon Cal as Campaign HQ or something like Hoth, Rendezvous?  Or much more central/visible i.e. Corellia/Chandrila?

At least from my initial skims it looks like we only get 1 Camp HQ per Faction, not 1 per player correct?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2017, 01:53:33 PM »
This should go without saying. I want to go Imp.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »
This should go without saying. I want to go Imp.

And so you shall be the first to die sir.  ;D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2017, 10:29:48 PM »

Query: Hale, so in total a campaign COULD have a total of 8 active playable systems if there were no overlap in RA/GE HQ, SS, Target1, Target2?

If for instance a HQ/SS overlaps another factions T1 or T2, thered be less then?

Just wrapping head around!

Sooo. Once a campaign completes, a planet may change color in galactic list, and a new campaign comes w new/same /whatev worlds.picked.next?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2017, 11:40:15 AM »
Anyone else wish to support the Empire?...... lol

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2017, 12:35:50 PM »
I will sign up for the Empire.  I see my character being an Admiral or Moff based on what others in our group decide. I proposed some suggestions / questions in the rule area which may influence my decision as well. I would love to see the campaigns connected to the overall universe in some way. I am a big fan of long term planning/strategy/story lines. I also was a bit confused by some of the crew/staff rules and would be fine doing away with that unless I am missing an important aspect of it.

GallPizi ... are there other Empire simmers on this forum ? It would probably be good if we had 4-5 people on our team ... even if 1 or 2 of them have minor admin roles and mostly story line .... keep things interesting. We can talk off line. Be well,  KO

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2017, 03:25:22 PM »
I would love to see the campaigns connected to the overall universe in some way. I am a big fan of long term planning/strategy/story lines.

They are I believe (waiting for confirmation from Hale), but it seems from set up that when you complete a campaign, depending on the outcome, your faction may gain control of the Target world(s) that particular campaign was set up for on the SWA:Yavin planet list.

So for instance, in starting a Rebel Alliance campaign, Hoppus and I could choose Mon Cal and Corellia as our HQ and SS worlds, and then say we pick Coruscant and Eriadu as our Target worlds for the campaign.  We have now choosen 4 worlds that will be PLAYABLE/ACTIVE/LIVE for the given campaign.

The Imperials have to choose their 4 systems as well, there could be overlap if you were to choose the same systems we choose as HQ or SS systems, but the max would be 8 if you had all different worlds from the 4 we named.   At the end of the Campaign then, if we conquer Eriadu for instance but fail to take Coruscant, then Eriadu will change to Red on the planet list.

The object being throughout campaigns from one to the next to turn the whole galaxy Red, or Blue if you're Imp.

Just a way of focusing a game so it's not entirely open world/open ended where a person with more free time can much more easily outpace all other players, sucking some of the ability to freely enjoy the game out for others.  At least how I'm looking at it I guess.

Also I was/am apprehensive about the Crew aspect, but it's just a resource cost thing, and in story I suppose it makes cool sense in a way.  It's not enough to afford a ship or munitions etc, but to have to rally people to your cause, another Story/Writing outlet.  Rather than just more posts about standing around on a bridge?

We've done the chat it out rodeo a thousand times around here over last ten/fifteen years and it just sucks up time and ends up in endless development detours with multiple partys espousing their "like, ideal ideal".  Hale drew up this system and as it sits it sounds like it will work and be cool once flowing.  Once that stale fart pops his head back in and notices we're taking interest anyways =)...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:27:42 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »
Yeah I saw lets give it a run out as is and see how it goes. If it turns out to not work properly we can assess things then?