Author Topic: Simming Discussion  (Read 207439 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Simming Discussion
« Reply #330 on: February 14, 2022, 07:40:09 PM »

There's definitely a whole lot of cock teasing from both ends going on here but have faith and blindly accept when you see or hear of it!

Hale's UCR and Action Point battle system were/are by far the smoothest and least exploitable we've had ever.  As Ram said though it mostly got no play beyond the trial Mocks.  It easily captured the essence of every individual unique unit though and it worked every time easily and seemlessly.

An overhead economic/faction system to suit the pulse of the would-be crowd and a sandbox are the only required supplements.

The version I think you are referring to Ram was the 'Edge of the Republic' development that Hale only initially had his Build A Ship scheme drawn up for as far as I ever saw anyways and I'd worked on a regional gal map for but we never played at all.

Hale has been mostly out for bit now.  I'm assuming all is well with him and he's just on a hiatus to return at some point.

I'm working on Twin Stars of Kira content myself currently.  I'm always down to play a point game though.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2022, 01:22:09 AM »
Yeah but i suck at that system lmao.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #332 on: February 21, 2022, 11:21:31 AM »
Nah it just needed to be executed on a 1 ship at a time basis.  Like we all had 3-4 ships, so instead of I move all mine, you move all yours, etc we go everyone moves 1 ship at a time, then on to next player moving 1 ship until all of everyone ships have been moved.  It would take a bit long to get things done but also in developing slower it gives everyone more opportunity and not be forced entirely in to reactive stance.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #333 on: March 01, 2022, 03:46:38 PM »
I agree with you Eid. I think it worked well, but going ship by ship (and perhaps making rounds by ship class) would have been all right with me. Battles would be slow but that's fine. Each turn is less work so maybe they'd go faster in the long run!

By rounds/class I meant...

Everyone moves ALL their SFs in one turn and does attacks (or chooses to hold them and use them at any other time).
Everyone moves 1 small ship at a time and does attacks. If you run out of small ships you just sit out while others wrap up? 
Eveyrone moves 1 large ship at a time and does attacks.

So different units get different priority.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #334 on: March 06, 2022, 12:25:59 AM »
Heres an idea, probably a bad one but alas, its something. Everyone posting here work on a ruleset and stats and lets build a new one together. Perhaps people will show more interest in a game they helped to create? If nothing else it will give us something to talk about anyway. 

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #335 on: May 20, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »
Really missing simming and the community lately. Feeling pretty burned out with all work all the time lately. I need an old school game back in my life. I should at least start writing something in the Kira universe! Gahhhh.... but boy do I really miss like AE style sim battles so bad lately.

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #336 on: June 23, 2022, 08:09:10 PM »
Same. Missing it quite a bit. 
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #337 on: July 06, 2022, 02:27:28 PM »
We got something in the oven right now. Working title "Corvette Commander."

It will be a cooperative (rather than competitive) format, in which everyone gets a corvette and can pimp it out, run missions, upgrade, etc.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #338 on: September 05, 2022, 09:21:49 PM »
👋

Changed jobs in August. Life things as per usual. But overall doing very well at the moment aside from no time for sim related shenanigans. 

Was thinking about AE and NHU and Outer Rims Universe today. Sort of popped into my head out of the blue. 

How's everyone else doing out there? 

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2022, 01:27:08 PM »
Behind on everything.

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2022, 11:37:43 AM »
I'm still around - can usually post once a month or more if time allows. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #341 on: September 19, 2022, 04:47:04 PM »
Curious what folks remember/miss/enjoyed the most about the larger sims that ran in the AOL forum days? The combat? The stories? The empire management?

I think I enjoyed the combat (coordinated as a group) the most, and that resting on the back drop of a dynamic (albeit not super clever) economy, with units being built, resupplied, etc. Even though I didn't have much insight into how the economy was run, what was under construction, and things like that.

What about you?

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2022, 11:08:19 PM »
The entire experience really was a blast.  The sense of ownership, pride and empowerment of collectively giving this community driven idea life was maybe the strongest element.  Watching it move and be in motion.  The way they romantically talk about Baseball in movies with a narrative all american tone- it was like that for me.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #343 on: October 02, 2022, 08:38:00 PM »
All this night time Star Wars viewing makes me jones for some classic era simming, man.

Offline George

• SWSF Member
« Reply #344 on: December 14, 2022, 06:26:14 PM »
  I'm working on Twin Stars of Kira content myself currently.
Tell us more?
George