Author Topic: Simming Discussion  (Read 207837 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Simming Discussion
« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2021, 11:15:11 AM »
what was old name again, and what if any cost is associated with a change?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #301 on: August 23, 2021, 04:01:58 PM »
swsimforum.com

Not much cost, just pointing the servers to a new domain. I would redirect swsfonline.com to swsimforum.com until the registration ran out on it. Might effect people finding us through google... and I don't have time or desire to handle that appropriately...

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2021, 07:28:38 PM »

More finds is good, I vote change it. Lemme know what I owe ya in PM
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #303 on: August 26, 2021, 03:04:14 PM »
I'll see if I can do it over the next week.

On a side note, been listening to music I listened to in mid to late 90s and holy shit I want to bring back classic simming :(

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #304 on: August 27, 2021, 10:59:13 AM »
Seriously. Those were the days...and the best music. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #305 on: August 27, 2021, 02:50:07 PM »
  Everyones favorite music is from their coming of age years.

According to me, the greatest album of all time is Tool Aenima (96).  Soften this old armor.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 02:51:57 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2021, 10:31:17 AM »
That's a great album. I didn't get into TOOL until I was a little bit older (end of HS, college in 2000-2002).

My play list includes a lot of stuff from middle school up to first years of HS (1994-1999)! So, lots of Nirvana, some Pearl Jam, Goldfinger, Mighty Bosstones, Reel BIg Fish (yeah I went through a third wave ska phase about then), then NOFX, Ten Foot Pole, Millencollin, Bad Religion (got into Epitaph records punk bands), oh and some Offspring (Smash disk was a great one for me!). Oh and Blink 182! Of coursez

I have such a spirit of fun and adventure that fills me revisiting this music, it's like sloughing off this adult skin that's weighed down with so much responsibility, limitation, economic anxieties, and meta-thinking-stress!!! It's like going back to just having fun -- programming, writing, whatever... I realise I have forgotten how to just have fun. I can't. My time is limited, and my mind by default classifies everything into must do, should do, can't do... there's no room for joy in this way of living... where everything is strategized, or obligated, or driven by fear (like "i need to study this shit so I wont lose my job in 2 years and fall behind the industry" rather than "this new shit is neat, lets fuck around with it and learn!" which is the 1997-me's approach to the same sort of topics!!!)

Anyway yeah I should probably see a therapist.

Also I am trying to figure out a way to bring back traditional simming. There is a really cool game there to play. There has to be 30-50 people on planet earth that would be into it. What tools, what changes to the original game, can we make to get something going again.. there HAS TO BE A WAY. That game is one of the only joys i had growing up, and it was such a massive joy... I want that back. I miss gaming and having fun.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 11:03:23 AM by SWSF Hoppus »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #307 on: September 01, 2021, 09:54:00 AM »
I got into Tool deep in 96 or 97 but I remember having cassette tapes of Opiate and Undertow in my first whip.  Opiate still rocks so fucking hard.  "Throw that bob marley wanna be mother fucker outta here!" In HS I used to sleep to Aenima on repeat.

Offspring Smash tour was first concert I ever went to.  They kind of keep making the same album and single for the last ten years though.  It could be my 'personal golden age bias' though, I have a hard time liking new material from a lot of older bands.

Alice in Chains is the only grunge band that lasted the test of time for me that I still actively choose to listen to now a days.

Bad Religion is still in my top tier and always will be.  From How Could Hell Be Any Worse? to No Substance anyways, after that one I stopped following the modern material.

NOFX still holds a place in my heart.  Linoleum live is such a mover.  I was big in to the Fat Wreck Chords and Epitaph bands as well.  California Dreaming by Hi-Standard may be one of the top covers of all time for me still.

I understand your lament on re-learning to have fun!  We probably all go through varying levels of that.  It's super important to stop and smell the roses though, I have to remind myself probably several times a day to chill out and enjoy the moments rather than stressing things I need to do.  Hard to find that balance.  It can go both ways, sometimes so that I don't have to do things I need to do I just soak in pass times and hobbies instead of handling business.  Other times I can't enjoy the moment because I'm too fixated on handling business or the business I didn't handle earlier.

Therapy for me is being alone in the woods or on a lake.  Preferably frozen.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #308 on: September 04, 2021, 10:34:33 AM »
Just buy a bag of weed. Its cheaper.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #309 on: September 07, 2021, 04:04:21 PM »

In the era of economic legitimacy it's called Cannabis sir!

But I don't think it's any cheaper than in the black market days.  Low quality flower is still around 25 for an 1/8, but who the hell wants that crap ;p

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #310 on: September 08, 2021, 11:43:05 AM »
I've been getting into nature in my older age as well. Not camping or anything that crazy, but I appreciate being in parks, on the water, away from dense urban city. I also bought a shit load of house plants and its been fun keeping them growing.

I am starting a revision of After Endor, the long-delayed Legacy of Endor!

And I am going to rebuild the forum software and customize it for that game in particular (but still it will work like a usual forum).

This will all take a long time, but its going to happen!

I have idea on how to adjust some of the old rules to balance things a bit better and add some interest... the goal is going to be 1 ship per player, one way or another, I will make that happen!!!

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #311 on: September 08, 2021, 02:36:24 PM »
I, too, have fallen victim to the house plant hobby during quarantine. Had a few previously but leaned in hard. Now it's....well, out of control. A veritable jungle but it makes me happy. 

Speaking of legit cannabis, they now deliver here. So much easier just ordering it up and having it dropped by while tending to those plants or making dinner.

It's the small things.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 02:49:22 PM by Syren »
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #312 on: September 09, 2021, 07:12:21 PM »

Thats awesome, growing anything is so spiritual.  I am in 3rd year of vegetable gardening, various peppers are my main crop because they are so easy and seem naturally resist to alot of diseases the broadleaf plants can get and also we got a few house plants but looking to expand that.  We did get an orchid to rebloom for first time ever this summer though and it was awesome, it came in 2 waves of like 6 big ass bulb buds each.  It was zenish.  I have to get a big ass plant next spring of a particular variety though, have been researching- there are a whole branch:) of them that get moisture from the air and thus lower humidity in the home.

The idea of delivery bud and grubhub/dd is appealing, it's just that I'm too cheap to pay delivery for anything, even pizza.  I go to the cannabis store at 9am on a saturday morning to avoid the rush.

Re: LoE That is cool Hop- sounds fun, can I do your planet list/galmap?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #313 on: September 10, 2021, 12:46:18 PM »
Umm... yeah. We've had bud delivery here for decades. Lol. But weed still isnt legal here, nor ever will be with a republican super majority in the state. However, im not paying 25 an 1/8th either. Holy crap, ill just shoot you and take your shit if someone told me that. A dime bag here still costs $10. Id prefer they dont legalize it personally. Legal shit costs too much. Ill keep getting it from Canada for $80 an ounce.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #314 on: September 10, 2021, 02:05:06 PM »
Oh, that is such a you thing to say. The taxes on legal cannabis here go to fund infrastructure and schools so it's like an investment into the community. Convenience is often expensive but such is life, darling. 
Syren