Author Topic: Simming Discussion  (Read 208038 times)

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
Re: Simming Discussion
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »
Best of luck to you are your family. Congrats !

Good time for recruitment and early story lining

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2017, 03:01:08 PM »
Okay, specs are done. If you guys need any handy more quick reference cheat sheets to simplify anything in the rules that isn't clicking, let me know! In the meantime, maybe we can start discussing a soft launch date?

As eager as I am to get started as soon as possible, my wife and I are expecting a baby ANY DAY NOW (he's already 1 day late!) so I can assure you that the Forum is going to go on the back burner for a couple of weeks.... just being real!

Maybe June 3rd could be our first Action Day? And until then we can refine our Team disposition, get fleets built and everything prepared?

Awesome news! Congratulations :)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »
my wife and I are expecting a baby ANY DAY NOW

1st toy an abacus or just starting off on a graphing calculator? ;D

Maybe June 3rd could be our first Action Day? And until then we can refine our Team disposition, get fleets built and everything prepared?

That sparkles with me
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
June 3rd is Rapidly Approaching! :)
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2017, 08:20:56 PM »
  FYI I should have RA start up purchases completely logged in our campaign thread sometime tomorrow.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #245 on: June 03, 2017, 08:41:05 AM »
Sounds good!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2017, 11:54:12 AM »
Holy fudge.  Lots to account!

I'm sure I'll be tweeking a bit here and there in to tomorrow before finalize to balance things out a bit but overall it'll be about what it looks like now.  Still have to factor in some ground pdf with my wiggle room and then to tweak here and there to get to where we want to be match up wise.  May see a few capships fall off here and there but nothing radical shift wise.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2017, 10:27:55 AM »
Glad to see things get started …

I had a thought. If we ever wanted to revert back to a one character/one ship rule. We could allow each participant the power to own TWO characters. THis could make for interesting story lining and help fill in ranks. The level of activity could draw others into the game as well.

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #248 on: December 17, 2017, 02:40:00 AM »
Am I missing something or did the game disappear?

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #249 on: December 17, 2017, 05:30:56 AM »
Am I missing something or did the game disappear?

Final cleanup its coming back

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #250 on: December 17, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »

Ranes, little harder to find a good distinguished color than I'd of thought!

I tried a much brighter and lighter green here. Attempted to sort of link SA through color hue to Hutts in that your both criminal oriented?

If it doesnt stand out enough for your liking yet let me know and I'll try another!

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Bishio

• SWSF Member
« Reply #251 on: December 17, 2017, 06:21:09 PM »
I find it is something that is mostly an issue with size, but to make it 'really' bigger runs it into other issues.  So when I just hold control and then wheel a couple times to zoom in I find it a lot easier.  I really notice it over on the 4k monitor. 

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2017, 03:16:18 PM »
Green's fine by me, and I can see it well.

Thanks
- Ranes

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2017, 05:24:14 PM »
Can anyone give me a link back to the GDrive?

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #254 on: May 23, 2018, 03:34:46 AM »
So here are my thoughts:

- It should definitely be set in the original EU some number of years After Endor. A certain Emperor is rumored to have assumed command of the IGE...

- Each person starts out with one capital ship. As your faction captures additional systems, credits are distributed among faction members to purchase additional ships and fighters.

- You're not limited in terms of the total number of characters you can have, but you must have at least one character per capital ship (the captain of that ship). For example, if you started out with a Nebulon-B Frigate in the New Republic, you could just have one character (the captain), or you could have multiple characters (e.g., the captain + a first officer + an X-Wing squadron leader + an ambassador or Jedi Knight). By "captain" I just mean the captain of the ship--I'm not referring to their rank (they could be an Admiral, for example).

- You as an individual are not limited in terms of the total number of capital ships or other units you can have. Your faction, however, does have a credit limit imposed by the IGBC (based on the number of people in your faction) that effectively limits the total number of capital ships, upgrades, squadrons and ground units on the galaxy map. This allows each person to command a sizable armada that a) is not limited artificially by saying each person can have up to x number of super capital ships, y number of capital ships, z number of whatever, and b) still keeps things reasonable. You want more ships and other units in your faction beyond what you're able to build with your current credit limit? There's a simple solution: Get your friends and coworkers to join the forum.

- Story posts should be strongly encouraged but not mandated in any artificial way (i.e., no bonuses of any kind for story posts). If there are individuals who want to post story posts only, they may do so.

- Space and ground combat should absolutely be calculated (total up the damage to shields, systems and hull based on capital ship specifics and the Space Damage Chart). Damage should be subtracted from a ship's total shields (or whatever). For example, if you were to fire 350 laser cannons at an ISD, that ISD's shields should go down from 3200 to 2850). No consideration for hull zones.

- Combat should occur naturally when ships of opposing factions find themselves in the same space whether on purpose or by chance. It should not occur on specific days only or anything like that.

- Maximum one action or combat post a day per capital ship or squadron or whatever (whether movement or combat or both). Like the old "once every 12 hours" rule on AOL but expanded to 24 hours.

- As many story posts as you like, no limit.

- You should be able to commit a ship's total docking bay space to whatever you want that fits, as Eidolon mentioned in various posts.

- No artificial ways of ending the sim such as capturing Coruscant or Mon Calamari or accomplishing some other pre-defined objective. The sim should end when all capital ships have been destroyed from one of the primary Imperial or Rebel\New Republic\whatever factions, or when x number of months have passed, whichever comes first.

- No artificial advantages (i.e., no sim equivalents of hero cards or something).

- There should be no "quests" or other pre-defined objectives that you can accomplish to get upgrades or other bonuses.

- Rolling dice is fun, but let's leave it out.

- The map for sublight movement can be as complex (x-y grid for a system, firing ranges + arcs + ship speed, a separate grid for the planet itself) or as simple ([ 2 ][ 1 ][ P ]) as you like. Both are fine with me, and I'll go with the majority on this.

- Tech that is not available at the start should be made available at any time after the start if there is enough demand for it or if something was just forgotten. The same with star systems. Changes can only be made by consensus of those who have access to the internal thread re: sim rules.

- Changes to ship specs, credit limits, etc. after the start of the sim could also occur out of necessity. Here again changes can only be made by consensus of those who have access to the internal thread.

- I thought I read this somewhere, but I couldn't find it when I searched for it again later: How do you want to handle cloaking during space combat?

- Should Jedi, Dark Jedi, or Sith have any impact on combat?

- How do you want to handle slicing? Or have you already figured that out?

- Should capital systems be declared from the start? I think yes. Can a faction change which system is their capital system? I think yes, but only if their first capital system has been captured or if they have completely moved the forces from the original capital system to the new one. If a faction changes which system is their capital system, they do not have to reveal the location of their new capital except to a moderator. What do you think?

@Hale - I'm very interested in what you mentioned in your May 10, 2016 post about R&D and Support Teams. How would that work exactly? I get the basic idea of tech being restricted until it has been researched, but what does it take to research and unlock it (for example, to unlock ISD II's or ISD III's)?

@Eidolon - Have you given more thought to your idea about Fleet Formations (cf. your April 17, 2016 post)? Sounds interesting. Please clarify how that would work exactly.

@everyone - Thoughts? Whatever we do, let's just get something going instead of talking about it endlessly.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 04:35:27 PM by LordSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED