Author Topic: THYFERRA  (Read 67043 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: THYFERRA
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
The system was busy with traffic as the clean up from recent battles and defense restructuring took place. More then likely the reason for the probes unknown presence in the deepspace zone quietly scanning the scene. Scattered through the system were various patrol craft, and the rebellion flagship remained stationed in high orbit, fully restocked and ready for any other unwelcome surprises from bored imperials. (-snickers-)

Fleet Status:
Ramano's Heavy Dreadnaught (RHD) Destiny Ascension *Flagship*
Cost: 1500 KCs (Unique)
Production Time: 15 Days (Unique)
Command Points: 10
Length: 700 meters
Hyperdrive: x0.75 (Fast Hyperdrive)
Shields: 1540 (Mon Calamari Shields)
Armor: 770
Hull: 770
Systems: 700 (Boosted Systems)
Speed: Fast (2)
Maneuver: (2)
Weapons:
15 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (248)
30 Heavy Quad Laser Cannons (264)
2 Tractor Beam Projectors (200m)
Onboard Units:
(3 Starfighter Squadrons)
1 Veteran Y-Wing Squadron *hanger*
1 Elite X-Wing Squadron *hanger*
1 Elite Z-95 Squadron *hanger*
(Ground units and Aux may not be modified)
80 Republic Assault Troopers (LOST Division) *hanger*
20 Republic Vanguard Troopers (LOST Division) *hanger*
20 LAAT/c Gunships *launched*
20 AT-TEs *launched*
Notes: Ramano belonged to a splinter squadron in the Rebel Alliance that used Old Republic technology that was funded and improved up by the Rebel Alliance to perform high-impact surgical strikes as part of a rapid response force commanded only by Ramano, who the Rebel High Command preferred to "unleash" rather than "control". Assigned 1000 Republic Heavy Troopers, Ramano created the Low Orbit Shock Trooper (LOST) Division, which enables these troopers to deploy without dropship support from the A-Ring and immediately into the Atmsophere, where they can land anywhere on a planet to strike. The Dreadnaught also features externally rack mounted LAAT/c Gunships, modified for space travel, as Auxiliary support. Used to transport AT-TE walkers during the Clone Wars, these
LAAT/c Gunships do just that, enabling Ramano's team to insert even some powerful GAVs into any battlefield. Due to advanced technology the ship carries a 350KC maintenance cost every action day or is immediately scrapped for no gain. May never be rebuilt.

Venator Star Destroyer (VNSD) Idenna
Cost: 1400 KCs
Production Time: 14 Days
Length: 1140 meters
Hyperdrive: x1
Shields: 1254
Armor: 1254
Hull: 704
Systems: 640
Speed: Slow (1)
Weapons:
10 Dual Heavy Turbolaser Cannons (220)
50 Heavy Laser Cannons (110)
Onboard Units:
(8 Starfighter Squadrons)
4 A-Wing Squadrons *launched*
4 Elite Z-95 Squadrons *hanger*
(30 Auxiliary Craft)
10 L/SHUs *hanger*
20 ATRs *hanger*
(500 Infantry Squads)
500 Republic Fleet Marine Squads *launched*
Notes: Capable of entering the atmosphere and making planetary landings.

NeutronStar Battle Cruiser (NSBC) Nefrane
Cost: 500 KCs
Production Time: 5 Days
Length: 600 meters
Hyperdrive: x2
Shields: 660
Armor: 660
Hull: 660
Systems: 300
Weapons:
Onboard Units:
(1 Starfighter Squadron)
1 StarViper Squadron *hanger*
(500 Infantry Squads)
500/500 Republic Fleet Marines *launched*
(50 GAVs)
50/50 Speeder Bikes *launched*
Notes: This ship can enter the atmosphere and make planetary landings.

NeutronStar Battle Cruiser (NSBC) Cybean
Cost: 500 KCs
Production Time: 5 Days
Length: 600 meters
Hyperdrive: x2
Shields: 660
Armor: 660
Hull: 660
Systems: 300
Weapons:
Onboard Units:
(1 Starfighter Squadron)
1 StarViper Squadron *hanger*
(500 Infantry Squads)
500/500 Republic Fleet Marines *launched*
(50 GAVs)
50/50 Speeder Bikes *launched*
Notes: This ship can enter the atmosphere and make planetary landings.

Fighter Group 1: A-1 *CSP*
4/4 A-Wing Squadrons     Shields: 240/240, Armor: 120/120, UCR: 10

Aux Group 1: GA-1 *Landed*
20/20 LAAT/c Gunships     Shields: 54/54, Armor: 36/36, Systems: 36/36, UCR: 4

Ground Group 1: GA-1 *Uhh... sitting there?*
1500/1500 Republic Fleet Marine Squads     Attack Rating: 3, HP: 6, UCR: 6
100/100 Speeder Bikes     Attack Rating: 11, HP: 11, UCR: 11
20/20 AT-TE     Attack Rating: 55, HP: 110, UCR: 7

PDF Fleet:
Corellian Corvette (CORV) x7 Alpha One - Alpha Seven
Cost: FREE
Production Time: 7 Days
Command Points: 1
Length: 150 meters
Hyperdrive: x0.75
Shields: 150
Armor: 150
Hull: 150
Systems: 100
Speed: Very Fast (3)
Maneuver: (4)
Weapons:
2 Dual Heavy Turbolaser Cannons (40)
4 Heavy Ion Cannons (16)
2 Concussion Missile Launchers (4)
1 Tractor Beam Projector (100m)
Onboard Units:
5 Republic Fleet Marine Squads *hanger*
External Units:
1 L/SHU *hanger*
Notes: Can enter atmosphere and make planetary landings.

PDF Fighter Group 1: A-1
3/3 Republic Z-95 Squadrons     Shields: 144/144, Armor: 144/144, UCR: 5

PDF Ground:
1 Beta class Military Industrial Complex
Cost: 250 KCs
Production Time: 7 Days
Length: 200 meters
Shields: 200
Armor: 200
Hull: 200
Systems: 200
Defense UCR: 15 (Armored Ground Facility)
Weapons: None
Upgrade Cost: None
Industrial Output: 0 KCs (Military Facility)
Onboard Units:
(300 Infantry Squads)
300/300 Republic Fleet Marine Squads *garrisoned*
(30 GAVs)
30/30 Speeder Bikes *garrisoned*
Capabilities:
1. Can produce all neutral ground units and vehicles.
Notes: Military Industrial Complexes are standardized manufacturing and training facilities designed to build and equip armies and provide standing defenses.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:47:15 PM by Ramano »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 11:49:19 AM »
All had been going well, and the citizenry of the planet below were beginning to come to terms with the arrangement. After finally being convinced nothing about their day to day lives was going to change, the populous was minutely growing warmer to the rebellion soldiers. Although a few incidents had occurred, swift public executions on both sides quelled the tensions. A message that resounded through the fleet that there was to be zero interference with this planet outside of defensive restructuring. The silence of the moment was interrupted by the alarm sirens erupting to life.

"Radar report!"
"Sir, reading a lone imperial probe droid in sector DZ-3, active scanning."
"Send out Alpha 7 to destroy it before it can get any more information on the system. Pull all ships to a defensive formation in Sector A-1 around the Destiny. Get the ground units into formations and the ships off the ground. All craft, we are at red alert status."

Quickly a the corvette sped from A-3 into DZ-3 and opened fire on the probe wiping it from the space around the planet. Meanwhile ships around the system pulled into formation for yet another bout with the imperials.

Summary:
SLed a little
(If you want an actual attack summary for that, I can make one, but it seems pretty dumb and a waste of time)

Unknown (Last known reports are my last posted status, and the CORV Alpha Seven moving to DZ-3)

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 03:45:56 PM »
ComScan Sensors
DEEP SPACE ~ Ships in Deep Space Zones are invisible to Passive Scanning, and can only be detected by Active Scanning from other ships in the same Deep Space Zone or bordering C-Ring grid spaces. Exiting hyperspace in a Deep Space Zone is undetectable to other capital ships in the C-ring or further (so ships in the same DSZ can detect you).

As no transmission has been sent, the Probe remains undetected.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 04:31:23 PM »
Your probe is ACTIVE scanning as you so elequently put it. According to the rules for active scanning I automatically know where its at. So it should most certainly be detected and destroyed.

From your original Thyferra post
A single probe droid emerges from hyperspace in DS-3 of Abregado Rae and begins an active scan of the system.

Summary:
Exited in DS-3.
ACTIVE scanning.

Your OOC post pertaining to it
Your question could have been avoided if you had read my post. I even put it in caps, ACTIVE scan. Oh, speaking of reading, your PDF is over capacity. The rules clearly state a limit of 23 CP / 7 Ship max. Your ships can never exceed 7 in number.

ACTIVE ~ A capital ship, auxiliary craft, or facility (with ComScan) is actively transmitting sensor sweeps to verify locations and details of in-system units. Active Scanning reveals the location of the unit performing the scanning.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:39:19 PM by Ramano »

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 02:39:00 AM »
The lone probe completed scanning the orbital defenses of Thyferra. Unfortunately for the droid, it was detected and the system was alerted to its presence. It transmitted the data as enemy corvettes mobilized, and self destructed when it became evident that it could not escape in time.

Summary:
Transmitted scans.
Probe destroyed.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 08:49:44 AM »
Jason sat aboard the bridge of the Destiny. It had been almost 2 days since the probe had been destroyed and for now all was still well. He looked over intel reports that were coming in from around the galaxy. His thoughts were interrupted by his Xo.

"Sir, are you sure we should not stand down from red alert status? Its been nearly 48hrs since Alpha Seven destroyed that probe."
"Intel reports say the Imperial Fleets are on the move, and I would be willing to bet you my life they are headed here."
"I would hope so sir, you've left nearly every other planet in our space wide open to attack keeping our fleet here. Some might call it foolish sir."

Jason stood from his command chair, looking out the viewport surveying the system. Things moved into position and he was quite happy about how things were forming up. Even now the 2 new stations were being moved into the system, and would be operational by the end of the day.

"Admiral Halsey, it is time we show the new Emperor that we are capable of learning from imperial tactics as well. The empire are not the only ones who can lay a trap."

He looked to his 2 O'clock out of the viewport staring straight at the massive surprise awaiting the imperials when they did inevitably arrive.

"Pay attention admiral, this will be a battle for the ages."
"Aye aye sir, we will keep the fleet at battle readiness."

Summary:
SL'd
Recorded new fleet formation for PDF

xxxx xxx
xxxxx xx
xxx xxxx
xxx xxxx xxx xxxxx
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:51:35 AM by Ramano »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 06:06:16 PM »
Jason stood in the hanger of the Destiny Ascension as they awaited the shuttle from the planet, the small security detail more for show then for protection. The small white shuttle flew into the hanger, a slight glare from the star off its hull causing the hanger denizens to squint momentarily. With a loud metallic clang it touched down and the exit ramp extended 4 troopers with the planets president followed by another 4 troopers.

"My such a large security detail for a friendly visit."
"Admiral, while I am pleasantly surprised at the minimal level of interference with our planet and government, I still see you as nothing more then a syndicate goon, and I do not trust you."

Jason chuckled momentarily

"Mr. President, I assure you, if you had anything to fear from me, you would have never survived the initial assault on your meager defenses. And besides, you currently stand inside my flagship. I have 1000 of the most heavily trained, technologically advanced troops in the galaxy on board this vessel, another 700 crew. Do you truly feel your 8 man entourage would stand even 30 seconds against that?"

With but a raise of his hand, hundreds of small red dots appeared throughout the small area occupied by the president and his men. With in seconds the entire troop formation standing with him hand their hands in the air, being far outnumbered by superior positions.

"You will find my level of trust mutual Mr. President. And in such situations, the man with the bigger gun gets to make the calls. And as you can see, my guns are far bigger, and I have thousands of them."
"Effective logic, if not ultimately brutish Admiral. I believe you have made your point we are no threat to you."

Jason flicked the pink finger on his raised hand before lowing it to his side. All around the hanger the troops exited from their positions and headed out back to the barracks. He then raised his hand to shake the hand of the president.

"With the formalities out of the way, let me welcome you to the Destiny Ascension, pride of the rebellion fleet. I also hear construction has finished on the new military operations center?"
"Yes admiral. The new planetary defenses are online."
"Excellent, then it would seem there is little use for me to remain in your system."
"All the better."
"We really will have to work better on this animosity you hold toward me Mr. President. I wish nothing more then to help your planet maintain its sovereignty. From any source."
"With all due respect admiral, you come to my planet in force, attack my cities, kill my citizens, all in the name of some greater good. And while I can not argue with the results, and am happy you have held to your word not to interfere with our daily activities outside of minor security measures, I am quite concerned by the amount of power you control. Do remember, the Empire itself was formed with the best intentions on maintaining the security of the republic, and we all see how that turned out."
"I can assure you Mr. President, I am no Sith Overlord, nor do I hold any sway over the force. You will find in time I do not wish to rule over anything, only show others how to protect themselves so they may rule as they see fit."
"We shall see admiral. We shall see."

Summary:
#4 Milestone met
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:41:40 AM by Ramano »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
The VNSD Idenna drops all onboard craft, heads to endor to restock on factory units, and enters HS for Mon Cal. Meanwhile the MC-80 Mon Remonda joins up with the fleet and restocks. The fleet then enters HS for ****

Summary:
Enters HS for **** (eta: 10/17)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 10:34:56 AM »
Edit: 10/24 20 LAAT/c's and 6 A-Wing squadrons finish production at Thyferra and meet up with the MC-80 as it exits HS, and begins preparations to head back to Eriadu.

Being reloaded and ready the MC-80 Mon Remonda enters HS back for Eriadu.

Summary:
Reloaded and entered HS

MC80 Mon Calamari Star Cruiser (MC80) Mon Remonda
Cost: 1900 KCs
Production Time: 14 Days
Length: 1300 meters
Hyperdrive: x1
Shields: 2860
Armor: 1430
Hull: 1430
Systems: 715
Speed: Slow (1)
Weapons:
48 Turbolaser Batteries (634)
20 Ion Batteries (110)
6 Tractor Beams (660m)
Onboard Units:
(8 Starfighter Squadrons)
4 L/SHUs *launched @Eriadu*
6 Medium Transports *launched @Eriadu*
(600 Infantry Squads)
600 Republic Fleet Marine Squads *launched @Eriadu*
(30 GAVs)
30 Speeder Bikes *launched @Eriadu*
Notes: Must be manufactured at MON CALAMARI SHIPYARDS.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:44:15 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 08:52:42 AM »
The rebel fleet flashed from hyperspace, raises shields and recalculates the next jump.

Summary
1. Exited HS in **
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:13:11 AM by GCW Hoppus »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2012, 08:58:17 AM »
Gotta wait 12hrs to re-enter but yes, its perfectly legal to turn around here.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 09:34:03 AM »
GM Ruling

Ramano, the MC80 Mon Remonda may not replenish its units and head back to Eriadu because Eriadu is still in conflit per definition of the rules. Even though you withdrew the MC80 to Thyferra (which is not IN CONFLICT) to replenish units, Eriadu is IN CONFLICT and therefore you cannot return there with new units. What is Legal: pulling the MC80 out, returning to a friendly system to recharge shields/repair armor, and then going back into combat WITHOUT fresh units. The idea is that the initial conflict must resolve before players can send in reinforcements.

A Concise Definition of Conflict and Occupation
When a system has an active hostile presence, it is considered "in conflict". Any participating or belligerent units in that system are thereby also considered "in conflict", and the manufacturing abilities of all facilities are also suspended. Only until a system is wholly cleared out by a single faction for a period of 24 hours will a system no longer be considered "in conflict". Occupation of a system occurs when all military units and facilities of a host faction have either been destroyed or surrendered to a foreign faction. While a system is being occupied, it can be claimed by your faction if a ground facility is built there.

AND

The Burden of Command
3. ... The final caveat to this rule is that any new additions, transfers, swaps, or any modifications to any player fleet cannot take place if units are involved in combat operations or will be entering combat upon their arrival to a player's current location.

GM Decision: The MC80 Mon Remonda may enter HS for Eriadu will 100% HP but may not do so with restocked units; if you do not want the MC80 to enter HS then you can void its movement and it will remain at Thyferra. If you want to send the MC80 back to Eriadu with full units, then you must make a full withdrawal from Eriadu and wait 24 hours for the system to no longer be considered "in conflict" - however this means Dementat will also be able to send in reinforcements as well.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2012, 07:26:51 AM »
In about 1hr 30 min, the New Republic Fleet enters hyperspace again.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »
Imperial Reconnaissance Forces

Scores of Imperial Probe Droids dropped out of hyperspace into the Thyferra System and immediately began performing active scans of the planet below.

Viper Probe Droid 11
Armor: 20/20

Viper Probe Droid 12

Viper Probe Droid 13

Viper Probe Droid 14

Viper Probe Droid 15

Viper Probe Droid 16

Viper Probe Droid 17

Viper Probe Droid 18

Viper Probe Droid 20

Viper Probe Droid 21
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »
Red alert sirens exploded around the planet as swarm of probes entered the system. The defense commander, one of Ramano's best could only chuckle lightly as he ordered the ships around and the destruction ensued. The 2nd most defended system in Rebellion space would not be so easily taken.

Summary:
Moved
Launched Fighters
Attacked

Attack Summary:
CRV One vs Probe Droid in DS-1
2DHTLs = 40
4ICs = 16
2CMs = 4
UCR = 7/10 = 0.7 * 60 = 42pts

CRV Two vs Probe Droid in DS-2
2DHTLs = 40
4ICs = 16
2CMs = 4

CRV Five vs Probe Droid in DS-3
2DHTLs = 40
4ICs = 16
2CMs = 4

CRV Seven vs Probe Droid in DS-4
2DHTLs = 40
4ICs = 16
2CMs = 4

CRV Three vs Probe Droid in C-4
2DHTLs = 40
4ICs = 16
2CMs = 4

CRV Four vs Probe Droid in C-7
2DHTLs = 40
4ICs = 16
2CMs = 4

CRV Six vs Probe Droid in C-10
2DHTLs = 40
4ICs = 16
2CMs = 4

12 Republic Z-95s vs Probe Droid in C-13
24LCs = 24
24CMs = 48
UCR = 5/10 = 0.5 * 72 = 36pts

12 Republic Z-95s vs Probe Droid in C-16
24LCs = 24
24CMs = 48

12 Republic Z-95s vs Probe Droid in C-1
24LCs = 24
24CMs = 48

Total damage to all probes: 36-42pts each (Suggested Status: All destroyed)

CRVs were in B-2, B-3, B-4, B-5, B-6, B-7, B-8, 3 Squad RZ-95s in B-1, and Starfighter Platform in A-4, and anything else is not relevant to the post as you have nothing alive to transmit scans of it. Happy Hunting. =)