Author Topic: Q&A: Developer's Corner 2.0  (Read 49825 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: Q&A: Developer's Corner 2.0
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 11:33:17 AM »
The Imperial/Republic Academy now has 300 Infantry. The Imperial/Republic Factory now has 30 GAVs. Enjoy.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 11:34:48 AM »
Well the imps get the pre-fabricated garrison base, but he does have a point, perhaps the NR could use something around the lines of military bases they can build. Only NR military base is the delta, and you cant defend a planet with those.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
nvm, hale beat me to the punch.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »
GM Announcement
GallPizi is claiming Wayland as his Imperial Remnant Stronghold. Wayland will loose all of its standard features listed under "The Galaxy" thread and will become a normal Stronghold per the rules, but without the bonus ISD-II.

Eidolon is claiming Yavin IV as his New Republic Stronghold. Since Eidolon has already gotten paid, him and Hoppus will be refunding facilities/units and anything else to set up Yavin as if it were a Stronghold from Day 1. If you see anything "tricky" going on, this is why. Yavin will keep its Massassi Temple bonus; but will not gain the bonus MC-90 for PDF.

These moves have been made to simplify the management and organization of our factions.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 09:46:53 AM »
GM Announcement
In order to expand the galaxy and gameplay of our beloved sim, I will be taking submissions for new tech, new systems, or anything "new" you'd like to see added to the game from now until the next Action Day (August 1st). Please send my your submissions via PM.

One system I plan on adding right now is Kamino... and oh yes, there will be clones.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
Q: Shipyards go in orbit or on surface???

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 03:22:33 PM »
I think all new tech submissions should remain either modified ships (like my modified dreadnaught) or fall canon to our timeline. No Dark Lancer interceptors or Black Corsair class Battle Ships that only existed in like 34ABY with the Vong war.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »
Shipyards are space facilities. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Also I agree with Ramano about the tech timeline. Keep things within < 5 ABY post-Endor era. Ideally, what I'd like to see is a favorite class of ship that you really like that didn't make it into the specs but should be, or a faction-specific mod to a current ship, or any kind of ground unit.

In terms of systems to be added, the core worlds are pretty dense so I'd like to see outer rim stuff suggested...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:34:47 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »
<5 ABY... well that knocks the E-wing out  ;)
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 08:11:57 PM »
and the MC-90, and the ESC, and the Tie Avenger, and the Tie Defender... we are talking about stuff to be added smart ass ;)

And personally, I dont think we should expand the uni. The smaller planet list almost assures more player interaction. Makes the planets that are listed all the more valuable. Adds a whole new element of fear to the game. Every planet is valuable and thus will more then likely be targeted by someone at some point. In the past too many sims had such vast galaxy lists you literally could play for years and never have any contact with the rest of the game. I think we should try to avoid that if possible.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:17:09 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
GM Corner: Q&A about Amnesty

Q: Can I build facilities in systems with my faction's Amnesty?
A: YES

Q: What do I need to have in order to build that facility?
A: You need to have some kind of presence to begin the construction. Presence is defined as a related unit that is present in the same system. If you want to build a space facility, then you need a space unit present; if you want to build a ground facility, then you'll need a ground unit present. Once the construction has begun, your units can leave the system.

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 05:30:32 PM »
New Missions added by public demand to clarify the gaps between Conquest/Diplomacy/Expansion. Please follow these to the letter. I will be watching. =)

INVASION (Any Faction)
Mission Requirements: None
1. Take your Fleet to a non-Barren World.
2. Once you move your ship to the C-Ring, the System will be fully alerted to your presence and will send out a galaxy wide information report (x2 hyperspace). You are now free to move about the System and engage neutral units at your leisure. As the "Mission GM" you will now take direct control of the PDF forces and post for them as you would defend your own world.
3. Once combat has begun, refer to the following time-table below for mission results. Players are required to write storyline post in addition to fulfilling the other requirements of each Milestone in order to complete this mission fully.
Milestone #1: Destroy all units that make up the PDF (if any) and deploy your units to the Ground to build a new facility.
Milestone #2: Once a facility has been completed, the system can now be declared under control of your faction. News of this exploit will travel the galaxy at x1 hyperspace.

ACCESSION TREATY (Any Faction)
Purpose: The Accession Treaty is a fast-track version of the Diplomacy Mission that seeks to add a new system to a faction without complex negotiations or arrangements made by a visiting or hosting faction. Diplomats simply will meet with the planetary leaders, engage in minor talks, and then the system will convert to the visiting faction.
Mission Requirements: A "Diplomat" which can be either a Leader, Ambassador, or Jedi Knight
1. Take your Fleet to a Barren or non-Barren World.
2. Once you move your ship to the C-Ring, the System will be fully alerted to your presence and will send out a galaxy wide information report (x2 hyperspace). You are now free to move about the System and engage in diplomatic negotiations at your leisure.
Milestone #1: Bring your Diplomat to the surface and begin negotiations with a storyline.
Milestone #2 [5 Days]: The host system signs a Peace Treaty with your faction and agrees to disarm its planetary defense forces so that your faction can provide protection. All space units and platforms are scrapped by your faction for 25% of their base cost. Storyline required.
Milestone #3 [10 Days]: The host systems signs a full Accession Treat with your faction and becomes a member system. With exception to some planets (check with Hale), all ground units and facilities will be scrapped by your faction for 25% of their base cost. Storyline required.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 04:07:24 PM »
Surrenders can be called by either myself or a Player GM acting as the PDF Commander. While I'd like to not see any surrenders, I understand realistically that they may happen, so this "Mission" per se is the protocol to establish how surrenders happen, and what it takes to transfer the system over to the Invading faction.

SURRENDER
Mission Requirements: A Player Fleet must actively be on an Invasion Mission.
1. Once the Fleet is at a non-Barren World and currently engaged in an Invasion Mission, the following Milestones can be treated as criteria for the either GM Hale or a Player GM (acting as the PDF commander) to properly surrender a system.
Milestone #1: Invading forces must have completely destroyed the Space PDF Fleet.
Milestone #2: Invading forces must have at least x3 the troops of the Ground PDF Army. If not, the Invading Player must battle the PDF and score enough kills until this Milestone can be satisfied.
Milestone #3 [5 Days]: The PDF Commander calls for a cease fire to negotiate terms of surrender. During this time, the Invading player must post a storyline detailing this process in order complete the milestone. Remaining ground units and facilities are scrapped at 25% and awarded to the Invading player. An exceptional storyline award can be received at this Milestone to reduce it to 2 days.
Milestone #4: Build a ground facility on the planet. Once the facility is complete, the system can be transferred to your control.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »
Hey guys, Amnesty did not get updated to take into account the reduced time requirement for Diplomacy/Conquest, so here it is now:

Faction Amnesty (Players of listed faction can travel to and build facilities on this world at their leisure; Diplomacy Milestones are completed in 3 Days instead of 5. Conquest Milestones for an opposing faction take 7 Days instead of 5.)

I know some of us have Diplomacy going on right now at Amnesty systems, so please take those new dates into account and backlog if you need to. Thanks.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
NEW GROUND SPECS

Everybody listen up... this is a huge change. Ground units have been changed. Overall, this is what happened:

1. Infantry now have one single attack rating to use against vehicles, facilities, and Heroes.
2. All GAVs have got double Hit Points.
3. The Stock GAV for everybody is now the Speeder Bike.

The reason for these changes were that previously, one would need a thousand squads just to take down a single AT-AT, which to me seems ridiculous. Now, it'll take hundreds of squads to bring down an AT-AT. Yes, yes... but "what about the Battle of Hoth?" you say. I don't care how strong that AT-AT armor is, if you got 1000 troops firing blaster rifles and lobbing explosives at it, you're going to bring it down eventually!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:58:29 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM