Author Topic: STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC  (Read 76364 times)

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
Re: STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2012, 06:30:12 PM »
Maybe I'll sell my xbox and build a gaming PC... :P

Recommended regardless.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »
Alright, what are people's available times tonight and/or tomorrow night? I'm around tonight, and I'll probably be around later tomorrow night around 12 ET / 9 PT.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2012, 12:28:51 PM »
I'm available pretty much any time the next two days I think. Just text me when you are gonna log on and I will tell you if I can get on or not.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 08:36:39 AM »
Well I've decided I'll be building my own box rather than upgrade the macbook this year -- might take a few months before i put my pennies all together though.

When the time changes our schedules will be closer together too so that would be nice, cause right now id have to wait until 2am to connect with you guys  :o

I'll let you know when I am up and running.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »
Is Saturday a go? I hope nobody has been playing there troopers without the rest of us ;-)
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »
Sorry, I was drunk.

Today's actually the first time I've logged in for almost 2 weeks I think. I find I'm getting bored with it. I'm on Tatooine, lvl 25, after skipping a ridiculous fight for a story mission, and the planet's just bland. Of course, a desert planet will be bland, but in general I've completely lost all excitement.

I think I've reached a point where I either need to join a guild to tap into that sense of community, or just end my brief stint with the game. I guess what dismays me is the lack of impact I feel, even if I were in a community. Sure there are the PvP worlds eventually, but it's more like just static competitions. Players don't really run anything, can't set up much of a culture, and these are things I didn't think would matter to me before.

So now I'm thinking of joining EVE, because even though I've heard it can be wicked hard, the community seems unmatched. You can actually TAKE territory with others, construct a station and defenses, and make it your home. So much of the environment is controlled by the players. A lot of griefing, sure, but it feels more alive to me.

Suppose I'll stick with SWTOR a little longer, but the shine is fading due to tastes I didn't know I had.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2012, 12:30:27 PM »
I'll be around most of the day today. Text me if you are gonna log in.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
I may be on later so I'll shoot you a text. For all my existential despair in my previous post, I've been grinding through Tatooine pretty well this week.

Side note: anyone on Steam? Wondering if there's any other games we have in common. I do a fair amount of strategy gaming, and I'm looking for anyone to laugh at me while I'll attempt to manage my army in Wargame: European Escalation.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »
I'll be on today. Text me if you are playing.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:40 PM »
So, yeah, do not have the patience for the Old Republic thing but just saw some clips from the Star Wars Kinect and want to kill myself. Han Solo prancing around Bespin like some kind of pansy? Leia dancing to a hideous reworked version of Holla Back Girl? Ok, Lucas, just drag me out into the street and shoot me in the face now.

That is all.
Syren

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »
Hey ya'll,

If you aren't already, I suggest "liking" George Takei's page on Facebook. He frequently posts funny Star Wars-related pics and other geek/nerdist humor memes.

This public service announcement was brought to you by The Holo.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »
Anybody playing on Saturday? Text me if you log in.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2012, 07:15:27 PM »
I've officially canceled my subscription to TOR. Sad face. I still have a month left though, but I still have no idea if my schedule's gonna match up again with anyone's. That was really the killer for me; I would've paid if we could've all gotten together regularly.

Figured if I'm going to solo or sporadically join random groups, I could do it F2P, so I'm starting in on LotRO. Almost everything I've read about it says it's the best for soloing and has a good community beyond that.

Also tried out Tribes Ascend (in a F2P mood) -- so much fun. Highly recommended.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2012, 12:40:36 AM »
I'm still in and running strong. The Legacy System is starting to get interesting. X, are you still on?
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2012, 03:00:33 PM »
Re-subbed.

godDAMNit!
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue