Author Topic: STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC  (Read 76431 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 11:14:12 AM »
I got the game for Christmas but had been having intermittent internet outages, just found permanent resolution to problem yesterday and finally got to start playing last nite.

Fucking AWESOME game.  Only got an hour or so in yet, playing as a Jedi Consular, level 3, Kathol Rift (East Coast) server.

If anyone is interested in coordinating, getting a little group together on a server that we can all play and perhaps starting some new characters from ground up etc, sound off here.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
Good idea.  Perhaps a dedicated RP server.
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 10:34:25 PM »
I would be down for that. Can we start the first week of February? I am in between apartments and don't have good enough internet to play at the moment.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 04:35:03 AM »
Whats the general plan for what we're gonna play?  Sith? Jedi? A sith a bounty hunter and an agent?
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 07:54:42 PM »
First week of feb is cool with me, and I vote for dark side.  We should make it a PVP server though for more interesting play and any server is cool with me so long as it's at least usually standard to heavy population.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 10:38:25 PM »
I vote RP/PVP Light Side.  Yeah.. I know.. but I don't really want to make another Sith.  We should all be Troopers.
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 12:26:56 AM »
RP/PVP Light Side Troopers sound fun. I'm up for anything.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 01:22:25 PM »
Im cool with RP/PVP and alrighty with Light Side, would prolly rather be a smuggy or jedi knight though since I haven't tried either of them yet
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 01:45:46 AM »
My concern was that we wouldn't always be playing 'together' unless we're all the same class.  The only one that made sense to me was troopers.  Though, in terms on what we're actually going to be doin In-Game.. it WOULD be nice to have a Jedi tanking for us on Flashpoints and whatnot.  Still.. I'd rather just grab one from the random masses since it looks like there's only three of us so far.
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

GallPizi

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 11:17:18 AM »
Jedi I will be

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
I haven't played in almost 2 weeks. I'm going insane! Can not wait to move into my new place and have the best internet speed I can afford.

Trooper, I will be  ;D
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »
Who's got two thumbs and just bought SWTOR?

[thumb pointing] THIS GUY. [thumb pointing]

So, I'll be joining your little posse, if you'll have me. By my count that puts you at 5, so I can be like a first-alternate for the 4-person dungeon thingies. Any suggestions? I'm down with the Light Side and I'll happily be a trooper -- but do we all have to be the same class? Don't you normally want a little variety? I need to read up on the stuff. I pretty much just bought it because (a) it's Star Wars and (b) I FINALLY "know" people who are playing an mmorpg.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 02:49:41 PM »
Glad to have you aboard!

One thing we need to consider. I haven't played PvP yet, so I might be wrong. If we aren't all the same class, we might not start the game on the same planet. Am I correct, or is PvP different?
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 05:11:42 PM »
Ah yes, I think PvP is the same, we'd probably start on different worlds. How long are you stranded? I've only played about 45 minutes as a consular. It may be worth it to power through to a point where we can all meet up; plus you need 5000 credits to form a guild. Or playing as a trooper works for me, doesn't matter.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 04:15:30 AM »
The Jedi classes start on one planet and the Trooper and Smuggler start on another.  At level 10 we'll all go to the same planet, but we still won't all have the same storyline.  Troopers, I think, are pretty tough, do a lot of damage and have a heal (I think one of the two advanced classes does, anyway).  For groups, yeah, ideally we'd want a tank or a dedicated healer or both, but we'd all be ranged and could run or take cover as needed.  So yeah, Im gonna be a Trooper.  I thought it'd be fun if we were a squad of troops in our little RP/PVP server.
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\