Author Topic: STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC  (Read 76358 times)

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »
Who else is pre-ordering? I'm going to buy a whole new computer just to enjoy this game to the fullest!
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
Re: STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:40:49 PM »
Who else is pre-ordering? I'm going to buy a whole new computer just to enjoy this game to the fullest!

how are the reviews on the game?
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:39:20 PM »
It is going to be epic.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »
Caught the vids on youtube of the testing. Blew my mind. Also, those trailers are beyond incredible. I wish I was good at games like this. I can write the storyline but tend to suck it up at the actual SW games. I've never been any good at it and it's a damn shame. This one though, shit. This puts everything else I've ever seen to shame. Diggin on the Imperial Agent and the fact that you get companions with a heavy focus on the character storyline. I'm in awe.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 09:48:36 PM »
Its the MMO version of KotOR. From what I got combat vs NPC will be nearly identical, and if your any good at character building for an RPG it will be a piece of cake to play. I look forward to pwning some hard face on that. MMO is my kung-fu, and it is strong.

Dravin

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 03:53:44 PM »

It looks to be pretty fantastic. I haven't gotten into beta, but I've been following the game enough and know enough people in it - to know that it'll be a mix of KOTOR 1, and the Mass Effect type of conversation that'll slap the crap out of you. Throw in the KOTOR type of crew management (they do quests or missions or craft for you), and of course lightsabers, force powers and blasters ahoy. ;)

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 07:54:20 PM »
Mmm, yes.  It does look pretty.  However, its still not what I want out of a Star Wars game. I want epic fleet battles!  I want me and fifteen other Imps to command our Star Destroyers as we beat the living snot out of some rag-tag rebel fleet.  ::sigh:: Galaxies looked like it was eventually heading that direction.. unfortunately.. the rest of the game was barely playable from what I understand.  One day Lucas will get his head out of his ass and stop fucking up Star Wars.  I hope. 
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
Just pre-ordered my collectors addition!
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »
X, I dont think we have the programming technology to build the MMO you want. You want, what it sounds like, is EaW in MMO format, which, honestly sounds like a facebook clicky to me but eh, I get a good idea of what your talking about. I just dont see how it would be done unless your using a ship as your character and its crew are just NPCs. -shrugs- I wouldnt mind giving that a go though =)

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 01:38:44 AM »
ACTUALLY, X, there is talk of eventually introducing capital class ships that could be purchased by Guilds as a sort of base of operations in space combat missions. Not sure on the details, it is just rumor by the developers.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 02:27:47 AM »
"base of operations in space combat missions" sounds too much like the capital ships in Battlefront, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

NPC crew is exactly what I want.  You'll have your main character who is the captain of whatever ship you've managed to get and all your little minions.  I want Eve crossed with Galaxies. 
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 03:50:46 AM »
Is anybody playing? I am currently playing on the "Space Slug" server if anyone wants to link up.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Empier4552

• SWSF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 09:51:01 AM »
Downloading it now...Been on vacation. Hopefully I can hop in quick. Any tips/

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »
No tips, just enjoy :-)

I currently have a level 21 Twi'lek Smuggler. I'm into the Gunslinger advanced class.
I also have a human jedi on another server, but haven't played it much because of time constraints.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 01:24:10 AM »
On a whim I grabbed the game shortly after launch.  Yeah, its totally badass n stuff.  I've got a Sith on The Defenestrator and a Jedi on The Courageous that I don't play cause I only really made him when I couldn't advance my sith any further without a team...
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\