Author Topic: Q&A: Developer's Corner  (Read 87500 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Q&A: Developer's Corner
« on: March 02, 2011, 11:45:37 AM »
Use this thread to ask either myself (Hale) or Hoppus any questions you have regarding the rules, or when any clarification is needed about something.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:30:31 PM by Lucidius Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Q&A: Developer's Corner
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »
When/Where can we post our crushing defeat and escape from Hoth/Triumphant Victory and Stomping of the nest of the Rebel insects intro SLs?  ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:52:40 AM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 11:02:27 AM »
Where can I find these awesome calculators that make the math so quick and easy?

A link perhaps?
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 11:22:28 AM »
Where can I find these awesome calculators that make the math so quick and easy?

A link perhaps?

You can only see the options on the ASHES OF THE ALLIANCE board.

#1 Go to the ASHES OF THE ALLIANCE board.
#2 Go to NEW TOPIC
#3 Below where you type the post, you will see expandable options for the three calculators.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:22:52 AM »
When/Where can we post our crushing defeat and escape from Hoth/Triumphant Victory and Stomping of the nest of the Rebel insects intro SLs?  ;D

Threads will be created on the ASHES OF THE ALLIANCE board shortly.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:43:11 PM »
Some quick notes on starting conditions, to clarify any initial confusion:

1. Both faction players get 2000 KCs and are restricted to 'purchasing' their own Level 1 technology. Leftover money is pocketed.

2. Imperial players pick their worlds first (publicly) and an Imperial Sector Palace will be setup instantly, in addition to a FREE Golan Space Defense Platform.

3. Rebel players pick their worlds next (privately) and their Facility Transport will be converted into a Rebel Operations Base, istantly; the bonus X-Wing squad received is stationed immediately at that Rebel Ops Base.  (Honestly, the Facility Transport and X-Wing Squad aren't really significant and don't count as 'property' - they merely exist as part of the prologue to the game).

4. Both players get 100 KCs of bonus money on the first Action Day, which will retroactively be yesterday (the 15th, in accordance with the rules), so that money is added to the player's account immediately upon starting the game.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:13:46 PM by Lucidius Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 03:55:36 PM »
Hey I'm looking at putting together my starting fleet within the initial 2,000 KC and 20 CP limit and Level 1 command abilities and have a couple questions or thoughts related to that. . .

the 2 capship of one class per fleet limit, can that perhaps be amended with regards to smaller capital ships such as Corvettes and Gunships and ATs and the like?  Perhaps no limit to ships under 200m ?

This way one could have a genuinely full rag tag fleet if they wanted of ATIG, ITs and CRVs if they wanted.  It's also difficult to fill up 20 CP or use up much starting money within the regular 2 ships per class limitation.

Also I can pretty much guesstimate but wondering can we get the Neutral ships added in to the Player Command Level limit charts so we can use them like Marauders and the like? =D

Also, when recruiting units do they come with onboard craft and units and are those counted towards the CP of that single overall unit, or are they counted as CP of their own?  As in if I had an RAF with 2 squads, is it just the overall RAF CP cost for the whole group, or the RAF and the 2 squads and any troops it'd have separately?  This query goes for bases and all that etc.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:57:13 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 09:59:25 PM »
Q1: Can the Battlefleet Command Limitations be amended for smaller ships?
A1: YES. Level 1 Tech... and LEVEL 1 TECH ONLY can break the 2-ship/class restriction. The intent of this rule was to prevent higher-level spamming (mass NEBs, etc), so you brought up a good objection. I see no reason to amend the rules accordingly.

Q2: Can neutral ships be added to player command limits?
A2: Neutral ships are available for purchase at any time. If you want one, you have to go and get it directly from a BLACK MARKET SHIPYARD (or VENDOR, for the Rebs). Level restrictions will be added to the specs immediately.

Q3: Do onboard units come with purchased units?
Q4: Do they count against the overall CP value?

A3: YES. 
A4: NO. Onboard units were asessed for gross cost and CP value of all units, so an ISD's (or any ship's) CP value is inclusive of its onboard units.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 11:01:43 PM »
gracias for clarification!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »
Please note:

- No more than 3 Fighter Squads (without mother ship) may be in a fleet, period.
- No more than 6 capital ships may be in a fleet.
- Up to 5 MTs/YT1300s COMBINED can be in any fleet, and do not count towards the cap ship limit.
- There are NO reserves outside of your Reserve Defense Fleet (no stockpiling fighters or ships you don't have space for).

As an example, you could not do this for your main 20 CP fleet:

- 10 CRVs
- 10 X/W

Porblems: Too many capital ships (10), too many fighter squads without motherships (10, only 3 allowed).

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 10:37:46 PM »
For our starting 2000kc spending money can we use it to purchase fully functioning facilities such as a rebel shipyard or training facility and have them from the beginning or must we pocket the money and begin construction at start point?

Which leads me to another question, what is the status of "start up" I mean are we counting time yet or waiting for the class to fall in and then a point of actionable beginning?
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 08:56:55 AM »
Q5: Must Rebels "start from scratch" with construction of their facilities?
A5: YES. Sometimes it pays to be the bad guys. Rebs have to start from square one to give the game a more canon feel. RA has a slower start but higher power potential towards late stages of gameplay (when peepz are Level 4~5 everything).

Q6: When is the game going to officially "officially" begin?
A6: It has been 7 days since the launch, and I think people are still packing their bags, so the following Compromise Decree is in effect: "Official gameplay" will begin on April 1st (an Action Day), that is, players can move around and attack each other at will. The time from NOW until THEN is considered BONUS time which players can use to begin constructions, travel offworld to hire NPC units, or do anything else, so long as it is non-agressive towards another player character.

Q7: Do you NEED a Leader unit to build a Cell/Depot?
A7: NOT EXACTLY. While Cells/Depots can be built on the same world with an Ops Base/Palace without restrictions, any offworld Cells/Depots must be "planted" by Leader units OR your Player Character.

Q8: Will Player Characters have to abide by the same "mission requirements" in Expansion/Resistance missions as Leader units do?
A8: YES. Player Characters must construct the Cell/Depot (at purchasing cost), and must have PRESENCE on that world (either through another Hero unit or by leaving a contingent of starships behind) to see the construction through.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:12:34 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
A6: It has been 7 days since the launch, and I think people are still packing their bags, so the following Compromise Decree is in effect: "Official gameplay" will begin on April 1st (an Action Day), that is, players can move around and attack each other at will. The time from NOW until THEN is considered BONUS time which players can use to begin constructions, travel offworld to hire NPC units, or do anything else, so long as it is non-agressive towards another player character.

AWESOME.  How are we logging expenditures and construction progress etc then?  Should we vaguely post some inkling info in a system location thread, or log everything in an economic thread potentially private log and turn in to GMs in PM form, potentially discoverable with recon etc??
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 06:05:38 PM »
How are we logging expenditures and construction progress etc then?  Should we vaguely post some inkling info in a system location thread, or log everything in an economic thread potentially private log and turn in to GMs in PM form, potentially discoverable with recon etc??

See PLAYER'S HANDBOOK > Managing Your Operations.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 02:14:45 AM »
can't you cut n paste it here?

jk  :)
~J
SWSF 'til Death