Author Topic: Q&A: Developer's Corner  (Read 87396 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: Q&A: Developer's Corner
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2011, 05:57:06 PM »
Yes, I understand that. What I was asking is could I say post at 7am... then post again at 7pm. Thats a full 12hrs in between, more then enough for people to see and respond.

Or did I miss what you were saying all together?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2011, 11:27:56 PM »
Nah. Here's an example of how it would look:

Monday: Post at 7AM. You're done for the day.
Tuesday: Post at 10PM. You're done for the day.
Wednesday: Post at 1AM. WRONG. You need to wait at least 12 hours from your previous post in order to post again, which would be 10AM.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2011, 06:37:15 AM »
Gotcha.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2011, 08:43:07 AM »
Quick thing then, for battle posts, Could we possibly do it, 1 per day min 12hrs between OR until the target responds? 1 post per day battles is gunna take forever man. I mean, if we got 2 of us here in battle, and both of us want to post, do we seriously have to wait?

I promise not to argue it either way, just asking.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »
Trust me, you'll be wanting 1 post per 24 hours when we do battle. During the pre-launch mocks Greg and I ran, most battles were decided in 2~3 days... so for battles I wouldn't worry about speed at all. I mean, a STRK can dish out 172 damage + 42 systems to a CORV in one shot. One more shot and it's knocked out. A third shot and it'll blow.

So, a typical battle may start like this:
1. Rebel Fleet Alpha exit hyperspace in Ralltiir's deep space (posted on the HYPERSPACE thread). If the planet has a Level 5 ComScan, then the defending player will post "Level 5 ComScan active, please post unit locations at Ralltiir" (or something to that extent), if not, then proceed to step 2.
2. As soon as RFA moves into high orbit (C-ring), the planet automatically becomes aware of their presence and a General Distress Signal is sent out (x2 hyperspace) via civilian channels (if you have even a Lvl1 ComScan, then a faster distress signal can be sent, but this is not automatic so the player will have to post that one). For a GDS at x2 hyperspeed, the message will take 14 hours to reach Chandrila.
3. RFA can assume to have at least 28 hours of unimpeded combat action (14 hours for the distress call to be received + another 14 for a response fleet to show up).  The further away the planet, the more time obviously, but you get the idea. Basically after moving into the C-ring, you'd get at least one post (under this scenario) to do whatever damage you can before the hammer drops.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2011, 12:59:25 PM »
Ill take your word for it. But... I do reserve the right to bring it back up briefly later if I find things are working out otherwise though. =)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »
I got a question, can we have more then 1 building on a planet? Example, could I have like 2 RASOBs or multipul shipyards?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2011, 10:53:35 PM »
can we have more than 1 building on a planet? Example, could I have like 2 RASOBs or multipul shipyards?

From the rules:
Facilities and Defense Limits
No more than two facilities can exist in any grid space. As a result, a world cannot be home to more than 8 facilities at a maximum.

There's no need to have multiple Shipyards, as in GCW there is unlimited production capability for all manufacturing facilities. And while you can build multiple ground facilities on your world (up to 8), the choice is yours as to which ones. RASOBs aren't cheap.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2011, 07:01:51 AM »
There is a need for multipul structures though, VP/KC Generation. In a game where we are all equal, the one who can pinch pennies the best has the advantage. =)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »
Per the rules:
(note: Rebel Leaders must be in the [RASOB] for at least 15 days in order to collect the additional income on any given Action Day)

Thus you don't get the +10 VPs from April 1st. But you do for April 15th. Please delete your post on the Scoreboard! Let's keep it clean.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »
Oh I was under the impression we all got everything we had on the first AD. My bad.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2011, 03:29:55 PM »
Q: What kind of stock units do our capital ships come equipped with?
A: Up to Level 3 for your faction. If you want any higher level units, you'll have to purchase them seperately and restock accordingly.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »
Awesome

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2011, 11:14:43 AM »
Funny I'm asking this, but I don't remember... are all facilities besides the Imperial main bases "hidden"? Are Imperial Fleet Depots common knowledge for example?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »
Funny I'm asking this, but I don't remember... are all facilities besides the Imperial main bases "hidden"? Are Imperial Fleet Depots common knowledge for example?

Only a Level 4/5 RASOB is capable of "HIDING" other facilities (invisible to Passive Scans). But otherwise, locations of Imperial units are common knowledge, but exact specifics (as in what grid space they're located at) is NOT.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM