Author Topic: Q&A: Developer's Corner  (Read 87276 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: Q&A: Developer's Corner
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2011, 12:21:18 AM »
ok

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 09:01:29 AM »
So something else I noticed, how does scanning work if you dont have a rebel infiltrator? Or do us rebels just forever have to attack blind?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »
So something else I noticed, how does scanning work if you dont have a rebel infiltrator? Or do us rebels just forever have to attack blind?

From vol III.6 of the rules:
SURVEILLANCE ~ Available to: Recon Y-Wings, Probe Droids, Star Destroyers, Nebulon-B Frigates, Charger-class Consular Cruisers, Mon Calamari Cruisers, Lambda-class Shuttles, and all Neutral Auxiliary Craft. Surveillance can be of several sub-types, which include:
1. PASSIVE SCANNING (performed from a DEEP SPACE ZONE) can obtain quantities and classifications of all spaceborne units in system. (i.e. 3 CORVs)
2. ACTIVE SCANNING (performed from C-Ring) will reveal the presence of the unit doing the scanning, but this will obtain locations and types of all spaceborne units. (i.e. 2 CORVs in A-1, 1 CORV in A-3)
3. SURFACE SCANNING (performed by Probe Droids only from surface) is an ACTIVE SCAN of a planet's surface, which will reveal the Probe Droid but obtain quantities and locations of all surface units. (i.e. 1 Facility in G-1, 2 Facilities in G-3). Surface Scanning does not reveal HIDDEN facilities, nor does it reveal facility types.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 12:19:40 PM »
Yes #3 is what I mean, rebs dont get probe droids so how do we get a look at the ground?

And now that I re-read it, for a passive scan, does that reveal the unit scanning? For example, I exit a YT-1300 at the deepspace corner of chandrilla and initiate a passive scan, would you IC know I was doing it and where the YT-1300 was?

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2011, 02:42:19 PM »
Q12: How do you upgrade your facilities, and how does the upgrade cost work?
A12: The upgrade cost is listed in the specs. Each level is cumulative. For example, to upgrade an Imperial Sector Palace to Level 2, it costs 75 KCs; Level 3, 150 KCs; Level 4, 225 KCs; Level 5, 300 KCs.

Does this take any time, or is it just pay it and boom its upgraded?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2011, 02:58:08 PM »
The only way Rebels can "officially" do ground scans is by using an Infiltrator for a RECON mission.

You can also plant a Rebel Cell Base on an Imperial world and upgrade it, given you constant ground RECON of that world. The only way an Imp player could technically know it's there is by RECONing his own world with an Operative, since Cell Bases are HIDDEN.

Here's a VERY helpful hint: Smugglers can be used to TRANSPORT (see Missions) units to any world UNDETECTED. Use a Smuggler to Transport your Rebel Leader unit to an Imperial world and have the Rebel Leader unit perform a RESISTANCE mission. This entire operation is kinda costly, and not to mention risky as hell (considering the Imp player could discover you by performing a RECON mission on his own world)... but the gains would be phenomenal... as with a Level 3 Cell Base you could train Guerillas on-world before you even begin your invasion.

Sounds like fun now, doesn't it.

-------------------------------
As for your other question:

Upgrading facilities was something that should have been included in the rules, but apparently I overlooked that. I apologize. Facility upgrades take 15 days. I'll update the FAQ.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:00:33 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
Awesome, and that was very helpful on the subject I thank you, but you never answered my question. Does an aux craft in deep space doing a passive scan give away its location?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
Passively scanning units are invisible.

Scans are something we're still trying to figure out because Greg and I were hoping a neutral non-player GM would've been willing to step up and help out in that category.

Ideally, it would work like this:
1. The GM has records of everybody's worlds (from the Action Day reports players send him).
2. When a unit is sent to scan a world, the scanning player sends the GM a PM detailing what type of unit, location, and what type of scan.
3. The GM would then send the player the scan results based on the files he/she has.

This allows Rebel players to enter a system's Deep Space and passively scan without the Imperial player suspecting anything (unless of course that world has a Level 5 ComScan Outpost, which reveals deep space).

This will be an issue so long as we don't have a GM, as a lot of game mechanics (to preserve the fog of war) hinge on having a "middle man" component.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2011, 04:18:17 PM »
Ok I have a hypothetical question as I dont have a smuggler, but I was looking through and wondered anyway. Say I own a smuggler, and im transporting bacta to Coruscant, which for all intents and purposes I cant see why it would be an illegal run, but in such a situation could I use a transport fleet? Say multipul ships on a transport run to increase capacity?

For example, I own a smuggler, I happen to have 2 A-IV Transports in my RDF... could I use them ALL with my smuggler for a big cargo transportation to Rendezvous Point or Coruscant?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2011, 11:05:32 PM »
1 smuggler, 1 ship.

RDF cannot be used for smuggling missions. RDF must stay put. It's not an auxiliary fleet, it's a reserve defense fleet.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't hire a Smuggler and then loan him use of a GR-75, or AVIT though instead of the default YT-1300. Any other ship I'd be skeptical (i.e. a DREAD doing smuggling is definitely a NO).
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2011, 01:13:44 PM »
So, how does hiring a smuggler work? I mean obviously I need an SL, but im more looking into what am I supposed to do? As an example, say I wanted to hire a smuggler at Nar Shaddah to make me some extra creds this AP, how do I go about doing that?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »
Take your character to Nar Shaddaa. SL hiring a smuggler (rates are in the rules). Ideally this is where a GM figure would SL for the Smuggler, to spice things up, but you can go ahead and SL for your smuggler and bring him on your team.  I hope that answered your question though.

Recheck the rules; if you see something that isn't implicit that you need to know, then ask again. ;)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »
Oh I saw the rules, I was just unsure of how to go about it. Just saying make an SL doesnt really say much hehe. I was just curious as to if you control the smugger, I control him, and can I keep him afterwards, which you answered. Thank you much!

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2011, 12:36:24 AM »
Expenditures & Constructions
Upgrade Imperial Shipyard to Level 2: -50 KCs, DUE: 25 APR
Upgrade Imperial Academy to Level 2: -50 KCs, DUE: 25 APR

Not trying to start a problem, I was just under the impression that upgrade cost was Cost * Level = Upgrade cost. So shouldnt those cost you 100KCs each? Just wondering if maybe I misunderstood cause if so I got a bunch of money I should still have. I thought we had this in discussions before, if im wrong please let me know so I can update my constructions. Thanks.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2011, 11:25:14 AM »
Not trying to start a problem, I was just under the impression that upgrade cost was Cost * Level = Upgrade cost. So shouldnt those cost you 100KCs each? Just wondering if maybe I misunderstood cause if so I got a bunch of money I should still have. I thought we had this in discussions before, if im wrong please let me know so I can update my constructions. Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken this was already addressed before? The FAQs cover it. But here's the facts: once a facility is built, it is already Level 1 (base level). Upgrading begins with Level 2 for everything, and upgrade cost is cumulative. So, an Imperial Fleet Depot would be Lvl 2 50 KCs, Level 3 100 KCs, Level 4 150 KCs, Level 5 200 KCs.

Adjust your bank accounts accordingly.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM