Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793652 times)

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1500 on: November 14, 2012, 11:14:39 PM »
I agree with a surprising number of points there... with some small adjustments.

Nukes: Look up the cost of decommissioning a bomb. Better off putting them in storage... or using them.

Immigration: Close border first, amen brother! As for deportation, I'm all about flying them home... and releasing them at 30,000 ft.

Middle East: Agreed. Every middle-eastern person I have known said we should not bother with that part of the world and that it can not be helped. Bias alert, they were all Christians who had to flee their homes. Hey, we can combine the Middle East problem and the overstock Nuke problem and solve both! Turn the desert into glass.

Womens Rights: You want an abortion? I don't care, as long as I'm not paying for it. Buy your own abortion, or keep your legs closed.

Health Care: Problem I have with nationalized health care is there are no incentives for being healthy. Why should I pay the same as someone who smokes, drinks, and doesn't work out? I spend a lot of time and money to look and feel this good.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1501 on: November 14, 2012, 11:17:17 PM »
Oh Liberals oppress other groups without even realizing it.
upper class white christians?

Who do you think created the ghettos.
Every ghetto used to be full of white people from some place or another in Europe, where I'm from in Detroit it's Poland, Hungary, German, Czech, Irish mostly (though now a days permeating with Bulkaners i.e. Albanians, Serbs, Macs in some of the suburbs.)  I can't speak f or other cities like Cleveland, or Pitt or Baltimore or DC or NY or any place else with housing projects [low income/containment] or evolved ghettos, but Detroit was awesome city until the 67 riots and such and preceding/precipitated common social practices.  The Great White Flight.  It's like any place on the planet with conflicting groups of people for whatever reason, the animal instinct or political nature of which I will not get in to, I harbor no racism towards an individual but factual speaking when the black population consumed detroit, detroit went to shit.  All the auto plants are in the suburbs these days anyways and have been for decades, Detroit is a shell, the surrounding suburbs are the intrastructure.  Anyways long answer but it's no conspiracy it's a practice of human habit, ghettos happened forever.  Some pyramid building slave prolly hailed from one.  It's a weird system the whole cycle has degenerated to, and it's a cultural problem definitely.

Blacks and hispanics are frogs in a pot of water that is being slowly heated and they won't know it until it has boiled and is too late. Democrats jingle shiny things at them and convince them the other side is against them, all the while laughing their way into every nook and cranny of their lives.
Democrats Pander towards all Minority groups yes but it's because there is a stark contrast in the difference of policies between the Democrats and the Republicans.  All Lobby groups themselves related to these groups of people say Appointments are the prime concern and focus, they want power and they want say because they love their families and home the same as most anyone.  Same as anybody.  Dems appoint more Latinos to pertinent positions, and consistently patronize the Latino population and all of it's concerns, some fulfilled some, tip toed around.  When Reps platform and ideology more represents what your average latino america cares about and effectively shows and communicates that, they'll vote that way.

Needless to say I'm not happy with state of America politics, on bare ideology, I'm much closer personally to what the Democrats represent than the Republicans.  I'm an Atheist (family catholic), 30 white male, anti-zionist, pacifist that believes in state execution of individuals who violate the basic rule of existence, harm none.  I'd vote for Ron Paul if it were ever a possibility but only because I think it'd be insanity, maybe not right away, but by year 3, definitely.

In a good year I earn 50K minus like what 28-31 percent total taxation?? *gag* though so it's funny how capitalism plays towards the core greed and corrupts a persons ACTUAL thoughts =)  I just chew my lunch and nod my head and kick the shit out projects sent my way.  I'm content as a rat confined at the moment, but non existant god help the world should I ever realize my full potential!!!!!

=)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:23:04 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1502 on: November 14, 2012, 11:23:27 PM »
Immigration: Close border first, amen brother! As for deportation, I'm all about flying them home... and releasing them at 30,000 ft.

While I find this a wholly hilerious and possibly workable solution, if anyone of those 10's of thousands of bodies damaged something it could technically be considered an aerial attack, prompting a military response, lmao.

Edit: Not to mention its littering. And littering is against the law!

Edit Edit: And the cost of decommissioning one of those Nukes is still cheaper then the upkeep on them for the next indefinite period of time. Storage regardless of cost savings should not even be considered. What happens if someone were to actually gain access to that facility or worse, one of them some how detonated?! My god. I could only hope to be about 800 miles away watching with a welders helmet.

Edit Edit Edit: And just cause I have too much free time and I like math, running some quick numbers. Scientists say we would need about 700 warheads to totally destroy life as we know it on this planet. I would keep about 50% more then that, just in case some misfired or missed their targets. So 1050 warheads total. We currently have 4320 warheads meaning 3280 warheads, with an average yield of 600Kt. (Just for some comparison, Hiroshima was 13.5Kt) If all placed in a single location and detonated together, the blast radius would be roughly 690 miles in diameter. (A little more comparison, the Chixalub meteor impact, the one that killed the dinosaurs, only had an impact radius of 450 miles in diameter.) So yeah, we are talking an explosion more powerful then the meteor that killed the dinosaurs. Sure you still want to go with the storage idea?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:34:05 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1503 on: November 14, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »
who are the europeans to say, "all right look guys, we pushed the redman out of the way but if you think we're just going to let you guys flood the market with your mostly cheap affordable labor and family oriented values at the cost of accepting your ingrained gang problem, which in no way or where compare to the previous widespread gang problems of the Irish, Latino, Jewish, Polish and Albanian migrants. . ."  ??

why can't anyone who wants to come to America?  That's what Zionists said the Jewish people were allowed to do with Palestine.  Here we won't even make you leave the good spots to make more room!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:36:45 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1504 on: November 14, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
Our problems with the Muslims stems from our meddling as usual.  Their internal problems are to be expected, Christians were killing and burning each other alive four hundred years ago.  Islam is 600 or so yrs younger than Christianity, so they've got 200yrs to go before we can judge them in an even comparison.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1505 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:02 PM »
While in theory I do agree with you Eid, the problem is, the only people that want to come to america are uneducated, no job skills, unemployable, welfare cases. Lets face it, if you have an education and a little bit of money, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO COME TO AMERICA!? Jesus, with just what meager skills I have I could live like a king in just about any other nation on earth...

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1506 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:59 PM »
While in theory I do agree with you Eid, the problem is, the only people that want to come to america are uneducated, no job skills, unemployable, welfare cases. Lets face it, if you have an education and a little bit of money, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO COME TO AMERICA!? Jesus, with just what meager skills I have I could live like a king in just about any other nation on earth...

if all the decent places to live stopped eventually becoming ghettos, why the fuck would decent people build new suburbs, new cities, new places to live, figure out how to get to space, etc, to keep the damn economy going? They'd have these awesome places to live that stayed that way forever!   Cycles man.  Of course the government wants people to have money even if they can't get it on their own, consume consume consume consume consume consume.  This is what we do.  It's a people thang!  :D

but the reality is a self aware host can make a decent living if so applied, for the short duration of this whacky ride ;p
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:41:06 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1507 on: November 14, 2012, 11:40:22 PM »
Our problems with the Muslims stems from our meddling as usual.� Their internal problems are to be expected, Christians were killing and burning each other alive four hundred years ago.� Islam is 600 or so yrs younger than Christianity, so they've got 200yrs to go before we can judge them in an even comparison.

Say wha?! Uhh... no, last I knew christianity was the youngest socially accepted religion on earth. (Yes scientology is younger, but does anyone really take those nuts seriously?) But yeah, umm the Muslim religion was being celebrated by the ancient babylonians dude, about 10,000yrs older then christ. In fact, christianity is nothing more then a conglomeration of about 4 religions that came before it. How do you think Jesus became a jewish carpenter, that was muslim influence. He is the christian incarnation of mohammad.

Edit: Personally, I feel Christianity was the only religion on earth that was NOT influenced by aliens that enslaved the various races on earth. Thus why it has such a supernatural spin to it while the rest are more rooted in realism. Well all except for hindu-ism. They believe an elephant carrying a basket or some crazy shit created the earth.

Edit Edit: The term realism is being used very loosly here, lol.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:50:47 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1508 on: November 14, 2012, 11:53:09 PM »
Say wha?! Uhh... no, last I knew christianity was the youngest socially accepted religion on earth. (Yes scientology is younger, but does anyone really take those nuts seriously?) But yeah, umm the Muslim religion was being celebrated by the ancient babylonians dude, about 10,000yrs older then christ. In fact, christianity is nothing more then a conglomeration of about 4 religions that came before it. How do you think Jesus became a jewish carpenter, that was muslim influence. He is the christian incarnation of mohammad.

Mohammad lived from 570 to 632AD.  That's after the Death of Jesus.  Also heralded as a prophet in a long lineage of prophets dating back to Abraham.  Islam was an extension of the monotheistic branch gripping arabia, christianity spread the other way, Armenia, Rumelia, the Eastern Roman Empire's lands, to Constantine and voila.  Jesus is remarked as being the son of god because he was sold to Romans, who were already used to Gods and Mortals fornicating in their religious tales.  I believe in the anthropology of it.  Either that or I'll burn in hell =)

Big basket!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:55:20 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1509 on: November 14, 2012, 11:54:37 PM »
The irony is that Judaism is older than Islam... and in a way fathered it. Yet another example of the child rebelling against the parent ;-)
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1510 on: November 15, 2012, 12:02:44 AM »
I believe from around 25,000BC until about 5,800BC aliens enslaved and elevated man-kind from animals into actual sentient beings. Then for some reason, something happened that caused them to leave. Either the people rebelled and the aliens were forced to destroy the earth, or some massive extinction level natural disaster happened, what ever the case may be if you look, there is a history void between 5,800BC and about 3,500BC, and in 3,500BC it was like a reset button was pressed on the human race. We went from the egyptians and the mayans and the magnificent structures they created back to cavemen again. How do you explain that? How does the human race just disappear for 2,200yrs? Even a meteor isnt capable of that if it still left enough population to recover. And there is no extinction event in the sedimentary history for that era. Its like something systematically exterminated 99.9% of the human race and only the human race.

Edit: And it could not have been a virus, the egyptians and mayans are on opposite sides of the earth and had absolutely no contact between each other. No virus could have hit both of them naturally.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:04:28 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1511 on: November 15, 2012, 12:03:53 AM »
The irony is that Judaism is older than Islam... and in a way fathered it. Yet another example of the child rebelling against the parent ;-)

If my mom tried moving back in my house dude i'd meet her at the drive way with a plane ticket SOMEPLACE.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1512 on: November 15, 2012, 12:09:42 AM »
Is it younger? I always though Islam came first. I mean the crusades were in 600AD, and Islam was already well entrenched over there by then, so it cant be THAT much older.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1513 on: November 15, 2012, 12:21:26 AM »
Wait.. is this the SWSF or the weird zone of YouTube...? I coulda swore...

Abraham --> Judaism --> Christianity --> Islam

What Jews believe: follow God's Law and try the best you can by making offerings that show signs of their faith. They don't perform animal sacrifice anymore because animal sacrifices are only authorized in the Temple of Jerusalem, which was destroyed by the Romans. Subsequently the Muslims built their own temple where the original Temple stood. The Zionists want to rebuild the Temple so they can reinstitute animal sacrifice and restore the Old Testament covenant. Jews categorically reject Christ because Christ did not meet their requirements of a Messiah (somebody who would rise up against the prevailing powers and take over the world geopolitically).

What Christians believe: Christ fulfilled the Old Testament covenant by being a sacrifice for all of humanity, past, present, and future. His teachings during his life, his death and subsequent resurrection all point to his divine nature. Christians are under the New Covenant of "saved by grace through faith". The credibility of the Christian church is this: if Jesus never resurrected, then Christianity would've never gone anywhere.

What Muslims believe: "There is only one God, and Mohammed is His prophet." Mohammed is the last and final prophet in a long line of prophets that began with Abraham, included Moses and Jesus, and ended with Mohammed. The means of obtaining salvation in Islam is to "submit to the will of God" by practicing good deeds, so that if you're 51% Good at the end of life, you win. Doing big things like strapping TNT to your chest gets you bonus points. Muslims reject Christ because they believe he was just a man, that his crucifixion was an illusion (because God would never harm a prophet), and that his teachings are not the final word (whereas Mohammed's is).

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:46:12 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1514 on: November 15, 2012, 12:26:29 AM »
Judaism is much older than Islam. I think it is between 500 and 1,000 years older than what we recognize as Islam.
(\/)ighty RE