Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793691 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1260 on: October 18, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
Lmao, well for the record I been cheating then I guess, as I moved on my exit post at both Bespin and Thyferra. Fixing my post now.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1261 on: October 18, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »
I apologize for making contradictions between my interpretation of the rules and the actual rules. I'm trying my best right now to make a good judgement call based on the rules that are written right now.

What bugs me about all of this is the "meta-game" aspect that's going on right now, which is using OOC knowledge to make IC decisions. I know that cannot be avoided, and is justifiable to some extent (if we assumed IC spy networks, informants, double agents, etc.) - but BIG decisions are being made without any way to have possibly known how far along Dementat was in his Diplomacy mission - and so to try and time a perfect attack in the middle of a PDF swop-out is a little precarious.

So far, Dementat has followed the rules of the Diplomacy mission precisely. He did the required actions of Milestone 3, which was to build a Fleet Depot and replace the Space PDF, and he did so PRIOR to knowing about any Rebel invasion because he began construction of those two VSD-IIs on October 1st!

To void the 2 VSD-IIs would be to void the very mission itself. He's using a Shipyard at Kuat to build everything, so the VSDs completed construction on October 6th, and it takes 3+ days for them to get from Kuat to Eriadu, so essentially they could have been there on October 10th but he was still in the middle of Milestone 2 at that time. Not only were those VSD-IIs ready to go, but they departed as soon as they could to complete the Space PDF replacement action of Milestone 3 immediately.

There will be no ruling against those VSD-IIs. Eriadu's Space PDF has been replaced. Personally I'd prefer taking on two VSD-IIs instead of an Omega, Golan, and Sigma... so if that is the situation you preferred, please do not ask me to make a ruling when from my point of view the only thing that has happened for the Rebels and Republic is REALLY BAD TIMING.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:22:31 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1262 on: October 18, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »
Actually, I would have known, lest you forget my spy network post I made when he first exited HS in the system. I knew exactly when he got there, and exactly how long things should take as I have done diplomacy missions myself.

And come on now, it doesnt matter about how fast he was able to do something, what matters is the posts. His ships didnt post entering HS until they were able to on the 16th, and thus would still not be here until tomorrow. Unless your saying that I should be able to pre-post sending stuff into places I dont have ready to send there yet? And that is exactly what you just said. His VSDs should count because he had to wait to send them due to mission constraints. Seriously?!

Edit: Anyway it doesnt matter im not trying to FUCKIGN ARGUE ABOUT IT ANYMORE. He's got what hes got and i'll kill it anyway. All of that is still no match for 2 MC-80s so either way its a stupid thing to sit here fighting about. Just do what you gotta do with the rules and lets get this show on the road.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:22:55 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1263 on: October 18, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »
Sometimes in war we don't get the situations we planned for. Shit happens. You can continue your attack or sound the retreat like Ackbar tried to do in Return of the Jedi... so what's it going to be Ramano? ARE YOU GONNA ACKBAR OUT? OR LANDO THE FUCK UP AND ENGAGE THOSE STAR DESTROYERS AT POINT BLANK RANGE?

But seriously.. Dementat if you could clarify as to FROM WHERE those VSD-IIs entered Hyperspace from and WHEN they were DUE TO ARRIVE.. that would be great, because that might change things up a little.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:24:22 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1264 on: October 18, 2012, 10:23:21 AM »
Look to edit above, lol. And im gunna Lando the fuck up motherfucker! Like I said, KING FUCKING KONG AINT GOT SHIT ON ME!

Edit: And dont worry about his dam VSDs, it was an anger post anyway that I deleted.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:27:35 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1265 on: October 18, 2012, 10:24:48 AM »
lol, okay.

Let's play.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1266 on: October 18, 2012, 10:27:47 AM »
Well at least weve have identified some langauge that needed tightening and are moving ahead without a total meltdown...  As for ooc and ic things. Its hard to avoid with everything being posted publically, and everything that happens is common knowledge after 24 hs plus hs time right? So we would know about the diplo anyway... And soon my char will have the same vision as dems dlos :D

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1267 on: October 18, 2012, 10:34:26 AM »
And for the record, my spynet knows everything that happens everywhere in the galaxy as it happens. Think shadow broker from Mass Effect.

Also, no one answered my question from yesterday, can this be counted as a Conquest mission, or does it have to be an invasion mission cause its a player?

Then, because this is going to be a 2 person assault, if it is a conquest mission, which of us gets paid for it, or do we both collect as per the mission milestones?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:37:17 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1268 on: October 18, 2012, 10:36:52 AM »
I'll tweak the Missions accordingly, but here's what I have so far:

Milestone 1 (4 Days): System joins your faction's economic network BUT is still neutral (it will protect itself, not you).
Milestone 2 (8 Days): System joins your faction's political network AND will defend you if you are attacked.
Milestone 3 (12 Days): You replace the Space PDF and build a Fleet Depot/Embassy.
Milestone 4 (16 Days + Remaining Construction Time): All ground facilities are scrapped, build a Sector Facility, and the planet is fully yours (System Features can be used. Planets with Amnesty can allow you to build facilities there and take advantage of their System Features but not the System's industrial output.).

If more than twice the allotted time to complete a Milestone passes by and none of the associated actions have begun or are in progress, then that Milestone fails and the Mission is failed (you must start over).

Is there anything else you guys think needs to be added?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:40:18 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1269 on: October 18, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »
Why do planets with amnesty have listed industrial output in the first place if you cant conquer them?

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1270 on: October 18, 2012, 10:40:28 AM »
Yeah i dont get that at all how does it work if i do diplo at corellia for example. Also the milestone is completed when its been the rit number of days AND the shit has ben built right?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1271 on: October 18, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »
You can conquer them... it just takes extra time from an opposing faction. Whereas if you are trying to take a planet with Republic/Rebel Amnesty and use Diplomacy, you'd get the time reduction bonus. When I took Rothana with Diplomacy that Amnesty Bonus cancelled out my Officer penalty, but I was still able to do it. I was actually planning on Conquering Rothana but decided against it.

Let's say I begin construction of an Imperial Sector Palace on Day 13, the day after Milestone 3. Technically I'd need 3 more days to complete Milestone 4, but with the rollover construction time from the Palace I won't finish the mission until 12 days later.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1272 on: October 18, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
Then it should take you 12 days to complete that milestone in my opinion.

You know, perhaps instead of re-writing rules over this, why not just put certain key buildings related to mission milestones at correct build times to keep up with the mission parameters.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:50:42 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1273 on: October 18, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »
Okay in that case the Milestone Schedule would follow this format:

Milestone 1 [4 days]: Complete SL.
Milestone 2 [8 Days]: Complete SL.
Milestone 3 [+7 Days]: Embassy/Fleet Depot.
Milestone 4 [+15 Days]: Sector Facility.

With 12 days to complete Milestones 1 & 2, and then 22 for the next milestones... perhaps consolidating Milestones 1 & 2 for time constraints would be better for gameplay? I think that is best. With all the other extra time constraints like replacement PDF construction and hyperspace travel.. I think this would help out a lot.

We could do 4 Days for the new Milestone 1 (which would incorporate #2 as well), and if you're the wrong Hero doing a cross-Mission, then you take a +3 Day penalty. Systems with Amnesty give you a -3 Day Bonus, so that pretty much if you're attempting Diplomacy at an Amnesty world you can just show up, shake hands, and break dirt.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1274 on: October 18, 2012, 11:16:15 AM »
I like using the facilities. But why not fewer milestones?

1 . Sl only to get 100kc monthly + you provide replacement pdf fleet.
2. When fleet depot complete the world fights for you as long as fleet deopopt is intact. I it is destroyed planet returns to neutral.
3. When ops base completes you inherit all facilities and bonuses, and they pay you 1000kc which covers the cost of the ops base. You can also now build any facilities you like scrap shit etc.

When. World is at stage 1 only, if an enemy shows up and destroys your pdf fleet, they go back to neutral.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:18:04 AM by GCW Hoppus »