Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794568 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #795 on: July 14, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
Ok, we need to pick a new word other then terrorist for me, im not in blowing up buildings dam it. I blow up whole cities, a terrorist could never achieve such a thing, lmao! Not to mention the word registers in my head as mid-eastern rag head camel jockey motherfucker screaming something about allah before blowing up a school yard. My character has targeted no women and children, get it right! lol.

Edit: And the civilians at Bothawui were a necessary sacrifice dam it! How the hell else are you keeping the imperials thinking there is nothing going on if no one is on the streets, come on! It was broad daylight, the streets had to be filled with people to keep it realistic! Fine, I will say most of em were rich people so they arnt missed! LMAO!!!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:18:28 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #796 on: July 14, 2012, 09:57:24 PM »
I would imagine the GE-IR would be at war - not allied - the GE would not be happy about admirals taking worlds and military resources to start their own thing. In the books the factions warred with each other basically until Thrawn showed up and took the reigns.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #797 on: July 14, 2012, 10:14:39 PM »
This would normally hold true, with the exception that it was brought to so much light that everyone is basically playing their own thing, thus giving them storyline-able justification for unifying all 3 of their fleets and spanking our asses from one side of the galaxy to the other... but yeah I agree with you.

And see, I told you if you just give me time to get a fucking storyline up I wasnt going in trying to exterminate bespin, I was giving myself a tactical edge for negotiations, and the rules dont allow me to do diplomacy at 2 planets at the same time. Remember, people are much more open to negotiation when they feel like their lives are on the line. Whether they are or not is unimportant, its the appearance that counts. The difference between me and the imps, the imps would have really killed everything. The only way I plan on continuing any level of hostility is if Dem really feels these people would just gun my ship commander down, in which case my troops and ship will lay waste to everything in this system. (And if he actually does this im going to have to argue only a commander out of his right mind would ever do such a thing, and such a commander would not be in charge of a system trying to maintain its sovereignty.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:30:26 PM by Ramano »

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #798 on: July 14, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »
Wealthy but not one percent rich. I pay an assload of taxes. Not married, No kids, they practically penalize me for it every year. The only credit I get is for the house I bought a few months ago, on my own, No parents, No spouse. Suck it, tradition! I do what I want, whateva!  ;)
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #799 on: July 14, 2012, 10:42:31 PM »
Yes I know syren, I just like giving you shit because your the wealthiest person ive ever personally spoken too. However it is a statistical fact that most wealthy people are overwhelmingly republican. However I have once personally had a 112,600,000$ government grant check in my hand. It was for some land deal the audobon society was brokering with a corperation around here. I thought about making a run for the door, but the 12 armed police officers, 6 bank officials, and 2 FBI officers were just too much to make it through. What can I say, a 10yr old is rather limited in his escape/combat choices.

On a lighter note, did anyone know the penalty for operating a motor vehicle in wisconsin without a license on a county road carries a penalty over twice as much as doing the same thing on an interstate highway.
Fine for operating a motor vehicle on a county road with no license: 200.50$ minimum.
Fine for operating a motor vehicle on an interstate highway with no license: 99.50$ maximum

What the fuck!?

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #800 on: July 14, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »
No workaholics? But we gotta, we gotta be fresh. Besides, ders is kinda hot.

In comics, xmen vs avengers was siiiick with the resurgence of the Phoenix force. And the schism storyline is solid with the xmen separated, half with a far less pansy Cyclops and the other with wolverine.

I love the show it's just that I got a co-op kid at work that talks in Workaholics verbage!

And I haven't been on the mainstream marvel's in a long time but I hopped on the DC bandwagon when they started renumbering.  Scott Snyder is an awesome writer and Greg Capullo great dark illustrator and they were doing new Batman, of which I had never really been a huge fan but now because of them two love.  Image and Darkhorse have been doing awesome short runs though lately.  There's an great couple sci fi runs on Image right now Planetoid (fantastic story and art!) and Saga (a weird blend of fantasy sci fi).  Darkhorse had a cool series called "Dawn of the Jedi" that took place only in the Tython star system and was pre Republic era, no HS travel, force users all concentrated in one star system.  It tied the Rakata in kind of nicely.

Oh good, politics!

Let's not and say we didn't, please. We'll end up at each other's throats in no time.

Changing subject, anyone play Spec Ops: The Line yet? I am blowing through it today -- less than 5 hours on Steam and already approaching the end -- but it's still worth it. A real experience. Amazon has it for $25, activates on Steam. If you want to have a conversation about war and the depiction of violence, play this.

Aw man I hate Steam more than I hate politics.  I HAVE to use it for Total War games which I play religiously.  :'(

Yeah I get taxed like 28% or so but it's been like that for twelve years so

I would imagine the GE-IR would be at war - not allied - the GE would not be happy about admirals taking worlds and military resources to start their own thing. In the books the factions warred with each other basically until Thrawn showed up and took the reigns.

I hope the Imps fight.  It's only proper damnit.  I promise to not even intervene and take advantage when engagements are ongoing  :-*
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:08:51 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #801 on: July 15, 2012, 12:54:20 AM »
Lmao, I make no such promises hahaha.

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #802 on: July 15, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
Aw man I hate Steam more than I hate politics.  I HAVE to use it for Total War games which I play religiously.  :'(

OK, finally an opportunity for me to figure out why people hate Steam without inciting a flame war. What gives? It keeps all my games organized and up-to-date and it gives me great deals on games I don't have. I can't find something negative about it, game-breaking or computer-breaking. Is there something I've escaped that others haven't?
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #803 on: July 15, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
It's the baggage aspect of it.  It's completely unnecessary.  The older Total Wars always needed patches, and the new ones get patched frequently as well but I don't see why you need this whole out of game server system to make that more stream line, granted I know nothing of computer technical aspects.  There are some occasions where it won't let me run TW games in offline mode, not that internet connection is a frequent problem or anything but on the rare occurrence it's obnoxious.  I dunno, I always managed to track down patches back in the day when you had to go looking for them and I didn't mind it and I get a OCD fix from organizing things on my own as is anyway so maybe thats a part of it to.  The advertisement is a turn off as well.

I'm a picky bitch tho!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #804 on: July 16, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
Friendly reminder guys: Action Day #2 was yesterday. Please collect your paycheck at HR or sign up for direct deposit. ;D
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #805 on: July 16, 2012, 10:59:44 AM »
Yep, I was kinda unavailable yesterday due to the devil crawling inside my head and trying to shove my eyeballs out of my face. (Migrane headache)

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #806 on: July 16, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »
Ohhhh right, action days.

....OHHHHH right, I completely forgot to re-do my original post and have had no constructions going. Hrm. Well, better late than never.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #807 on: July 16, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »
Heres a question seeing as its getting about to that time in which people are gunna start knowing something is going on at Bespin. What about canceling missions in progress? For example say I had to quick rush to bespin to defend my position there, what would be the penalties, if any, for just canceling what I have going at Bakura to send my RHD to bespin for reinforcement?

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #808 on: July 16, 2012, 01:55:01 PM »
Greg and my girl must be coordinating because just like my normal paycheck, this one is pretty much spoken for before I even see it!  :-[
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #809 on: July 16, 2012, 01:56:31 PM »
Heres a question seeing as its getting about to that time in which people are gunna start knowing something is going on at Bespin. What about canceling missions in progress? For example say I had to quick rush to bespin to defend my position there, what would be the penalties, if any, for just canceling what I have going at Bakura to send my RHD to bespin for reinforcement?

I think your position there (wherever other action is in progress) should maybe go on "pause" that is there is no set back persay just no progress maybe?  Unless of course someone else were to rush in and steal your seat.

Yep, I was kinda unavailable yesterday due to the devil crawling inside my head and trying to shove my eyeballs out of my face. (Migrane headache)

You have coaxed a bit of empathy out of me, my lifetime lady friend gets terrible migraines sometimes.  It's an incredibly debilitating affliction.  :(  Even had to take her to ER for one once.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:32:49 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death