Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794574 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #780 on: July 14, 2012, 02:17:59 PM »

There's no specific vendetta against you so stop citing that, I think everyone participating is pleasantly surprised to have the turnout/activity we've got going on so far and that's a kudos to everyone.  All the talk has been on the OOC board, hence the OOC nature of the knowledge being discussed, but at some point it will present itself IC.  The Imperial forces are our enemy because of their conduct.  That's what determines all faction relationship.  All me and Hop are saying is if you want to count on NR being a friendly than you have to match us in terms of a standard of conduct, the action at Bespin is treading a line granted the whole outcome has yet to be finalized and there's much to be determined that is in your hands as well as far as the ripple effect. 

But that's the point of discussion.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #781 on: July 14, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
I see you've reached the butthurt portion of the OOC convo. Fox and Friends? Christ, what do you think I am, a Republican? Forget the party system. I'm in it for myself. Cuz when you are in it for yourself, you always end up on the winning team.

As someone looking in from the outside of the GCW, I'm impressed with the turnout and activity level in the forum as a whole. It's something I would love to see continue. OOC discussions are necessary for clarity and the occasional sniping but that should not affect the IC happenings. I say just roll with it, see where it goes. The most thrilling part of my storyline's with Medivh is that although we bounce ideas off one another, I never really know which direction he's going to take things or how I will react in the storyline. We play off each other and enjoy the unpredictable and sometimes deeply flawed nature of the characters we've created. That's what makes simming so great. Keep calm and play on, darlings.

Also, let's take a moment to all wish Med good luck as he is studying for the BAR exam at the end of this month. Go Med! So proud of you.

Syren

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #782 on: July 14, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »
Yeah Med! I'll have a mai tai please! Get it? The BAR exam? No one's EVER made that joke before. I am so original and hilarious that it almost hurts. Actually it does hurt.

Side note, or new note: can we get the "THE GALAXY" thread stickied/pinned? Thank yuh.

And whatever happens, Eid and I will go about our merry business putting on a good revolutionary show for you, just you wait and see. Just a sideshow, a sideshow of a sideshow. Storm in a teacup.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #783 on: July 14, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »
Ditto on what Eid said - Ram we have no OOC vendetta against you at all, seriously, and I mean it. You're a little paranoid :P We're not going to find a way to destroy you entirely or anything that crazy. Most of whatever potential fall out IC would be in storylines and fun stuff like that. Obviously IC we have no knowledge of events - have we reacted to anything yet? no :P

and good luck Med. I can't believe you're already taking the Bar! time flies...

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #784 on: July 14, 2012, 03:08:23 PM »
  I put forth the motion to ban Workaholics terminology from the OOC boards.

Also, good luck with BAR Exam Med!  Worse case scenario you've got more SWSF time   SILVER LININGS ABOUND!

Anybody been on any comic books lately?  I must confess I've had a resurging interest/devotion.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:30:57 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #785 on: July 14, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »
No workaholics? But we gotta, we gotta be fresh. Besides, ders is kinda hot.

In comics, xmen vs avengers was siiiick with the resurgence of the Phoenix force. And the schism storyline is solid with the xmen separated, half with a far less pansy Cyclops and the other with wolverine.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #786 on: July 14, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »
Never had time for comics, every spare moment of my life was always spent simming.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #787 on: July 14, 2012, 07:43:38 PM »
I see you've reached the butthurt portion of the OOC convo. Fox and Friends? Christ, what do you think I am, a Republican? Forget the party system. I'm in it for myself. Cuz when you are in it for yourself, you always end up on the winning team.

First off, just calling it like "I" see it. As I said all along, I know im wrong on it, but that dont mean people arnt acting like it.

And to answer your question... with the amount of money your rolling in you have to be a republican, you are probably just one of them closet republicans that screams "democrat democrat democrat" in public, but when it comes to the privacy of the voting booth, we know where your loyalties lie. MWUAHAHA. Like I said, I can see through you like glass there missy. Your god, I, dismiss you back to your daily routines. And as always, tell your minions a man has yet bested you again. BRWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edit: Also, on a more serious note, I realize there is an SL necessary at Bakura, I am getting to that, just dealing with a nephews birthday, trying to keep up with the OOC thread, and the lovely family drama as always so I will have that up some time tonight or tomorrow morning. No worries, I understand those rules now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:49:27 PM by Ramano »

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #788 on: July 14, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »
I lean Republican because I have things to lose, and I'm tired of people taking my shit! It's my money, I worked for it, all ya suckas can piss off! I can not be my brothers keeper if I'm struggling to keep myself, Mr. President!
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #789 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »
Lmao, dem your far from anything that I would even consider needing to worry about taxes, besides, dont you live in california? Everyone knows californian's dont pay taxes. Look at your states deficit, lmao! And what you dont understand is no one from either party is trying to take your money and give it away. The democrats are just saying you dont need 185 million $ a year to live on. If you make the amount of profit that some of these fortune 500 CEOs make and DONT immediately dump it back into the company, you should have your ass taxed off. You took money away from the country that should have been given back.

Or perhaps you can explain why its fair for anyone to have to pay taxes while the CEOs of BP received a 9 BILLION $ disaster loss write off on their taxes making no one on the board of directors have to pay taxes. Yes, the CEOs of BP paid less in taxes then you, after nearly destroying the northwestern hemisphere, and making 10 million times more money then you will see in 10 years.

Or perhaps the CEOs of god knows how many fortune 500 companies who are loosing more money a second then all of us combined, including syren, will see in our lifetimes. You know the CEO of Citibank only paid 12,000$ in taxes in 2011? Oh, and he made 87.7 million $ AGI last year, while his company lost nearly a TRILLION FUCKING $. But sure, lets keep voting republican right, 4 more years of bush should be just what we need right!!

Edit: Unless of course any of you actually fall into the 1,000,001$ - 1,499,999$ range, in which case im so sorry and yes, I agree you caught the bullshit end of an awful stick. For those of you not blessed enough to ever have this problem, thats the range in which if you did things just right you can actually be taxed for 102% of your total AGI. However, if you are in that range, and had this happen to you, your probably also smart enough to get an attorney and contact the IRS and not have to pay all that anyway, so I guess I still dont feel sorry for you THAT bad.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:26:37 PM by Ramano »

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #790 on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:44 PM »
Oh good, politics!

Let's not and say we didn't, please. We'll end up at each other's throats in no time.

Changing subject, anyone play Spec Ops: The Line yet? I am blowing through it today -- less than 5 hours on Steam and already approaching the end -- but it's still worth it. A real experience. Amazon has it for $25, activates on Steam. If you want to have a conversation about war and the depiction of violence, play this.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #791 on: July 14, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
lol... I think all this banter is great.

Even I may disagree with Ramano's IC actions, but the whole reason why the Rebel Alliance is continuing without the New Republic is because RA characters (a la Garm Bel Iblis) don't want to nor have to put up with the "bullshit" NR protocols, policies, and practices (such as taking planets Diplomatically, etc.). In this game, the RA is borderline terrorist. When you think about it, Ramano is a great fit for the RA because he is a loose cannon. You don't know what he's going to do or how.

The same could be said with the GE-IR split. Dem represents the more hardline top-down power structure with a "we need an Emperor to run the Empire" kinda philosophy, whereas the Remnant says, "no, we don't; we got this on our own", which is more bottom-up. At the end of the day we're both Imperialists, so our schism shouldn't be nearly as severe as the NR-RA split.

That's what I love about our current player list. Everyone's personality is coming through, even in what faction they represent. So let's have fun!!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #792 on: July 14, 2012, 08:55:52 PM »
Wealth does not always equal Republican. And you don't know me, bitch! I earn my shit, started from the ground up. Aside from taxes, the only thing I spend my money on is me.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #793 on: July 14, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
LoL, your rich, you dont spend money on taxes either hahaha!

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #794 on: July 14, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »
Fair Tax, enough said.   ;D

Hale, you really think our personalities are coming through in our characters? Haha, I fear you may be right, because deep down, I would love to manipulate my way into controlling everything.
(\/)ighty RE