Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794654 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #735 on: July 08, 2012, 08:48:24 AM »
Well since I havn't explicitly written it in the rules, I can see how there is a confusion.

If you start the game as a Colonel and upgrade to General to get the free ship, you get the free ship the day you upgrade. Keep in mind though that "the first one is free", that is... you have the ABILITY to field an extra NSBC... not an unlimited supply of them. So the day you upgrade, you get the free ship, but if somebody comes and blows it up, you'll have to build a new one from scratch.

The same thing applies to the Admiral CP bonus. Since everything was happening on Day 1, we can pretend that the Hero was an Admiral before picking units as opposed to a Commodore who picked units and then became an Admiral.

Hope that clears things up.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #736 on: July 08, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
Crystal  ;D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #737 on: July 08, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »
Sounds good to me

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #738 on: July 09, 2012, 01:21:47 PM »
Also, anyone who wants to go ahead and take the poor bespin PDF for me quick here id appriciate it, thanks.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #739 on: July 11, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »
Ram stop posting OOC in System threads, at least when it's involving me.  You can address those concerns here or PM me, please and thanks ;p

And my bad, I'll  adjust my location (soon as you delete junk post!).  I had my location listed at first (its DS-1) but changed to ?, forgot active reveals me.

EDIT: Although, HALE!

If I'm active scanning, and nobody is in the system and there's no PDF there anyways, do I still have to post my location? there's no one for it to be revealed to, accept people/units who aren't even at Yavin, in which case, even if I'm active scanning, they aren't going to receive pings from those sweeps from across the galaxy.  *shrug* just asking/justifying my good ;p
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:04:15 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #740 on: July 11, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »
My bad, noted for future reference. And he brings up a good point.

I would say yes at first glance for what if someone wanted to attack you while you were sitting in this undefended system. But after thinking about it, an enemy would still have to scan upon exit to find you, so that would make the first point pretty pointless. So yeah, perhaps we could use a quick ruling on this.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:06:49 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #741 on: July 11, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »
My bad, noted for future reference.

thank ye  ;D

Doesn't amicable resolution seem so unfulfilling?  :D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #742 on: July 11, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »
Scanning a Barren World does seem a little trickier than what the rules would suggest the proper course of action is. Realistically, if the world is barren, you could go in there and not make a single peep and nobody would know anything about it... but the catch with the "General Information travels at x2 Hyperspace" takes into account not only civilian communication networks, but ultra-secret espionage networks as well.

I understand the concern really...because posting your location allows people to meta-game and ambush you when they had no real proof of your location in the first place, and yet "coincidentally" exit hyperspace on top of you. Since it's a Barren World - go ahead and hide your location, but keep in mind that if anybody else exits hyperspace and you're still active scanning, you have to post your location.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #743 on: July 11, 2012, 06:07:27 PM »
Scanning a Barren World does seem a little trickier than what the rules would suggest the proper course of action is. Realistically, if the world is barren, you could go in there and not make a single peep and nobody would know anything about it... but the catch with the "General Information travels at x2 Hyperspace" takes into account not only civilian communication networks, but ultra-secret espionage networks as well.

I understand the concern really...because posting your location allows people to meta-game and ambush you when they had no real proof of your location in the first place, and yet "coincidentally" exit hyperspace on top of you. Since it's a Barren World - go ahead and hide your location, but keep in mind that if anybody else exits hyperspace and you're still active scanning, you have to post your location.

sounds good =D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #744 on: July 11, 2012, 11:23:33 PM »
Umm... Although I dont see what exiting on top of a person would do anyway. We have no visual distance rules in place. As I understand it, even if you both are in the same grid space, you still have to scan to know the other persons location. I also see absolutely no reason to change this, as it as you stated, prevents meta-gaming. (We always called this godmoding, lol)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #745 on: July 12, 2012, 10:38:59 AM »
Must PDF fleets follow normal Fleet rules? i.e. only 7 ships in a fleet, etc?

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #746 on: July 12, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »
Its depends, for NPCs or for players? For players PDF fleets are limited to 10 capital ships, no more then 23CP (+ any applicable bonus) and any limitations listed in the stats.

For NPCs, there are no limitation rules. They have what ever made them seem cannonically appropriate. Many of them do not hold to normal PDF rules.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #747 on: July 12, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »
Also, I have a question as I cant remember covering it before, and it could raise a serious issue here if Dem catches on. Do the ships listed on our strongholds, IE: Endor has a free MC-90, do these count as part of your PDF when attacking another players stronghold? Cause if thats the case, Dem can go ahead and win the game right now by sending the SSD after Mon Cal. Theres nothing any of us could do to stop that currently. Likewise if Hop and I teamed up to hit Bastion, we'd be running an MC-90 and 2 MC-80s without even having to touch our fleets.

And another thing im going to throw out for shits and giggles because it crossed my mind, can units choose to drop shields to be tractored? IE: Can I turn the shields off on my Omega platform and tow it around with me if I had enough tractor power? I mean, how do you think they got these big stations into position to begin with, something has to move it around.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #748 on: July 12, 2012, 11:05:34 AM »
Also, I have a question as I cant remember covering it before, and it could raise a serious issue here if Dem catches on. Do the ships listed on our strongholds, IE: Endor has a free MC-90, do these count as part of your PDF when attacking another players stronghold? Cause if thats the case, Dem can go ahead and win the game right now by sending the SSD after Mon Cal. Theres nothing any of us could do to stop that currently. Likewise if Hop and I teamed up to hit Bastion, we'd be running an MC-90 and 2 MC-80s without even having to touch our fleets.

And another thing im going to throw out for shits and giggles because it crossed my mind, can units choose to drop shields to be tractored? IE: Can I turn the shields off on my Omega platform and tow it around with me if I had enough tractor power? I mean, how do you think they got these big stations into position to begin with, something has to move it around.

I don't know about the whole bringing PDFs on attacks anyways, isn't it only if you're attacking Coruscant you can bring your stronghold PDFs?  Thought I read that somewhere. .

Regarding moving plats around, if you're talking about in to HS, I'd say hell fucking no.  That's gay.  If you mean moving them around within a system, I don't see why not, otherwise they'd be stuck where you first place them for eternity, not to mention I'd anticipate a space platform would have to at least have thrusters to hold/adjust orbit and such?  So one way or the other, they ought to be movable.  I don't think anyone's going to want to leave PDF plat locations static after an enemy has scan info and a battle ensues.  If you fight them off and keep your system, you'd have to shuffle Platform/Station locations.

IF you want to transport a plat through HS, you should have to break it down.  Maybe like same as construction cost you could say?  At which point you can presume it stored on a larger warship or several of them or whatever and enter HS with the plats building materials in your cargo holds or whatev. .. this could make a fun little game out of stealing peoples plats =D

Sounds fucking awesome actually.  Raid a rival system, beat up the PDF, disable plats, break them down and take off with them and put back together at no cost (except time) where you want them!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:08:19 AM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #749 on: July 12, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »
No im talking specifically about using tractor beams and HS capable aux from my ship to tow a golan platform around the galaxy with my fleet, lmao!

And yes, I know its only Coruscant and Mon Cal you get to bring PDF with, but at the current point in the game, the SSD is invincible. Dem could end it right now just by attacking Mon Cal. The battle would be over before I even got there, and I still couldnt touch an SSD with my fleet.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:12:09 AM by Ramano »