Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794673 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #705 on: July 05, 2012, 11:16:43 PM »
i see your point Hoppupatamus, just have a volunteer group of people willing to do PDFs, create batting order and let it ride, passing optional, if full batting rotation pass, player on his own, (but if we at that point why be posting anywa)y ;p  i'll volunteer for group to so
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #706 on: July 05, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
I'm confused, how does controlling a second hero give anyone another 23cp? I must have missed something, Ramano.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #707 on: July 05, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »
No no you misunderstood me or perhaps I misunderstood someone else down the line, a 2nd hero is fine, and is well defined in the rules, I am speaking of 2nd factions. Too me it looked like Eras was not asking about a 2nd hero, but a whole 2nd independent faction. And again, I never once thought of Eras cheating on that, or even using it to his advantage, I was simply saying, if he gets a 2nd Faction, I want one too, but unfortunately ill cheat with mine, whether I want to or not. Like he said, im too competitive not too.

As far as PDF controlling, I was saying "I" had to be the guy, I was just offering my time to do it seeing as I have much more then the rest of you combined. If hale or someone else wants to do it, by all means. My whole argument was simply there is no reason to have people control both sides of a battle, we have players here willing to step up and command it.

And I do understand what your saying about having as little GM involvement as possible hale, but this is for all intents and purposes a pen & paper RPG, in which a GM is necessary. And lets face it, most of the issues come from math miscalculations and over-looking parts of the rules, which are easily pointed out by any other player and can 90% of the time be fixed without a GM ever needing to be involved. So id say its more of an informal thing, but yes hale, you still have to be GM, basically just the higher power to handle any rule misunderstandings. Even with my extended library of D&D books, you still need a dungeon master to play D&D, same holds true here.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #708 on: July 05, 2012, 11:54:03 PM »
So be it.... Jedi....

Here's what I propose: when a player begins a Conquest Mission, he can continue to proceed according the to requirements of the mission and not slow down for anything. If another sim leader can step in to helm the PDF, awesome, more power to it. In the meantime, if the other sim leaders are dragging their feet, I'm not going to stop the player doing the Conquest Mission from commandeering the PDF simply so the Mission can progress without him having to wait on anybody.

Basically here's how it should work in practice: the first priority is to get another sim leader to control the PDF; when or if that is not happening, or the other sim leader misses a posting cycle -- the player is empowered to temporarily control the PDF to advance the Mission until the assisting sim leader is able to post again for the PDF.

I don't want the player to be screwed, but at the same time I want the rules to be flexible enough to handle schedule mismatches, which are bound to happen even in an active 5-player uni.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #709 on: July 06, 2012, 12:16:01 AM »
Err... im not talking about missions, how is someone else needed to perform a mission? Isnt that just a storyline and time and its pretty much automatic? Why do you need a battle for that, just storyline some shit out, lol. I thought that was the point of doing a mission instead of just outright attacking a planet.

What im talking about is for impatient motherfuckers like me who dont want to wait however long to conquer a planet, we just want to straight up exit and engage these fools and crush them under the thunder of divine San Diego fireworks fail level hell fire.

On another note, hale, please, I beg you, dont make me break out the Ramano and kill you, what happened to the MC-90 for the max level rebel leader? I mean seriously, look at these 2 and tell me what the difference is? Its the same freaking abilities with a 10% boost moved around on the early levels. These need new abilities, as one should be all about fleet power, the other should be all about money generation. For example, when the fleet commander gives a bonus to your flagship, the leader should give a bonus to your PDF. When the FC gives a bonus ship, the leader should give a bonus whatever KCs. Something that differentiates the 2 beyond what missions they can preform.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #710 on: July 06, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »
I know there are quite a few Vader dub-overs from ANH, but this one is freaking hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKEg6fJ-7P4&feature=related
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #711 on: July 06, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »
Hale that conquest of Dantooine was impressive! ;p
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #712 on: July 06, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »
Lmao, I know right. I was trying to picture what that lone major would have thought sitting there with a total of 100 soldiers and the flagship of the imperial fleet just showed up in orbit. HAHAHA.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #713 on: July 06, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »
I know there are quite a few Vader dub-overs from ANH, but this one is freaking hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKEg6fJ-7P4&feature=related

haha loved it thanks for sharing.

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #714 on: July 06, 2012, 02:23:56 PM »
Before I forget, I'm on vacation starting in an hour and going through most of Monday. Once I'm back from conquering mountains and such, I'll be able to get into this game properly.

Peace mofos.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #715 on: July 06, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »
Question for you guys. Now that Gall is back, we were thinking about making another Stronghold for the IR for simplicity's sake. Either Gall or I would take Bastion permanently and the other person would settle elsewhere. Some ideal candidates would be Barren Worlds since those don't have many features and wouldn't matter too much, but most of the Barren Worlds aren't exactly "Imperial". Obviously whatever the new Stronghold is, all the present features and PDF bonuses and such would be wiped clean and the planet would be given the standard Stronghold template instead. That or some planet in the lower half of the galaxy to keep an eye on Ramano ;) That or some place closer to the Core like Wayland or Onderon.

BTW -- I love all the interesting side and back stories everyone is posting about the Battle of Endor. Awesome.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:28:29 PM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #716 on: July 06, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »
Uhh, no, I dont like that idea at all, I like being the only person in this part of the galaxy, lots of nice open planets and no one to screw with me. 5 days trip with a x1 hyperdrive just to get close to me, mwuahaha. Leave me alone I leave you alone lol. Dont worry, if anyone starts getting bored, you can come run neutral pdf for me when I start attacking. =)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #717 on: July 06, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
Hmm.  It seems like it'd be unbalancing in your favor, but maybe not.  More income to start combined but more spread out.  I wouldn't really be opposed unless an extremely convincing argument otherwise were presented.

I'd rather see it a traditional imp world though but up to Gall if it go that way anyways, don't care barren or not.  But traditional imp world make more sense, since it's a 'start' position and days after endor n all
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #718 on: July 06, 2012, 05:02:08 PM »
Carida

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #719 on: July 06, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »
Ive got no problem with it - Jay its the same scenario with us if you would have taken another planet as a stronghold. No real advantage one way or the other you get the same $$ each month in any case.