Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793869 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #2400 on: December 07, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »

To anyone considering new carpet, wood and tile floors in your home, I would suggest just burning it down and building a new one!  Or perhaps upgrading to a nomadic lifestyle!  :P
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2401 on: December 08, 2015, 06:05:00 AM »
That is no fun.  But get it done!!!! :P

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2402 on: December 14, 2015, 09:27:10 AM »
I hope everyone has their tickets!!!

The recent trailers have really given a lot away I think in terms of the story, kinda seems like it's going to be A New Hope all over again...

Discuss.

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2403 on: December 15, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »
Like, Rey is the Luke of The Force Awakens and they come find her on said desert planet and destiny-trip her into taking the hero's journey which leads her back to her family, the dark side and a potential love interest?

Yeah, I'm sensing that too but it isn't enough of a deterrent to sour me on the idea. I think they are going to throw some kind of twist in there. With the lack of coverage on the poster and trailers, I'm guessing it's Lukey Luke and the Sithy bunch.
Syren

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2404 on: December 16, 2015, 08:55:41 AM »
Like, Rey is the Luke of The Force Awakens and they come find her on said desert planet and destiny-trip her into taking the hero's journey which leads her back to her family, the dark side and a potential love interest?

Yeah, I'm sensing that too but it isn't enough of a deterrent to sour me on the idea. I think they are going to throw some kind of twist in there. With the lack of coverage on the poster and trailers, I'm guessing it's Lukey Luke and the Sithy bunch.

I think only Mara Jade can get away with calling him Lukey.  Although not clear if she exists anymore
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2405 on: December 17, 2015, 06:45:37 AM »
I think only Mara Jade can get away with calling him Lukey.  Although not clear if she exists anymore

She doesn't. That's all part of the Legends now, not canon.

I haven't seen many trailers. Tomorrow is my five year wedding anniversary and we're sneaking out to go see it at lunch time while we have child care. Very excited!

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2406 on: December 17, 2015, 08:23:33 PM »
Congrats! And what a great anniversary present!

Also, movie is great. Loved it.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2407 on: December 18, 2015, 01:35:26 AM »
Just got back from the movie... all I can say is wow.

Lots of complex feelings. I'll need a week to process.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2408 on: December 18, 2015, 08:37:40 AM »
Awesome, the movie was.
Medivh

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2409 on: December 18, 2015, 11:34:22 AM »
Wasn't able to go today :(

Hope to go next week sometime.

Any spoilers posted, user will be banned permanently :DDDD

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2410 on: December 18, 2015, 08:09:15 PM »

The awkwardly timid half-hearted clapping at credit roll that prevaded my theatre said it all.

Fisher could have been a muppet and evoked more emotion.  Whole thing felt rushed to me like some integral scenes were left on cutting room floor that another 5-10mins of screen time could have really pulled it all together.  The camera swing at very end felt like something entirely out a different set of movies. Some aspects of the other camera work felt out of place for SW for me to.

On the plus side- it is Star Wars.. And Rey is a great character.

I will see it about ten more times in theatre though ;p

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2411 on: December 19, 2015, 01:18:12 PM »

I will see it about ten more times in theatre though ;p

I agree with everything you said. I loved the movie, don't get me wrong, but I've been telling my friends it "felt weird" watching it... kinda like cheating on somebody... perhaps because in a way, it is cheating because it did not feel at all like George Lucas wrote and directed the film. It's NEW Star Wars, for a NEW generation, from a NEW style of movie production and film theory.

That being said, George Lucas invented the Star Wars formula much in the same way Ian Fleming invented the Bond formula. Are they bad formulas? No. But did JJ and Kasdan rely heavily on it? Yes they did.

And now, for a very important PSA:

EVERYONE HAS UNTIL CHRISTMAS TO SEE THE FILM. AFTER THAT, SPOILERS ARE FAIR GAME!!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2412 on: December 19, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »

EVERYONE HAS UNTIL CHRISTMAS TO SEE THE FILM. AFTER THAT, SPOILERS ARE FAIR GAME!!

Couldn't we just make a new thread, titled: "SPOILERS: Episode 7" and then anyone who wants to avoid it, can just avoid that thread?

I've been dying to talk about this movie, but I'm not allowed, because not enough people have seen it.

Please?
Medivh

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2413 on: December 20, 2015, 01:37:49 AM »
I'm seeing it tomorrow despite my aversion to the general public. Christmas is a good time frame for us but we need to be respectful of those who may not have had the chance yet. Holidays are crazy for some and they may not be able to get away.

Having met JJ while visiting my step father on the set of Felicity, I liked his vision even before he became who he is now. I've pretty much liked everything he's done, Lost being my favorite, so I have high hopes. Surprisingly have managed to not have anything spoiled for me so I'm like a kid in a candy store. And true, it is new Star Wars and I hope kids today revel in the glee I had watching the original trilogy a million times running around my parents living room in a white dress holding a blaster and quoting Princess Leia. It is one of my fondest childhood memories.
Syren

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2414 on: December 20, 2015, 05:49:58 AM »
I'm going to see it again in a couple hours. Really excited to see it by myself so I won't have to keep tell one kid to stop crinkling his water bottle and the other trying to sleep on my arm. AND it will be in 2D this time so I'll get to focus on seeing what's in the movie rather than getting distracted by weird 3D nonsense.