Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794257 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #2310 on: June 06, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »
  I warned you guys about Marvel ;p   Don't worry-  It will all get contradicted, retconned and relaunched in a year if any other Marvel comicbook property is an example!

But consider the unwritten escapades of Han Solo in the years before he was ever with the Alliance.  I can imagine a hasty nuptial or two in his past!  It won't end up with much total gravity, keep in mind it's comics and it's Marvel.  They don't operate on the same business model as Dark Horse.  If it's not inconsequential and distant past within three issues I'd be surprised.  They have to keep it shocking each issue to keep sales numbers up each and every week/month to keep justifying every individual ongoing series.

But within their own right, they have all been good reads so far and Marvel has been putting their top contracted creative teams on them.  I plan on buying every SW issue of every series Marvel does for first few years or so.  If eventually only to sell as a collection.  But Right now Marvel does. .

Star Wars, Princess Leia, Darth Vader which all tie together, and Kanan Last Padawan which is a lead in to occurences of Rebels animated series.  Lando #1 comes out in a week or two.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:21:34 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2311 on: June 11, 2015, 09:01:07 AM »
RIP Sir Christopher Lee!

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2312 on: June 11, 2015, 09:13:52 PM »
Hullo there.

Checking in. And curious - does anyone play SWTOR? I just resubbed with their 12x XP for class (main) missions; takes the grind out of the leveling experience. I've heard the F2P isn't bad either. I'm on Jedi Covenant if anyone's interested.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2313 on: June 11, 2015, 10:42:58 PM »
Good to see you've made it back Eras.

I don't play SWTOR. Can't speak for everyone but I know there's more of a board gamer crowd here.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #2314 on: June 12, 2015, 12:24:41 AM »
Did I hear....new game!?!?
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2315 on: June 22, 2015, 04:01:30 PM »
Anyone even alive?

I was thinking about starting up a twitter account for us. Thoughts?

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2316 on: June 22, 2015, 05:30:10 PM »

Alive?  Mildly!

Twitter?   Don't use it.  I take too long to make a point ;)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2317 on: June 23, 2015, 09:55:21 AM »
When are we gaming?! Prepare for a surge of people because I am making a twitter ;)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2318 on: June 23, 2015, 10:31:11 AM »
Probably be worth waiting to really start promo-ing much until we have new game launched, otherwise attracting a lot of attention to a forum without a ton of activity to keep them coming back or seem interested.

Me, Hale and Hop are working on the new game.  Its taking awhile because it is very visually rich and unlike most things we've done before but it has been steady progress for few months.  It will have a lot of familiarity but seem VERY different as well.  It's more character group (rpg-ish) oriented than Faction Building, but it retains a great deal of nuanced management reminiscent along with combat models and such.

We will try to get some teaser previews up asap..
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2319 on: June 23, 2015, 05:15:30 PM »
Yes, everyone is alive and well... but the forum is on a bit of a hiatus as we're developing our new game.

If you like party-based RPGs and tactical combat, then you'll definitely like the direction we're taking. It will be an "equal opportunity" kinda game, so by that I mean both storylines and battles will be rewarded, that way it can facilitate the various types of players we have on the forum.

If you'd like to get a head start on thinking about a character, we are going to be in the Rise of the Empire era, so pretty much anything goes in terms of Jedi, Sith, Fringer....
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2320 on: June 24, 2015, 09:01:02 AM »
Hiatus?  Maybe your game has been on hiatus - Syren and I have been on a roll.

Yes, everyone is alive and well... but the forum is on a bit of a hiatus as we're developing our new game.

If you like party-based RPGs and tactical combat, then you'll definitely like the direction we're taking. It will be an "equal opportunity" kinda game, so by that I mean both storylines and battles will be rewarded, that way it can facilitate the various types of players we have on the forum.

If you'd like to get a head start on thinking about a character, we are going to be in the Rise of the Empire era, so pretty much anything goes in terms of Jedi, Sith, Fringer....
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2321 on: June 24, 2015, 10:56:41 AM »
Um, yeah! We're, like, the constant. 6.5 years running. Respect, bitch!
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2322 on: June 24, 2015, 11:20:09 AM »
  He was supposed to bring balance to the force.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/entertainment/anakin-skywalker-jake-broadbent-lloyd-arrest/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obnetwork

here's an excerpt from him apparently related to his difficulties in life! lol..

Other children were really mean to me," he said. "They would make the sound of the light saber every time they saw me. It was totally mad. ... My entire school life was really a living hell."

..wow man, ROUGH.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:22:30 AM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2323 on: June 24, 2015, 11:57:16 AM »
Maybe he thought he was in a podrace?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/entertainment/anakin-skywalker-jake-broadbent-lloyd-arrest/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obnetwork

here's an excerpt from him apparently related to his difficulties in life! lol..

Other children were really mean to me," he said. "They would make the sound of the light saber every time they saw me. It was totally mad. ... My entire school life was really a living hell."

..wow man, ROUGH.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2324 on: June 24, 2015, 02:33:47 PM »
George Lucas ruins yet another child's childhood....

..wow man, ROUGH.
- Ranes