Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794653 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #2160 on: September 24, 2013, 10:43:04 AM »
I almost ordered the first issue, but the delivery cost was greater than the issue cost.

Ain't there a Comic Book shop round your parts??   There's tons of great SW stories out every month from Dark Horse.  Dark Times is a great one, it centers all on Vader's hunts for Jedi in the time between Ep III and Ep IV.

Rebels looks awesome, but there's another humor based animated Seth Green series that's shelved right now, it's got like 30 some episodes already done.  Cross between the humor of Lego SW and Robot Chicken SW.  It's not been axed, but it will likely be a straight to DVD release type thing eventually.  It's called Star Wars: Detours.  There's trailers out there for it for glimpses and such.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2161 on: October 24, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »
How is everyone doing???

Got very quiet around here. Suppose everyone is as busy as I've been :(

But I will be back and writing soon.... about fascists! :D

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2162 on: October 24, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »

I been trying to hammer out first little part of that Everything Burns story.  I know exactly how I want the progress to go of it and got my star characters and their progression points laid out through the intended entirety of it , I just keep being unsatisfied with what I've got written for the opening piece when I do a "final" proof read of it, then I end up cutting pasting and eventually completely disoriented.  Workin on it though!

And yeah, work itself is a time fuck.  Being a building material testing lab, we get busy as hell come winter months since the whole customer base slows down for season and has time to start thinking about their screw ups.

Also Rome II Total War came out =)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2163 on: October 24, 2013, 09:55:10 PM »
Enjoying the new season of TV shows. :)

I have quite a bit written, a little for Nash & Co that I'm not quite finished with and quite a bit for my other story.  But I'm not sure if I like it so it's in for some heavy editing.  Hopefully I can get it ready for sharing soon. :)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2164 on: October 27, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »
Ditto on TV this season. I'm geeking the hell out on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'd drop IT-guy for Agent Ward, maybe even Skye?  :P

Syren

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2165 on: October 27, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »
Hell yes I am loving SHIELD and its hotties! XD  I also really enjoy The Blacklist.  I wish it had less of the baddy-of-the-day and more about all the other side story shit that's going on, but I'm sure we'll eventually get there.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2166 on: October 28, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »
I haven't enjoyed the SHIELD series very much... :(

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2167 on: October 30, 2013, 11:37:36 AM »
Not a fan of it either personally, and I'm an avid Marvel reader.  I admit huge prejudice when it comes to anything comic book oriented being appropriated for media in motion though.  :P

New South Park season has been delivering nicely though!  The Goth Kids had their own devoted new episode last week! It was fantastic =)

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #2168 on: November 14, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »
Did everyone die?!?!
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2169 on: November 14, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
Yep...

I am working on a software addition to the website that will at least allow the organization of ships, and automate combat entirely. More to come on that once I've made some real progress, though.

I am also working on a storyline to be posted in the GCWIII timeline... featuring a fascist Imperial fragment :D

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2170 on: November 14, 2013, 01:51:38 PM »
A few more details...

- combat is automated (units arrive in system with hostile units, they automatically engage - possibly will be settings like 'full attack, retreat with losses, instant retreat' to be added).
- i want to have people keep track of their planets and do constructions and builds through this platform (which might open up opportunity to create units that generate money or other things, empire building etc)
- movement of units etc all done through this software

the software posts to the forum when shit happens. the idea is it works on a 24 hour clcok, every night at midnight, whatever actions you've made "happen" during the turn.

then the forum part is for the story writing etc, the software for the 'gaming' - no graphics really mind you, just admin menus and what not.

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #2171 on: November 14, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »
I....
Think I just made a mess in my pants
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2172 on: November 17, 2013, 08:54:43 AM »
Hey y'all. I'm still alive =) Just taking a break from the gaming and development and focusing my creative energies elsewhere (mainly music projects). Hope everyone is doing swell. I'll be "back" soon.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2173 on: November 25, 2013, 11:29:05 AM »
I'm still here, as usual. Work picked up for a while and, as Eid said, Rome 2 came out. (Nice to see someone else not ripping it. I've put so many hours into it, though I still can't get it to run in AMD crossfire without turning the campaign map blank.)

With the holidays now and the pace of my job relaxing, I think I'll be doing a little bit more posting. Should have time to put out a new SL post today actually. Can't let Sy, Med, and Rin have all the fun.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2174 on: November 25, 2013, 11:36:07 AM »
A few more details...

- combat is automated (units arrive in system with hostile units, they automatically engage - possibly will be settings like 'full attack, retreat with losses, instant retreat' to be added).
- i want to have people keep track of their planets and do constructions and builds through this platform (which might open up opportunity to create units that generate money or other things, empire building etc)
- movement of units etc all done through this software

the software posts to the forum when shit happens. the idea is it works on a 24 hour clcok, every night at midnight, whatever actions you've made "happen" during the turn.

then the forum part is for the story writing etc, the software for the 'gaming' - no graphics really mind you, just admin menus and what not.

Also, when you're ready to start an independent scifi 4x studio, say the word. I know nothing about coding but I'll at least write, test, learn some coding, and take a healthy cut of the profits.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue