Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793817 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1710 on: December 03, 2012, 01:22:52 PM »
guess I just dont understand the point behind taking 20,000 characters to say what could have been said in 300

The diff tween 20000 amd 300 is diff between a story and summary series of linked statements. Nuance makes the substance and feel.  Not that any of us are published authors but its nice to indulge in your interest and push yourself to put more into it.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1711 on: December 03, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »
Yes, sometimes like Hale said, you just lose yourself in the story or characters. Sometimes it just writes itself. There are times when I am toying with an idea that I will sit down at the laptop at home and just let my fingers fly and suddenly there is this massive post. The electric charge of creativity makes me happy. Love it.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1712 on: December 06, 2012, 09:22:02 AM »
So just a question here, but using Thyferra and Eriadu as an example, I still have scans for Rendili right?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1713 on: December 06, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »
I think we decided scans now last 7 days after ceasing? Yes?
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1714 on: December 06, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »
Err... uh, no. Last I was told all changes to the scan rules would be updated in GCW III. Unless there was a discussion I missed somewhere?

Online SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1715 on: December 06, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
No such ruling was made.

ERIADU:

Oct 30th - Last post dem had bases on surface (space already dead/disabled).
Nov 16th - Dem's probes allowed to exit as the system was previously scanned.
Nov 17th - Hale posts ruling allowing that Dementat "still has scans" from the 30th and before.

Ramano Requests some decision on how long scans last: http://www.swsimforum.com/index.php?topic=552.msg9972#msg9972

I can tfind any official post anywhere. I remember there being more discussion about this though I cant find it.

Online SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1716 on: December 06, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »
So going by previous ruling, scans last AT LEAST 18 days :)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1717 on: December 06, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
There we go.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

LordMaligan

« Reply #1718 on: December 06, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
just some two cents from a guy looking to be a part of the next evolution of this sim.
Im looking forward to it and everyone here looks talented and involved.

-The best sim I ever participated in found a way to combine honor simming and the typical math based battle formulas.

-Less is more.... the less burdensome a rule book the more active members and storylines become.

-The more time I spend constructing a post for battle and calculating shield damages (im not saying either should be avoided) the less time I spend recruiting members, creating story line, forming alliances, developing my sim.

I am a junior guy and will be up for ANY rule format .... I see you all have aleady discussed the next phase and I look forward to it. I trust you experience and wisdom. I just wanted to mention that my scrolling through the board suggests that the rules are on the more involved/complex side.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1719 on: December 06, 2012, 09:58:52 PM »
Valid points except:
- Some of us consider winning more important then honor. Half of the problems here.
- The no extra math has been beaten to death by both me and Dem.
- If your trusting in my wisdom, I hope you have a preference for high temperatures and suffering. Although I might add hell is rather pretty this time of year, lol.

Online SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1720 on: December 07, 2012, 07:07:41 AM »
Valid points except:
- Some of us consider winning more important then honor. Half of the problems here.
- The no extra math has been beaten to death by both me and Dem.
- If your trusting in my wisdom, I hope you have a preference for high temperatures and suffering. Although I might add hell is rather pretty this time of year, lol.

On point one: only you ramano :)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1721 on: December 07, 2012, 08:10:32 AM »
I will say this... GCW:III is not your AOL teenager's sim. I don't think it would have ever taken off back in the day simply because it's designed with such a small player base in mind, and it's going to give players equal portions of strategy (managing and planning operations for your faction) + tactical battles (using easy math but nuanced "paper-rock-scissor" dynamics between units) + storylines (there will be plenty of conflicts and opportunities for drama). Greg and I are working on making the game function so you can "be active as much as you want to be", because we all have adult commitments and responsibilities. WAIT, WHO SAID SWSF WASN'T "ADULT"? =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1722 on: December 07, 2012, 12:47:43 PM »
Actually Hale, the only real difference is the fact we require SLs for things, and each player commands more then 1 ship. Other then that, this is almost an exact copy of flashpoint, which is why I like it so much. You guys can bad mouth it all you want, flashpoint was the biggest, the first, and the best, and every sim since has been playing catch up to get back to it.

Online SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1723 on: December 07, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »
Flashpoint could be simplistic because back then simming was about the group dynamic - more role playing, interaction with other players.

Now there are no players, so its just about the tactics and stories we write.

So all our old rules which as bad as they could be were overshadowed by the group dynamic so always fine are not under more scrutiny as the game mechanics are now more important and central to things.

I still think an all-SL universe would be cool as balls but I dont think it would ever take off.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1724 on: December 08, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »
shut up you stupid hapan skank. ;p

nothing is worse than a self aware attractive woman, let alone an entire star cluster of them.  your lack of testosterone will be your undoing.

PS: your turbolasers suck  :-*
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:56:33 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death