Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793701 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1680 on: November 29, 2012, 11:38:07 PM »
Its the amount of data being transmitted, and again, your way relies on having something implanted into me to transmit the uploads. Not acceptable by current technology. But the amount of data that can be stored in a chemical matrix is far beyond anything we will ever be capable of electronically. So either we figure out how to make organic computers, which I am against with anything even close to our technology level, or you end up with a download thats potentially Attobytes in size. Remember, your brain can compress 70+yrs of knowledge, sights, sounds, smells, sensations, and memories into an 80Mb package. Unzipped, that file is beyond comprehension in size. Even at near instantaneous download speed, it would still take potentially hours. Hours that I would gladly spend in return for essential immortality. Of course it would all come to an end at some point, whether through my own hand or someone elses, or simply because ive lived to the end of the universe itself, it will still end. But at such time I will welcome said end with open arms, completely fulfilling everything that can be done, learning all that is learnable, and spending millenia pondering questions that have no meaning. Like if the glass is filled to completely and exactly half, to the nearest gluon, is it half full or half empty.

I believe every question has a definitive answer, you simply need to think of it. That is one of the few I can not definitively answer. I know, I drive philosophy professors absolutely batty. I had one in high school that was actually stupid enough to ask the question: If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around, does it make a sound? I answered yes, and I know because it made a sound when I was around, then went into a 35 minute physics rant on how the only way that tree could fall and NOT make a sound is if you were able to stabilize its cellular structure inside of a complete vacuum environment, and then, inside of the vacuum let it fall. Then and only then would it not make a sound. It was fine until I ended it with "And sir, if you can grow tree's on the moon you should call NASA instead of wasting our time with stupid ass analogies." What can I say, I was angry about being forced to take the stupid class as an elective anyway. Im a no grey area type of person, me and philosophy dont agree.

Edit: And I also fail to see how a persons demise, with such minute, blink of an eye lifespans we possess, could possibly be timely?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:46:00 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1681 on: November 30, 2012, 06:55:55 AM »
Just get Mobile.me and upload to the cloud, man.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1682 on: November 30, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »
EVERYTHING IS GREY!

Philosophy is the art and dissection of the process of thought.  The Tree analogy is not ever meant to be taken in to consideration with regards to physics, it's about considering perspective and ultimately encouraging detachment from the human.  Answering in the method which you profess merely displays a lack of depth of thought or ability to contextualize, and of course musing about in ones own faux intellectual feces ;)

Kind of like I'm doing now.  :D

PS: BAH HUMBUG!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:10:23 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1683 on: November 30, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »
No, everything is not grey, and I personally believe its people who try to run around saying "well this is this... unless" is part of the problems we face as a society. What you speak of is justification, not philosophy. Its only a grey area when you need to try to justify doing something you know is unpopular. Take rules for instance, there is no grey area in breaking a rule, either you did or you didnt. Why, how, the reasons are irrelevant. Yes, perhaps you were justified in what you did, but it doesnt change the fact you did it, and that is not a grey area. Your argument says "well its ok because..." and im not debating that, im debating the you did or didnt aspect of it.

And my answer shows none of what you said except to a person looking to find fault. The only thing it showed was I find irrelevant questioning that pertains to nothing, an offensive waste of time. And the fact I would take the time to go into such detail only goes to contradict your assessment of it. The fact of the matter is, if people are hurt and dying, your perspective on the matter means absolutely nothing. Either you will go help said people, or you will not. There is no grey area in that. I think if someone is dying and your in a position to help them, they arnt really going to care what your motive for it is.

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1684 on: November 30, 2012, 01:40:28 PM »
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1685 on: November 30, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »
Bahahahaa! So gray.  8)
Syren

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1686 on: November 30, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
Also, I think the Character Lounge is a great idea. It's a resource for everyone to familiarize themselves with other characters and backstory if and when their own character intends to interact with them. Love it.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1687 on: November 30, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »
Spelling is not my care. You know damn well what im typing on here so nyah! ;p

Edit: And Med, we also spelled Aluminium wrong so does that mean we should stay wrong just to be us, or should we maybe do something to correct ourselves. lol
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:10:37 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1688 on: November 30, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »
Human, All Too Human. :'(

We need more alien perspective!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:17:08 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1689 on: November 30, 2012, 02:41:46 PM »
Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1690 on: November 30, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
Im about as close as your going to get until actual aliens show up.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1691 on: November 30, 2012, 03:06:06 PM »
Keep that Jean-Luc reference bullshit out of here Hale!  I'll have no actual science mixed with my science fantasy/fiction!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1692 on: November 30, 2012, 03:56:27 PM »
HAHA!  ;)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1693 on: December 01, 2012, 09:25:19 PM »
...and that's an SL wrap. Been a while since I broke that darned 20,000 character maximum! huzzah
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1694 on: December 02, 2012, 02:17:34 PM »
well done arc good sir!
~J
SWSF 'til Death