Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793558 times)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1620 on: November 21, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »
The world is only as terrible as we make it. However, the horror that has been the last twenty four hours must be mentioned. I welcomed IT-Guy's parents and sibling yesterday afternoon into my brand spanking new home which was flawessly decorated by my interior designer. They were impressed and lavished praise on the both of us for blending our two styles together in a way that worked well in the spaces. The teenager mumbled something about how its far too big for a couple who does not have children which I politely ignored. Things were going great until dinner when, after glancing up from her Breaking Dawn book (which she had not put down all afternoon), she tells me I'm a lush and that my skirt is too short. Keep in mind this girl looks like she got into a brawl with Hot Topic and lost. I had taken two sips of my first glass of wine. Her parents were already on their second cocktail. IT-Guy was nursing a Nitro Milk Stout. I envisioned throwing the wine in her face, smashing the glass into a weapon and stabbing her violently in the throat and watching her bleed all over the greasy pasta she ordered but found something that would hurt much worse. I smiled sweetly while glaring and leaned across the table to say.

"You'll never get a guy like Edward."

From the look on her face, it did exactly the kind of damage I had intended. She said nothing for the rest of the evening.

*sigh

Thanksgiving will be epic. I made brine which the turkey will soak in tonight. God Bless the Food Network Website. I'd be lost without Alton and Giada. I'm determined to make this work, despite the misgivings of my fiance's dreadfully unpopular sister. She may think she's edgy and clever but bitch ain't gonna step in my house.

I hope everyone's holiday is wonderful!
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1621 on: November 21, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »
You stupid gringos and your silly holidays. We are thankful for NOTHING in Chile! NOTHING!

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1622 on: November 21, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »
And it is why Med's christian god continues to smite you with devastating earthquakes and tsunami's!!!

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1623 on: November 21, 2012, 03:04:17 PM »
And uhh Syren... your just lucky thats some teenage girl. Im not sure you've ever had to deal with someone who can really fire them off. Upon your statement my reply would have instantly been "As opposed to you marrying my brother! Way to prove a point!"

Snap... I'd have gotten a 2 for 1.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1624 on: November 21, 2012, 03:38:41 PM »
Not really a dis when it-guy is both hot and brilliant. She's not quick enough to come at me with something witty, especially with a style that my industry would call a disaster. She hates me only because I represent the kids at her school that shun her for not conforming. And that's fine with me. If you don't play the game, you will never win. The world is superficial and cruel partly because I keep it that way. It separates those who can adapt to survive from those who cannot. She will either get with the program or get trampled over. Her parents and her brother love me and that's all that matters in the end. Soon I will be family and She will suffer dearly if there is opposition. And before you get on your soapbox for the oppressed masses, ramano, remember that I'm evil and unlikely to be swayed by the cries of those outside our target demographics. I would really do well in the corporate sector.

:-*
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1625 on: November 21, 2012, 05:20:35 PM »
The world is only as terrible as we make it.

we make it pretty god damn awful, not individually so much, but as a whole

It separates those who can adapt to survive from those who cannot.

Misconception.  Most who do not conform choose not to.  Survival on the fringes is more rewarding to some than coexistence in the core.  Not that I'm assigning any particular merit to "counter-culture" that conformity may not also possess.  Granted we're all conforming to something, no idea's original.

You stupid gringos and your silly holidays. We are thankful for NOTHING in Chile! NOTHING!

Texas called and they want their flag back! ;p

also this, Chilean Sea Bass, I can see why!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:31:06 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1626 on: November 21, 2012, 05:44:26 PM »
::SHUDDER::
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1627 on: November 21, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »
deliciousness

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1628 on: November 23, 2012, 09:12:14 AM »
Well, lol... that's not far off from what the wifey and I did this year: wood-fire grilled Alaskan salmon. Red meat of the sea.

We both hate turkey, because just like grits you have to give it TLC in order for it to taste good.

In other "Proquel" (Yes, that's the hipster word for the new SW Trilogy) News: Lawrence Kasdan is returning to the stable.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=26728&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+worstpreviews%2Fheadlines-30+%28WorstPreviews.com+-+Headlines+%2830+most+recent%29%29&utm_content=FaceBook
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 09:16:17 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1629 on: November 23, 2012, 09:17:17 AM »
Good writers.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1630 on: November 23, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »
i had a 13lb bird with red and granny smith apple quarters shoved up it's butt, slap basted with a little bit of veg oil and sprinkled generously with thyme and sage and holding some butter patties in various crevices, cooked in one of them reynolds oven bags (never fails, turkey always done thoroughly moist nice n brown in hour less than normal cook time)

and i wasn't aware grits could taste good, then again I'm not fond of most anything i was introduced to in jail

and Kasdan yay, hoping for some of the Shadows of Empire (one of better original Expanded Uni materials) provenance to show, not sure about that Kinberg guy though personally.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1631 on: November 23, 2012, 11:13:23 AM »
Kinberg has some sins and some successes... xXx:State of the Union, Mr and Mrs Smith, Jumper ..... but Sherlock Holmes was great.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1632 on: November 23, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
Next year, im ordering catering for thanksgiving, thats too much fucking work, lmao.

And Eid, im not eating anything that I call a slang term for dirt. Grits... lol.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1633 on: November 24, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »
it seems like a worse version of oatmeal to me

death to U of M btw.

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member