Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794700 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #645 on: July 03, 2012, 01:58:12 PM »
Think of how long it would take in order to capture an average PDF planet forcibly (2 platforms, small fleet, 800 ground units, etc). Chances are, you'd take 1 day to scan, 1 day to move into the system, 2-3 days to kill all the space defenses, and then another 2-3 days to kill all the ground defenses. At minimum we're looking at a week... for an average PDF planet.

Diplomacy should easily be twice as long since you get the added benefit of not sustaining any losses. So this puts us at roughly two weeks, which according to your argument Ramano... I would agree with. Acion Day to Action Day is very "simple", BUT think of the bonuses you get with doing the Diplomacy Mission... the Galactic Free Trade Association (100 KCs/Action Day) plus 1000 KCs cash money at the end.

All that is worth 20 days!

Diplomacy Mission stands as is!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #646 on: July 03, 2012, 02:42:02 PM »
I have to side with keeping it as it is. And I expect to be more diplomatic than belligerent, but it makes sense that getting a planet without any losses would take longer.

Though also, it can't be just show up and the counter starts, like Eid is saying. Gotta be more effort.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #647 on: July 03, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »
I think the milestones aren't just ticking off a clock, but also involve working via storyline with your Hero to negotiate. I guess I assume that is the case, anyway. And everyone here loves writing stories so... yah :P

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #648 on: July 03, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »
yes, I read more thorough and you do have to engage with new SL posts for each milestone.  Sounds good overall.

Ram can't sting together that many words in a row.   jk dude ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:57:19 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #649 on: July 03, 2012, 03:19:25 PM »
Yeah I had a complete misconception of what the diplomacy mission was, after seeing it in more understanding and detail, thats not in my cards at the moment. Got other SLs im working on if I want to SL. And seeing as my ground is basically defenseless, im gunna need to keep my fleet around for a minute.

And someone delete the bakura thread please, thank you.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #650 on: July 03, 2012, 03:37:13 PM »
Will do.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #651 on: July 03, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »
Just FYI I contacted Empier to see if I can get the nav computer included in the new forum as well.  I need to edit the code a smidgen to get it there.

Still NO ONE HAS RESPONDED TO ME re: the table of reference vs combat calculator!

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #652 on: July 03, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »
I do everything longhand, so I have no preference.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #653 on: July 03, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »
same, i wouldn't be inclined to use it really but if it makes you smurfy
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #654 on: July 03, 2012, 06:15:03 PM »
Im just going to make a list of UCRs for myself then as that is all i need :P

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #655 on: July 03, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »
Spreadsheet with all units UCR, weapon damages, damage tolerances, etc. Bookmark it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ankeb2DRreTjdE52SGZMdUszcjdFMDB3akMzRHJqY3c

Note: You can sort the columns and what not, right click on them or go to the menu after highlighting the column you want to sort by!

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #656 on: July 04, 2012, 12:35:14 AM »
I got some throwback questions for everybody: What was the first ship you ever remember commanding? What was your most favorite ship you commanded? Etc.

This was all in GR: I remember my first command was an Interdictor Cruiser, and I think that lasted a couple weeks until I was deemed worthy enough for a VSD of all things. After a while I got to fly the Royal Guard Star Destroyer...which was pretty badass.

I think my favorite ship was the ISD-III Nightmare. Not only did I design the ISD-III for the GE, but I got to command the first one built, which I named the Nightmare (due to its scary ship-to-ship weapons among other things). Interestingly enough, when I took a break from simming, the Nightmare wound up being captured by the NR and was converted into a Republic ISD. After I came back to simming, I joined the NR and guess what ship they gave me. =) This of course made for some good SL material, lol.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #657 on: July 04, 2012, 01:06:49 AM »
Technically, my first ship was an Interdictor who's name I can not remember. I was recruited on the fly by KSingle97, who had found me in the AOL: Spacewars chatroom, to the Remnants of the Empire in AoR. My ship was quickly destroyed, as I had no experience yet. I was then given a Lictor-class Imperial Dungeon Ship, who's name I also forget, which I controlled for a very long time.

My favorite ship was the Lair-class Star Destroyer I had designed for LotF. That was when we had customized flagships. It was a large ship designated as a fleet carrier command ship. I believe it was my original Pallida Mors.

*Update* Found her in my old e-mails along with the LotF Warbook.
Lair-class Star Destroyer
Tech Owner: SMBeast
Cost: Unique
Build Time: Unique
Length: 5,850 meters
Crew: 150,000
Ground Troops:
    20,000 Stormtroopers
    20 AT-ATs
    40 AT-STs
    10 Landing Barges
    1 Prefabricated Garrison
Hyperdrive: x2
Manuverability: 1
Sublight Speed: 1
Shields: 4,388 per arc
Armor: 11,700 total
Systems: 11,700
Weapon Systems:
 150 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons
    Arc: 60 Bow, 45 Port, 45 Starboard
    Optimal: Bow- 75%
 120 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries
    Arc: 56 Bow, 32 Port, 32 Starboard
 40 Heavy Ion Cannons:
    Arc: 20 Bow, 10 Port, 10 Starboard
 40 Quad Laser Cannons
    Arc: 14 Bow, 8 Port, 8 Starboard, 10 Stern
    Optimal: Port/Starboard- 50%
 8 Missile Launchers
    Arc: 100% All
    Warheads: 250 Concussion Missiles
 20 Tractor Beam Projectors
    Arc: 12 Bow, 4 Port, 4 Starboard
    Optimal: Bow- 100%
Sensor Systems:
    Level III Sensor
    Level III Transmitter
    Level II Jammer
Launch Bays: 1 Medium, 2 Large
Onboard Craft:
 60 TIE Fighters         8 Lambda-class Shuttles
 24 TIE Interceptors   5 Stormtrooper Transports
 24 TIE Bombers         4 Combat Utility Vehicles
 24 Assault Gunboats  12 TIE Avengers
Special Capabilities / Notes: Operates as a flagship. It has fair weapon capacity for it's size, but is not considered a full combat vessel.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:25:08 AM by Dementat »
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #658 on: July 04, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »
The MC-80 Danaan back on day 3 of flashpoint in may 1994. This is when battles were still done in chatrooms with dice, lol. Poor walker lost his WSSD to me parking inside of his engine wells and opening fire inside his shields lmao! (We had 6 OGFs, we were allowed to do such things with a good enough story) You guys dont know what simming is until you've done it on AOL 1.0 in DOS format with a 2400bps modem. Those were the good ol days of simming.

My favorite ship would have been about 4 months later shortly after orchestrating the assault that captured the HSSD from the IGE. (HAHA Dravin! You know you remember that!) Tillek ordered me into an imperial controlled system by myself trying to get me killed and I took out Laswell, Cygnus, couple other no name people in the MC-90 Ghettysburg. My crowning achievement in flashpoint, 1 MC-90 vs 1 ISD IID, 1 ISD III, 2 ISD I's. Killed all 4 of them and survived with 24hull points remaining. That or my RSFC I had in Galactic Rhelms that I chased laswells SSD around with for 2 weeks, lmao!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:49:58 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #659 on: July 04, 2012, 09:01:26 AM »
I believe my first sim uni was actually New Horizons (version 1). I was in the NR with AckbarTB and I believe I had a wing of star fighters in the first fight and then was promoted to an MC60 or possibly a Fleet Carrier... I remember Ackbar had the SSD Lusankya at the time. I would get back from school and coordinate with everyone for the battle posts, planning in chat rooms. It was great back then! A dozen per side in just a single battle, maybe two dozen per side active in the sims, multiple sims raising hell all over. I went to AE after that and I think was briefly in the RA there but then later was in SRI with Ackbar again, but by that time simming had taken a turn towards inactivity for some reason.