Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794726 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #630 on: July 02, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »
I been to Madison for Wisconsin Concrete Paving Association hooplas and in to port on Lake Freighters at Green Bay.  I preferred seeing it from boat, safe distance =)

Then again my day to day work routine takes me to southwest Detroit proper so *shrug*
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #631 on: July 02, 2012, 07:50:23 PM »
those crickets are deafening! where is everyone?

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #632 on: July 02, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »
I may get in a post tonight or during work tomorrow, but it's just poor timing with the holiday. Ironically, I'll be able to get in a post or two Wednesday morning for sure. After that, I'm off hiking the next weekend, but then I'm solid.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #633 on: July 02, 2012, 08:04:22 PM »
I'll be active. Had riots two days in a row, so I haven't been able to get out of work at a decent hour.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:08:01 AM by Dementat »
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #634 on: July 03, 2012, 11:03:03 AM »
Erasmar I think your collection missed a few things. Your starting stuff should have given you more then 25KC alone... Hale he might need some help.

Also ive noticed the missions section of the rules for hero units is gone. I would like to start a diplomacy mission at Bakura?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:09:13 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #635 on: July 03, 2012, 11:22:47 AM »
Diplomacy posted under Bakura. I wasn't able to finish adding Missions to the rules before launch. Diplomacy and Conquest is done, so I need to write the Jedi/Sith missions now.

Also a note to everyone... you get 2000 KCs to BUILD facilities, NOT 2000 KCs worth of facilities that are already PRE-BUILT.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #636 on: July 03, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
That makes no sense, cause then how did we already have the Sector bases? Keep in mind we cant build anything else without them, so we are talking a month to actually get facilities, the 2000KC needs to come pre-built or we'll be here forever.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #637 on: July 03, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »
You get the Sector Base right off the bat, so really we're only talking a WEEK at most to sit on your ass and wait for everything else to build. That's not a tall order.

Work with me on this one. It'll add some "realism" to the game.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #638 on: July 03, 2012, 11:30:45 AM »
Ohhh... ok nvm, I misunderstood what you meant. Well im gunna need to re-work a couple posts then, no biggy. BTW, diplomacy takes too long, so we are just gunna have to duke it out for bakura.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #639 on: July 03, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
Also some time to get everything set up, no problems here.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #640 on: July 03, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »
Lowered Diplomacy to 5 Days for each Milestone. Later on if your Hero becomes badass, you get a -3 Milestone modifier if I'm not mistaken, so that will take it down to 2 days for each milestone minimum (granted you have other things to do, but at least the time requirement is short).

20 Days is pretty good to get a system for free without casualties.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #641 on: July 03, 2012, 11:46:25 AM »
Oh I definitely missed the boat on the 2000 kc not being pre-built too. I'll re-do my post eventually. Also, the only facility that gets me any credits is the Delta base, unless I'm really missing something. Is there another thread for facilities somewhere other than the independent specs?
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #642 on: July 03, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »
I think it should just go action day to action day. You start dip, then at the end of that action period the planet is yours. Remember, there is supposed to be like 6 months in between action periods game time, I dont recall diplomatic alliances between nations to ever take over a year, after a couple months its either gunna happen or its not.

So for example of what im talking about:
7/3/12 fleet exits at Bakura begins diplomacy
7/15/12 planet now belongs to RA but not counted for money generation (things just happened, takes time to get stuff in place)
8/1/12 planet is now counted for money generation

Now, this takes just as long to pull off as your stuff already in place BUT it doesnt involve the player having to keep his character and fleet in place for an entire month to do it. We would only have to remain until the next action day, and the second action day for money generation is too keep people from going in on say the 14th or 30th and starting diplomacy to quick gain a money boost the next day.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #643 on: July 03, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »
15 days isnt enough to win a planet without any losses only via diplomacy (unless its a high level LEADER). I think the schedule Hale has laid out is fine, and leaves room for lots of writing, even if your playing in restricted free time (I know we all have lots of responsibilities outside of this).

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #644 on: July 03, 2012, 01:13:47 PM »
Perhaps simply a hardcap, saying you can diplomatically only align one free world with your faction per month and that it requires significant "back and forth" role-playing activity.  To say you can just show up and be like "ok, start the count down, in X # of days it's mine and I don't have to do anything else cept wait around" is a little bunk in my book.  Maybe in some situations if your writing is lackluster and your premises make no sense, you get penalized with a "uprising" or "resistance" where the GM (hale) controls a local (indep) light-modest force that you have to fight off in order to keep it.

Just brainstorming.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:54:45 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death