Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794734 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »
I like that, leave bombardment as 'blanket attack' - and it would enrage the planet too so thats a turn off. Mayeb 10,000 points is too low though.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2012, 10:18:13 PM »
I like this idea a lot actually, more so then removing it all together. So something that looks like this:

Bombardment special attack blah blah blah, takes all of your ships and may be your only action. Does 10,000 damage to a grid space to be distributed among all units in the grid (kill one move to next) facilities take damage first. (Hey why couldnt troops take cover in the buildings and sewers and what not.) G-Space #X Destroyed: Grid space is converted into a "Wasteland" (-1 UCR and half move for infantry and vehicles). Do not figure UCR into this attack. (that should take care of 10,000pts not being enough)

Then, we could think about adding an interesting aspect with that, say any grid space that takes 3 bombardments in a single battle becomes uninhabitable, untraversable wasteland. Then you really could "kill" a planet if you so chose. Just think, you get all 3 of you imp people you really could pull a BDZ manuver. Not sure if thats a good idea, but ultimately the game is playing for a real end so, perhaps it could be fun. Adds a civilization type aspect to it I think.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:34:21 PM by Ramano »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #527 on: June 26, 2012, 10:30:48 PM »
We could also if we allow total destruction of ground grids, add something like 2000KC + 14Days to "rebuild" a grid space to be habitable after it was destroyed. (IE: you can build on it again) Not sure I see a use for it unless someone decides to go absolutely crazy with the bombardments (no I swear to god I will NEVER use this tactic, not bombardment, but total destruction manuver, im playing a rebel for godsake. Yeah a bit loose with collateral damage, but not genocidal. I cleared out Drev'strad before I blew it up if you recall.) or perhaps one of the hapan players as they are pretty xenophobic and like to stay behind the veil so they might want their planet back. Still, a fun idea to play with anyway.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #528 on: June 26, 2012, 10:41:35 PM »
Well, say 2000KC + 14 days for a destroyed grid space
500KC + 7 days for a damaged grid space (took less then 3 bombardments)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #529 on: June 26, 2012, 10:47:05 PM »
10,000 is a lot... even for my +10% attack ISD-II...we're looking at 1210 points every 24 hours, which means in 9 Days I'd be able to nuke one grid space. 36 Days for the whole planet.

Chances are, I'd nuke one grid space while my troops handle the action in another to speed up the conquest.

Or we make Bombardment more like the Armor/Hull concept with capital ships.

10,000 points to wipe the grid clean, and another 10,000 to Wasteland it permanently.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #530 on: June 26, 2012, 11:25:21 PM »
I wouldnt distriebute damage ... Instead damage applies to surface only... At 10k, everything still on surface = dead. Me likey this set up

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #531 on: June 26, 2012, 11:48:07 PM »
In other news....

Hapes Consortium
+ Star Home added to the specs.
+ Royal-class Super Battle Dragon added to the specs (to simulate Prince Isolder's Song of War).
- Charubah Fleet Carrier weapons toned down.
+ Hero unit added: Hapan Royal Officer (more bang for the buck in terms of abilities).
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #532 on: June 27, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »
Hop, you cant just deal 10,000 damage to every unit in the grid space, nothing could survive that, where as things would most certainly survive a bombardment. But seriously I like the idea of bombardment being a special attack that does a set amount of damage, otherwise im in favor of just doing away with it completely.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #533 on: June 27, 2012, 09:06:01 AM »
Thats the idea. You are making the grid space a wasteland. Anyway. I am leaving this in Hales hands. I dont want to have a debate about it.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #534 on: June 27, 2012, 09:22:28 AM »
HGM Card played -- here's the new rule:

Orbital Bombardment or "Base Delta Zero"
Orbital Bombardment is a special attack that Star Destroyers, Mon Calamari Cruisers, and Dauntless Heavy Cruisers can perform that is capable of destroying all units, facilities, and terrain features of a G-grid space by inflicting 10,000 damage on it. Orbital Bombardment must be conducted in the A-Ring and only Turbolaser-type weapons can be used. (When attacking a Planetary Shield, all weapons can be used). As a special feature to the Victory-I Star Destroyer, it may fire its concussion missiles, but no other capital ship may fire any other warheads during Orbital Bombardment. Once the 10,000 damage is done to a G-grid space, it becomes a "Wasteland" (UCR -1 to all infantry and vehicles). Once all G-grid spaces have been bombarded into Wastelands, the planet looses its special features and characteristics. If Orbital Bombardment is canceled an a G-grid space still has any number of terrain points remaining, the G-grid space regenerates at a rate of 1000 terrain points per day. While a G-grid space is regenerating, no facilities or units can be built on it.

Example:
VNSD Venator holds position at A-1 and fires 10 DHTCs at G-1 for 200 damage. G-1 now has 9800 terrain points remaining.
49 Days later... the Venator finishes off G-1 with a final Orbital Bombardment of 200 points, reducing its terrain to 0.
G-1 is now a Wasteland permanently.

Example 2:
VSD Victory fires 10 QTCLs, 40 DLTLs, and 80 CMs at G-1 for 960 damage. G-1 now has 9040 terrain points remaining.
7 Days later... the Victor fires another round but is forced to retreat, leaving G-1 with 2320 terrain points remaining.
8 Days later... G-1 regenerates 8000 terrain points and is at full strength again. Host player may now rebuild facilities there.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #535 on: June 27, 2012, 09:29:39 AM »
This part is unclear: " that is capable of destroying all units, facilities, and terrain features of a G-grid space by inflicting 10,000 damage on it."

Does that mean that after 10,000 is inflicted, all UNITS (troops/gavs/etc) & FACILITIES are DESTROYED as in poof, now they are gone? Because later it sounds like it just makes UCR ratings drop: "Once the 10,000 damage is done to a G-grid space, it becomes a "Wasteland" (UCR -1 to all infantry and vehicles). Once all G-grid spaces have been bombarded into Wastelands, the planet looses its special features and characteristics"

This is the confusion for me :)

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #536 on: June 27, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »
I think it's UCR -1 for infantry and vehicles that try to use the wasteland after the land has been wasted as such.

I will now inspect these new specs and hope that the Charubah hasn't been completely nerfed.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #537 on: June 27, 2012, 12:13:28 PM »
Destroy the Ground first.... anything still present is nuked.

Any units that come back to the Wasteland are UCR -1.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #538 on: June 27, 2012, 12:15:13 PM »
Ok thats always how i've understood that. Love it.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
So much new math!!!! And who is keeping track of all these numbers? Remember, with this amount of people playing there could be a lot of planets eating a lot of bombardment, and thats gunna be a lot of time updated everything to make sure it stays current. Im not doing all that.

And I still say we just do away with bombardments or there will never be any ground combat. I know im not putting my troops on the ground if its just a fish in a barrel scenario. I guess if you wanna spend a month and a half blasting away at my planet to kill it, whatever but it is what it is. I just say if your going to make it so difficult to destroy a planetary grid space, why even bother with the rules to do it at all, a waste of page space in my opinion. Just make it something that can be done or dont worry about it. Your getting into ultra-complexifying (gotta love kings english) what should be a simple do or do not thing. It was just supposed to be a fun idea, I didnt realize you guys would go into trying to assign grid spaces with hps and what not. I retract my statement on it and strike it from the record.