Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794532 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2012, 09:33:33 PM »
Yeah I think the Revised Combat Rules bring balance to the Force. I understand Dem is out of town until this weekend, so I'd like to take the time now to tidy up the rules and do a "soft launch" of the Uni on Monday perhaps. Do we see any other issues with the mock? I'm not sure if there are any more lessons to be learned from it.

I think the economy still needs some work. I did some number crunching and this is what our setup will most likely be:
1. Cut scrapping payout to 25% Cost as opposed to 50%. Captured ships will be a fatter 75% (to encourage Salvage).
2. Adjust starfighter prices to x2 original. (TIE Fighter would cost 40 KCs, X-Wings would be 100 KCs).

Under these conditions, a player attempting to refurnish his ESC would pay 230 KCs. If he used a "scrap and re-buy" method, the scrapped ESC would render him 75 KCs, leaving the remaining 225 KCs to be paid out of pocket...just a mere 5 KC differential. Similarly, replacing a QFBC loadout would run 300 KCs, or the player could "scrap and re-buy" to get 100 KCs out the old QFBC, and then put 300 KCs into the pot for a new one to get fresh stock X-Wings. It's the same either way.

If for some reason a player took an MC80 into combat and lost all the onboard units, this would run him something like 3000+ KCs to build replacements, so in this situation "scrap and re-buy" would get him 475 KCs to put towards a new MC80, which he'd have to pay 1475 KCs for -- and even with our liberal paycheck system that is still a lot of money to burn. Not to mention the player will be sitting on his ass for the next 14 days waiting for the MC80 to rebuild, which pretty much says "attack me now", and that's all of course if the player had a good chunk of change stashed away to cover the rebuild cost to begin with...

The checkbook has finally been balanced. Bam!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2012, 11:03:04 PM »
Well, I would have to say just because you have no fleet really doesnt mean anything. Take Endor for instance, we have an MC-90 just sitting here at all time, thats not including the NR PDF stationed there, then even after you get past that, Hale you know for a fact I got 1000 squads of troopers down there. Hardly defenseless.

Also, I think we should do another mock using the revised rules, as well as someone find out what happened to Gall. I know he was having family medical issues and as much as I had my issues with him, it might be considerate to wait for him if he has some time and feels the need to escape reality for a bit. However, we need to limit the launch to SLing only until Dem gets back or he will throw a ramano level fit. Which, I can understand as I would do the same thing lol.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #362 on: June 07, 2012, 12:14:08 AM »
I agree that the "Soft Launch" of the Uni should be SL-only until everybody is go for launch. We only have 4 players. It would be a shame to leave people at the starting line.

What's funny is there probably won't be enough players combined to challenge the SSD at Coruscant, so this game basically can't be won. There are enough defenses at a stronghold to keep players on the offensive, so it will take some coordination for sure. Combined with the Reserve Fleet Force units, players could time an assault properly.

But that's what those Flashpoints and Epic Quests are for. Players might be able to unlock bonus units or something to get an advantage over somebody's defense. (Think "Sabotage" on the scale of blowing up a Golan once you enter the system).
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #363 on: June 07, 2012, 11:07:25 AM »
Well its not JUST 4 players though. Arnt there neutral factions and what not flying around too? I always assumed for an assault against the SSD I could SL the help of the Hapans and what not. I know what a Charuba can do to an SSD when it gets behind it, lol. Ask Laswell, hahaha!

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #364 on: June 07, 2012, 11:14:36 AM »
Laswell's hubris abides.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2012, 11:45:25 AM »
Err... ok help me out here, I been staring at that post for half an hour now and I cant for the life of me figure out what you meant. I know what the words mean but the context makes no sense. Laswells ego obeys? I dont get it... ?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #366 on: June 07, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »
Damn havn't you seen The Big Lebowski? "THE DUDE ABIDES MAN". Abide also means "withstand, withold, wait, endure, remain, dwell".

If we ever do get up to a Battle of Coruscant in this game, it will be fucking epic.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #367 on: June 07, 2012, 12:40:52 PM »
Uhh no, Ive never seen it personally, though I have a great article on it in one of my bathroom readers. Lebowski 101: Bowling and what have you. As far as movies are concerned if it takes place on earth, im probably not watching it.

Oh and on a lighter note, you guys will only have to deal with my DNA until 2023. I've signed my family up to be one of the first mars colonists. In the words of Eric Cartman... "Screw you guys, im goin home!" And to answer your next concern, yes its a 1 way ticket so there will be no chance of me ever making it back. Well in a single life-time anyway. After 7 months on a spaceship i'll probably never want to be on one again with in the next 1000 years. LMAO!

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #368 on: June 07, 2012, 08:01:34 PM »
You know what's funny? Watching Star Wars in German. I keep thinking the Empire is the Third Reich; and that Han Solo Indiana Jones is the pilot of the Millennium Falcon.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:16:46 AM by GCW Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #369 on: June 07, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »
Know what's even funnier? That Ramano had trouble grasping the word 'abide.' Stick to the monosyllabic or try grunts and snorts. I hear that's what they use in his neck of the back woods.  ;)
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #370 on: June 08, 2012, 08:19:57 AM »
I live barely an hour outside of downtown chicago are you serious lol! And this coming from the woman who lives in Colorado, which has even less population then Wisconsin, yet im the hillbilly? Your the one who lives in mountain country girly. And I did know what the word meant, I just didnt understand the context due to the fact it was an inaccurate statement. Nothing of his remains as I ate his soul. Thus using the word abides to mean withstanding or enduring wouldnt apply to this situation, thus explaining my confusion to the statement. That and the fact i've never seen the movie he's referring too.

So by all means retreat back into your land of blackberries and texting code while you comment on my grammatical abilities. Let me guess, a typical goodbye for you is ttyl? Thats not very proper either, I hope you dont type you business stuff in that. However it might explain the state of the economy due to big business. ;)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #371 on: June 10, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »
I live seven minutes outside of downtown Denver. You know, the city. With the buildings in the people. Mountain country, maybe. More like high plains, bitch! A mile high. And you are insane if you think I use things like brb and ttyl in my actual life. We joke about them in social settings but they have no place in business, big or small. I support both. Cuz I can have it both ways. I've bought the rights.  8)
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #372 on: June 10, 2012, 08:13:11 PM »
Need to take that money and buy some consideration, some manners, and some honor lmao! And whats really funny is you consider denver a big city. Its got what 600,000 or 700,000 people? Chicago, 3 million bitch, and our buildings are still taller then yours, and your 1000 feet higher above sea level then us lol. Its ok though, the country bumpkins always think their city is big till they get to a real city. ;)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #373 on: June 10, 2012, 10:17:49 PM »
I'm from Los Angeles, Mister. I know what a big city is.  :-*
Syren

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #374 on: June 10, 2012, 10:19:14 PM »
I like that everyone in my city isn't trying to kill each other, like Chicago ;-)
(\/)ighty RE