Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793942 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #2340 on: July 25, 2015, 09:37:42 PM »
WTF is a Vassal?

And I'm here!  Just got a little too focused on a break spell, not to be confused with a spell break.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2341 on: July 26, 2015, 07:24:40 AM »
WTF is a Vassal?

And I'm here!  Just got a little too focused on a break spell, not to be confused with a spell break.

Great!

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2342 on: July 26, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2343 on: September 09, 2015, 08:33:53 PM »
How is everyone?

So episode VII is getting closer.

Offline Bishio

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2344 on: September 10, 2015, 07:58:05 AM »
VII is so close.  Foaming at the mouth.

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2345 on: September 13, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »
Woah.. It finally let me log in on my phone.  I'm guessing I'm the only one who thinks VII is going to be worse than the prequels?
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2346 on: September 13, 2015, 11:11:49 PM »
Nothing can be worse than Jar Jar. And although I was somewhat miffed they essentially related the books to non canon, I have a feeling this will bring the franchise back to its character roots.
Syren

Offline Bishio

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2347 on: September 14, 2015, 06:18:36 AM »
I will say I have my doubts it will be as magical as the original trilogy.  Hollywood and general movie making was just better during that era and rose tinted glasses will certainly have an effect on 3 of my all time favorite films.  But JJ isn't know for JarJar type of characters and we all know he makes amazing action packed movies.  The prequels suffered from JarJar and huge action droughts.  I do suspect that it will feel different then the first 6.  I expect a lot of screen flares and unnecessary cosmetic changes to established Star Wars styles.  JJ does that.  He did it in Star Trek.  For me the make it or break it will center around how old cast members are used.  If they are there to simply be exploited I will be disappointed with the films.  If they play a reasonable role that makes sense in all likelihood I will happy.  Because with that aside I expect top grade special effects and action told with Star Wars lore.  At its roots Star Wars is a simple tale told a million different ways.  Keep it simple.  Keep the action going.  Don't over 2015 it with shaggy sex or pop culture horse shit and I think it will be pretty good.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2348 on: September 14, 2015, 01:25:21 PM »
  Being normally a furry little ball of cynicism, I am surprised with myself for being 110% optimistic for Ep VII.

More excited for Ep VII now than I was for Ep I back in the day.  Not only because I have faith in Disney and Abrams, but because I don't feel the looming expectation of nostalgia over it either. 

The most recent Marvel Star Wars comic book series is a prelude to Ep VII.  It is the first of the new "canon" material that takes place after destruction of death star- in fact, the first page or so of panels out of it take place just before the Death Star II goes boom.

Star Wars Journey to the Force Awakens - Shattered Empire (mouthful!)

There is a nice amount of Ewok presence in it, actually a 'Wok sequence that got a good verbal chuckle out of me to  ;D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:28:13 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Bishio

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2349 on: September 14, 2015, 03:29:29 PM »
I need to check out the new cannon stuff.  I have been so slacking on that.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2350 on: September 14, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »
I agree about the original characters. They need to be utilized in a meaningful way since we are so endeared to their struggle...but it is also set a considerable time in the future. Much has happened since we last saw them. I'm not saying they should gloss over it in some cheesy montage. It deserves proper respect, a respect I think JJ will show them. I want them to be more than figures to pass the torch but that will happen. They may be primary in the first movie but the newer cast will grow into the a more central role in the 8th and 9th installments.

I wonder if Rey (if that's actually her name as I suspect they are covering to not reveal too much of her heritage) will mean to kids today as Leia meant to me as a child.

Her hair was, like, a cornerstone of my youth.  :-*
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2351 on: September 16, 2015, 07:45:59 PM »
I also think it will be good. It will be different and new but I think it will be a fun entertaining movie in the spirit of the original. The prequels were terrible and not in the same spirit whatsoever.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #2352 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »
Hey y'all! Big stuff happening here on the forum! Hop, Eid, and myself are excited to present to you "Tales from Hutt Space" - an immersive storyline-driven honor RPG! We'll be filling up the threads with lots of content over the next couple of weeks, but in the meantime I suggest you start thinking about how you can get involved.

I know we're all sort of just waiting for Episode VII to come - and potentially create a traditional faction vs faction game around the new film - but in the meantime that shouldn't stop us from having a little fun!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2353 on: October 09, 2015, 10:45:23 AM »
   *does a jig*

Remember that shit?!

I'm excited. ;p
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:27:16 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2354 on: October 10, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »
I'm guessing I'm the only one who thinks VII is going to be worse than the prequels?

Surely you jest sir!  There is nothing worse than tying C3POs origin to a toddler boy genius Vader.  But let's not kid ourselves.  We didn't get it as bad as the Indiana devotees. 

I love them anyways but for the lovable bear hating cynics, even Ewoks were going to cook and eat people and wore skulls on their heads, making them surely the greatest Star Wars alien species of all!  If there is not a 'Wok in the background somewhere in Ep VII, I'm taking my gripe straight to the top of the Magic Kingdoms spires.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:45:26 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death