Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794611 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #2175 on: November 25, 2013, 07:47:52 PM »
Well this will be the concept test which we can evolve into an empire of wealth.... :D

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2176 on: November 25, 2013, 07:52:14 PM »
Hmm that idea caught my imagination.

Start working up the story angle for a browser-based 4X MMO based on space conquest, empire building, and unit management thats turn based :D

We'll build a platform for our star wars game that offers at least a crude version of things, which we can make bad ass in the future :D

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2177 on: November 25, 2013, 08:50:25 PM »
while and, as Eid said, Rome 2 came out. (Nice to see someone else not ripping it. I've put so many hours into it, though I still can't get it to run in AMD crossfire without turning the campaign map blank.)

dude, I really usually don't pay much attention to it but I just checked my logged game hours in Steam for Total War games for reference sake and now I'm feeling like I need to check in to some kind of therapy or something

Empire  1642hours
Napoleon  497hours
Shogun 2  1665hours
Rome 2  471hours

. . .   :o

ANYWAYS

Rome 2 is awesome dude.  I read tons of negative reviews and don't get it.  I'm just a TW junkie though (obviously). 

The map is freaking HUGE dude.  I think I've got 9 campaigns saved right now.  I also much prefer the field recruitment dynamics as opposed to settlement focused.  Ships having a roll in land battles now is also otherworldly.  I'm so amazed at how epic the battles get now.  Did you get the Nomadic tribes faction expansion?  It was free for a week when it first came out.

They gave out Seleucids for free months ago and the Greek States pack is pretty dope as well.  Epirus is HARD as hell to stay alive with, everyone hates your guts but you get an Elephant unit to start that helps you miraculously hold on to some territory! =)

As for your neighborhood SWSF Star Wars Comic Book updates!!!. . .

The Star Wars, a 10 part series based on the original screenplay written by Lucas is slipping imo.  It's humanocentric and boring.  The art is great, but the story is just bleh.  I can see why it barely resembles the end result.  I will ride it out until at least issue 5 until I decide to pull my financial support, they are still covering A New Hope type stuff, maybe once it crosses in to what was ESB and ROTJ it will improve.

Dawn of the Jedi - The Force War, has just began, 1st issue in 5pt series came out last week.  DOTJ series has been awesome.  It goes back to WAY before the Republic ever existed, when the Rakatan Infinite Empire ruled the galaxy, but it's centered around the Tython system, where the earliest known version of the Jedi Order, the Jed'aii use and study the force according to a strict balance of light and dark.  In this arc, the Rakata finally zero in on Tython, and begin to invade.  I was on the fence about the Rakata  until I saw them portrayed in these DOTJ stories and now I am definitely a fan.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:04:58 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2178 on: November 26, 2013, 06:39:28 PM »
Thats scary hours. I don't even want to know how many I've got clocked on Fifa 13... :(

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2179 on: November 26, 2013, 09:15:35 PM »

When my xbox live account got jacked awhile ago, some a-hole in Eastern Europe was buying the shit out of Fifa 13 add ons.  Microsoft was pretty efficient and awesome about resolving it though.

What's everyones console wars preference if any?   I will likely try a PS4 first, though I hadn't reserved one and I'm not going to fight to get one so it'll probably be awhile
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2180 on: November 27, 2013, 06:50:20 AM »
XBOX 360 was my last console. FIFA 14 the last game, and I already barely am on it now. I'd rather be reading, dicking around with SWSF stuff, or working on my own writing/programming projects in my free time. Or just chilling out.

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2181 on: November 27, 2013, 08:06:42 AM »
I have a Wii.
The original Wii.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2182 on: November 29, 2013, 12:51:57 PM »
Niiiice! IT-Guy and I scored the Wii U last year and since I'm only capable of playing Mario I used it solely for Netflix after I beat that game in three days. That is, until a few days ago when I was given the Mario World 3D which I now play obsessively until I rage quit after walking or floating off ledges because the 3D throws me off. Still, I am on the last world. On that note let me just say how impractical Peach's outfit is for an adventure. No one would wear a floor length gown and heels while traversing dangerous new worlds. Heels, maybe if they were boots, more of a wedge really, but certainly not the dress. Girlfriend needs to invest in some pants.

More posting soon. Had to deal with family that isn't mine because it's that time of year and when you marry someone you must therefore be a gracious hostess from time to time. Or so they say.  8-)

Also, I demand more storyline from Rinny! You can't leave me hanging. I'm emotionally invested now. That goes for Erasmar too.

Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2183 on: November 29, 2013, 07:51:37 PM »
Just a note, I am actually starting to make actual progress on the application finally... little bit every day and it's adding up :D

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2184 on: December 04, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »
I have a Wii.
The original Wii.

I actually have 2 of them because we made the mistake of putting it on a shelf and a little boy pulled on the power cord and it went tumbling down.  Been thinking about getting the Wii U, but ended up scoring a couple of 2DS's for the boys ($99 on walmart.com on Thanksgiving holy crap!).  I've been resisting the urge to open one and play Pokemon X. >.>

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2185 on: December 04, 2013, 09:09:57 PM »

Also, I demand more storyline from Rinny! You can't leave me hanging. I'm emotionally invested now. That goes for Erasmar too.

Awwwww shucks. :)  I have a fair bit written out, just second guessing things that I did. I'll try and pick up the pace over the holidays. :D

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2186 on: December 09, 2013, 08:13:31 AM »
All of you suck!

No one is ever here!

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2187 on: December 09, 2013, 12:33:01 PM »
All of you suck!