Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 794677 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: OOC Chat
« Reply #2100 on: June 23, 2013, 01:36:46 PM »
Let me second that by saying many of the systems in the Star Wars galaxy already have ingrained development that is static. For instance, Kuat will be nothing more than a Shipyard world for as long as it shall remain Kuat because it's culture and planetary infrastructure have reached its relative pinnacle of industrial development. The same can be said for virtually every other system in the galaxy.

Heavy Facilities can only produce Heavy Units. Light for Light. Every Capitol has a Basic Shipyard + Light Production Facilities so that you can at a minimum stock your capital ships and PDFs with something... but if you want the badass units you will have to go get them yourself.

You'll somewhat be in a unique position Ranes, since you'll get a factory ship of sorts to use, but count that as an exception to the rule.

When I post space platforms, there will be 1 platform that will be able to give a system a +1 SU boost, but that'll be it in terms of "building up" a system. (You can also bet that this platform WILL count against your PDF CP allotment and require some additional cash every Action Day to utilize).

NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS GAME!! =)
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2101 on: June 23, 2013, 03:28:05 PM »
Totally cool with that, just asking questions for planning purposes in Round 2/3 of the drafts.
- Ranes

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2102 on: June 24, 2013, 03:47:43 PM »
I like the idea of supply units. I do. I think maybe lines of supply and designated supply centers instead of actual supply units might be better, but I'll go with it.

I'm currently in the hole 23 SU every action day. My final planet picks may help to halve that, but I'm either going to require multiple trade partners or I'll be targeting the nearest SU-heavy world on Day 1. The gap in space between Bastion and Kuat is a bag of silly to manage. Maybe I'll just nuke KDY and leave the planet to cannibalize itself.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2103 on: June 24, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »
With my third reading of the rules today, I remove any complaints I had about SUs.  I don't know if my reading comprehension has gone down or if something changed, but, in either case, I have no objections to how they work.
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2104 on: June 24, 2013, 05:01:46 PM »
We are just as wary as you in including anything that adds to overhead without returning a huge benefit in gameplay! So your suspicion is reasonable. Hopefully, we've manage to ride the fine line here and it will add something without being too much 'work'.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2106 on: June 25, 2013, 10:42:14 AM »
Space is INSANE.  Somewhere out there between what we think we know and what we will never comprehend or consider in to being, other realities become tangible.

The scale is humbling and makes me feel like an ameoba, inspired and smiling but an ameoba none the less! =)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2107 on: June 25, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
I have this image as my laptop wallpaper at work: http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/files/2012/03/seqB_063.jpeg

Every single person who guessed what it was said it was neurons or at least something organic. It's actually what the universe looks like with visible dark matter and energy. I think it suggests a lot of powerful and "far-out" things that organic, neural structure resembles, at least superficially, the structure of the universe.

That to me is the greatest picture of space.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2108 on: June 25, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »
I look at the entire universe as organic!

ITS ALLLIIIIVVEEEEE!!!!

Dark matter is great and opens all sorts of possibilities!  Alternate planes.  Parallel dimensions.  Hidden worlds.  Who knows what happens when you touch dark matter!  It's called matter because of it's detectable mass, but maybe it's a portal to the alternate planes, or to oblivion!  The precarious balance of the chaos in motion that constitutes the universe is terrifying.  We perceive a sense of order because the sliver of space and time we occupy makes such brief choreographed numbers seem to last ages, but if a million years is a dime in a bucket for the totality of existence as we know it and our individual lives are a single grain of sand from all the sources on Earth, then the whole of our existence and everything we do truly is meaningless and absent from value aside from that which we and those around us assign it for the duration of it's memory in the collective mind of mankind. .

I need a smoke.

Somewhat separate but intertwined in my outlook of being. . .did you know that the dogs could not see old style televisions because the frame rate was entirely too low for their vision.  Newer style televisions however have much faster frame rates, allowing dogs to perceive them as we do.

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2109 on: June 27, 2013, 09:47:01 AM »
Nice, yesterday was heavy for new material! The SLs are a rolling!  Loving everyone's story development!  Great writing to all  :D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2110 on: June 30, 2013, 11:36:49 AM »
I finally appreciate the professional capacity and duty of the Editor.

Sooo sick of combing for and finding errs!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:32:58 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #2111 on: June 30, 2013, 12:54:48 PM »
Haha, I love it when I find a missing word and then can't even remember what I was trying to say because I've mangled the entire sentence.  CAVE MAN SMASH KEYS MAKE LETTTERS

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2112 on: June 30, 2013, 01:11:35 PM »
How would you even spot errors in some of that?!  The Hutt speak twists my brain trying to interpret!
- Ranes

JavinTye

« Reply #2113 on: June 30, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »
Haha, I love it when I find a missing word and then can't even remember what I was trying to say because I've mangled the entire sentence.  CAVE MAN SMASH KEYS MAKE LETTTERS

Most of my dialogue consists of me hitting the keyboard with my forehead and rolling left and right.

So far so good!

I actually have asked a friend of mine to re-read the posts to find where whatever I wrote makes no sense.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2114 on: June 30, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »
How would you even spot errors in some of that?!  The Hutt speak twists my brain trying to interpret!

Ha ha, its just phonetical babble for most part. I Just try and spell out as plainly as some Hutt speech sounds in my head so that when you guys read thru to pronounce it your forced to read/hear it as I think it would sound.  Sometimes it work lil better than others.  Usually only key words do i try n make resemble their "Basic" counterpart, doing that with select critical info words helps make whole thing seem like it all has interpretable meaning, at least thats my theory and attempt anyways!  Theres some words i recycle if they regular recurring and got a good sound to them, besides the obvious clan names n what not =)

I try and do accents or halfway fluent speech same but not as easy to pull off and get feel out to readers.  Least it seem that way to me
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:24:15 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death