Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793541 times)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1635 on: November 24, 2012, 08:18:58 PM »
College football. University of Michigan.
Syren

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1636 on: November 24, 2012, 09:10:18 PM »
Correct! I'm heavy anti UofM, highly pro Notre Dame.  So it's a great year for me! =)

This ND v SouthernCal game is tenuous though!  SPIKETV SW marathon wrapping up with ANH during commercial breaks, nice evening for a homebody!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 09:14:26 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1637 on: November 24, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »
It will be on all day tomorrow too. Is every thanksgiving weekend on spike as its the highest rated thing they show hahaha. Thats why SW is on that channel at least once a week.

BTW, Syren, I have a business opportunity for you. You need to take all your money and start a television station that shows nothing but StarWars stuff. All StarWars, all the time. Im willing to bet with a modest investment you could make your money back at least half again and thats if it fails, lol. Judging by the ratings every other channel gets showing star wars stuff though, its got a good shot. And you could make even more money by advertising your own companies commercials. They get cheap air time, you get too look even more fabulous, or at least start too from some perspectives.

And all I ask is after 2 years, if your in the black, I get an extremely generous 0.5% of gross from there on out for the idea. ;)

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1638 on: November 25, 2012, 03:28:02 PM »
TG was pretty good.

Wife and I visited parents/siblings/gparents/aunt-uncle up in Jersey

Wife (who has a hobby of cake decorating) made cake-pops that looked like babies, in honor of my sister's newborn son.  I would post an image, but it might frighten any number of you to see that much domesticity associated with babies.

And it is why Med's christian god continues to smite you with devastating earthquakes and tsunami's!!!
Quite a few assumptions there.  Who said my G-d is either christian or smiteful?
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1639 on: November 25, 2012, 11:20:20 PM »
Haha! Med was eating babies, lol.

LordMaligan

« Reply #1640 on: November 25, 2012, 11:31:18 PM »
Hello all ....

I am from the AOL days .. randomly came across this forum and am quite excited. I was involved with a number of large sims back in the day and have real fond memories of the game. I would love to get involved ....  maybe get a bit more information about who is doing what etc. Feel free to private message me and we can best figure out where i belong. A real life friend of mine was also involved and I know we have spoken a bunch over the years about how great it would be to find the sim forum again hah. So he might be interested as well.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1641 on: November 26, 2012, 12:24:47 AM »
Well howdy. Not that it matters, but might I ask who you were, interested to know if we've ever simmed together before?

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1642 on: November 26, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »
Welcome back to the fold LordMaligan!

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1643 on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
LordMaligan... sounds familiar. I was SMBeast in the AOL days.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1644 on: November 26, 2012, 09:31:59 AM »
Back in the aol flashpoint days I was Jashal14, JsprStng, and SVLrdRamanoVS.

LordMaligan

« Reply #1645 on: November 26, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »
I first fot involved in the Maelstrom Sim Group and rose up through the nay ranks in TNO. I was involved in pretty much every big sim universe from that moment til about three years forward. I used the name LrdMaligan ...  Romano sounds familar.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1646 on: November 26, 2012, 10:20:14 AM »
rAmano. A. Ramano. Romano is a cheese lol. Or I guess a stupid sitcom character, but either way, not me. Hehe.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1647 on: November 26, 2012, 03:22:37 PM »
Welcome Maligan!  Rings a bell but didn't know you personally I don't believe.  I went under various monikers in AOL era, generally by Weller (WellerTerk, YxWeller) overall.

I bopped around Maelstorm for a min (wasn't that the one the Tanners and Mattias did?)  and knew some TNO guys.

But Welcome to the reincarnation!

Pretty much only one Sim Uni goes at a time with so few committed participants (about 5-6 right now, excluding yourself) Currently, GCW is the Uni Name, the current version is GCWII, but GCWIII new uni within story arc of I and II will be rolling out shortly.  Pretty much same combat styles that you should be used to from MSG.  There's only a handful of us, so the major difference here from the old AOL SWSF is that typically a Player controls an entire Faction and fields a complete fleet rather than one ship per player and many players per faction.  Though more than one player per faction is possible if desired.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1648 on: November 26, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
Yes, welcome Mal. It's good to virtually meet you. I believe all of us had ties to the AOL SWSF in some way or another in different factions and we've all found our way here to continue doing what we love. We're glad to have you with us and would certainly welcome your pal that you mentioned if he also had interest.

I'm Syren, part of the welcoming committee and currently the only female simmer but that doesn't stop me from kicking ass and being melodramatic through various storylines. If we can do anything to make you feel more at home, let us know. Also, Hale is the GM of the GCW so please PM him if you have questions.

Have a wonderful day!
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1649 on: November 26, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »
She's 2/3 right. Yes she is melodramatic and yes she does a lot of SLs, however we've yet to see her "kick some ass" ;p