Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793559 times)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1530 on: November 15, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »
I can say with absolute certainty there is nothing after you die. I know this because I know myself. I know what would happen should I ever come into functional usage of any type of supernatural power. No god could ever put me on a world were such power existed knowing what I would be capable of doing with it. If your god is omnipotent as you claim, then by my existence alone his existence is disproven.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1531 on: November 15, 2012, 12:42:07 PM »
CONAN! WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1532 on: November 15, 2012, 12:51:21 PM »
I dont understand the question?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1533 on: November 15, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1534 on: November 15, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »
I dont get how it pertains to the current topic?

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1535 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »
ENOUGH RELIGION.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1536 on: November 15, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
I can say with absolute certainty there is nothing after you die. I know this because I know myself. I know what would happen should I ever come into functional usage of any type of supernatural power. No god could ever put me on a world were such power existed knowing what I would be capable of doing with it. If your god is omnipotent as you claim, then by my existence alone his existence is disproven.

what are you even saying?   suppose Catholicism were 100% spot on, you die, you go to heaven.  You have no access to "supernatural" powers, just because you died doesn't elevate you, you're still a subject of "God's" merely existing in it's presence.  I'm not sure how the confusing analogy comes close to disproving anything but maybe I'm putting it in an unintended context.

But more specifically, I reject the notion of divinity.  That has nothing to do with the after life, to that I simply shrug.  No idea.  If thoughts are electrical impulses, and memories are stored data much the same as a hard drive.  A persons being could conceivably exist outside of the host body.  It's likely that all in all, the functions of the entire body are required to maintain a consciousness of living existence though, so while I entertain the notion, it's likely ashes to ashes dust to dust. imo.

@Greg, it's a civil discussion.  But if you're going to demand an end to a subject you have to offer a replacement topic ;o*
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:57:38 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1537 on: November 15, 2012, 02:26:49 PM »
Because if there is an after life, I have eternity to learn how to use this power, and one day im going to lay a proper war down. The difference being is where Satan's ambitions outweighed his ability, im not going for the throne, I simply wish to burn the ethereal plane. To show god what it feels like to live on this earth, where a simple tip of the hat would put an end to this discussion once and for all. So I say if he does exist, then he's a shitty ruler. A slave owner nothing more. Do what I say, exactly how I say it, or I send you to the worst possible place imaginable. Someone, anyone, please tell me how that is NOT a slaves choice?

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1538 on: November 15, 2012, 03:45:07 PM »
if he does exist, then he's a shitty ruler. A slave owner nothing more.

Oh i agree.  Let it be known from here forth then that our common ground is a militant position towards any supposed existing deified celestial dictator  ;)

Has anyone ever had Cheryl's Cookies?   it's a mail order delivered cookie/sweets service, popular around holidays.  Anyways, their "Buttercream Frosted Cut-Outs" are CRACK.  I highly recommend ordering some for someone who's house you'll frequent and maybe your own stash as well!

no i have no stake in the company =P
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1539 on: November 15, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »
They dont sell those around here, we have Swiss Colony and the pretty much hold a monopoly status on holiday food sales.

And for the record, even if god does exist, im not going to just worship you because im told to. Like any other being in the universe, you must earn my respect, it is not just given. You can not cause hardship and death on a mass scale and justify it by saying "Hey, Im the one who lets you into heaven." Dont care, you can keep it then.

However, that all still doesnt matter as I dont think there is any higher power watching out for this planet.

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1540 on: November 15, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »
"To blaspheme is a waste of time.  If there is a god, it is suicidal; If there is not, it's pointless."
I remember that quote from somewhere (may be worded differently) but can't remember who said it

if he does exist, then he's a shitty ruler. A slave owner nothing more.

Oh i agree.� Let it be known from here forth then that our common ground is a militant position towards any supposed existing deified celestial dictator� ;)

Has anyone ever had Cheryl's Cookies?� �it's a mail order delivered cookie/sweets service, popular around holidays.� Anyways, their "Buttercream Frosted Cut-Outs" are CRACK.� I highly recommend ordering some for someone who's house you'll frequent and maybe your own stash as well!

no i have no stake in the company =P
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1541 on: November 15, 2012, 04:04:15 PM »
Can someone recommend a good Jedi book to read? From what I can tell they all look like shit.

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1542 on: November 15, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »
Can someone recommend a good Jedi book to read? From what I can tell they all look like shit.

Maybe you should just find yourself an old holocron.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1543 on: November 15, 2012, 04:10:14 PM »
I mean SW novel focused on Jedi stuff :P

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1544 on: November 15, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »
"If there is a god, it is suicidal"

This statement invalidates the integrity of the speaker of the quote.  If there was a god, he fears him.  If there isn't, then he doesn't want to hear about it anyways as the quote goes on to say.  He's content to be def blind and dumb, bury my head in the sand and let me believe pretty things if I want to.  Overall it sounds like something a believer says when their belief system is under attack imo, or simply what someone says when they'd rather not here about the topic.

Everything is a waste of time to a Nihilist.  *shrug* who's right? probably no one

CHERYLS!!!!!!!!
~J
SWSF 'til Death