Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793692 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2011, 03:35:51 PM »
Stay tuned for the next Flashpoint. It's currently on the drawing boards, but it will no doubt be the defining Flashpoint of this episode. As both sides will have a chance to complete one (or maybe even TWO) of their primary mission objectives.

Oh yes. There will be blood.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2011, 07:16:03 AM »
Well, unless we do something about the HS travel times I wont be participating in this flashpoint. It will take 74hrs for the DC to reach me, and 149hrs for me to get there with my fleet. Which means we are looking at the earliest me not getting there till the 19th, no point to even trying. Lets face it, I got no space reserves for my planet, to take my fleet that far away from it would just be tactically retarded.

I dont know, perhaps we could just say it takes 24hrs to get there after you receive the DC, and make the HS travel simply automatic for time constraints, but as is, I just cant go that far away at current. Another question that could be asked, are you sure YOU guys wanna be that far away from your bases. I mean, unless there is an unwritten rule somewhere that says we shouldnt be plotting on one another during a flashpoint?

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2011, 11:17:43 PM »
The Flashpoint is what it is. However, perhaps players can get some preliminary intel today for instance to allow them to enter hyperspace now if desired. Also, there is a bulk of ships in-system available for players to use so you don't have to committ everything. Odds are, if nobody showed up, the Rebels would win this battle, which means you necessarily wouldn't have to throw a whole lot at the problem (just some freighters and Y-Wing squads for example).

The Flashpoint could also begin when the first player shows up, which might make more sense.

But I see your point.

The main problem is, I was hoping the previous Flashpoint would've made enough of an impact to draw in the inactive players. According to the forum info:
Hoppus/Greg was last active 7 May
Eidolon, 6 May
Dementat, 3 June
Empier, 26 May
Erasmar, 2 April
Gall, 1 June
Syren, 26 May

These I would consider the "regulars" outside you, me, and XCAL, or Medivh.

That's kinda why I'm at my wits end with this forum. I've given it way too much time, and I'm not seeing any viable returns to convince me to keep going because these bouts of inactivity just kill momentum for everything.

This is partially why I designed the Battle of Tatooine Flashpoint to be an epic battle, because hey - who doesn't want to participate in that? Hyperspace travels and tactical planning aside, that battle would be fun. Simply show up, blow up, and go home with a grin on your face. Done.

But ever since GCW was launched, I have become more and more convinced that this forum has run its course. Don't get me wrong, it seems like a great place where we AOL simmers of old can get together and talk about the good ole' days and perhaps write an SL or two, but to do anything beyond that is too much. I'm sure it had some awesome periods of activity, like with the AE revival or with the SWSF Legends concept, but these in the end just become periods of activity, nothing lasting.

It's no wonder that the dozen-strong group that was formerly active on this forum have now faded away into Real Life (which isn't wrong), bitterness, or boredom.

You're a fun player Ramano, but playing with you in a 2v1 or 1v1 context is not fun. And I was hoping these Flashpoints could spark something fun for the players but I suppose since just about everybody hasn't logged on in 2~4 weeks...what's the point?

May as well play Empire At War, Battlefront, or the new Old Republic MMO coming out, cuz that sure beats this forum.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2011, 12:14:16 AM »
I could not agree with you more! I mean im trying my heart out here to at least give a good showing in the 2v1 scenario we have right now but lets face it, without these flashpoints are we ever gunna go head to head? Im not stupid enough to hit you guys head on, and you both know dam well a trip to my planet is a suicide run. So what does that leave us with, sitting around until one of us has enough money to end this with the SSD/MC-80s. Whats the point?!

I mean dont get me wrong, I WANT this game to keep running, why else would I be playing so carefully, but we need some other people out here to step it up. Seriously, if no one wants to even be here anymore why are we even bothering to host the forum at all?! Seems like a waste of time and money for people who dont care about it anymore, and that would be a truly epic waste.

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2011, 01:34:04 AM »
Maybe the three of us could chip in for a hypnotist who can do the deed over the phone and brainwash the others into playing. 
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2011, 09:53:22 AM »
Okay. Well I'm officially done with GCW then. After 2 months, I was hoping for an honest SWSF revival but it just hasnt happened, and there's no point in waiting around for one because if GCW/Legends/Aburik Chronicles/After Endor/Lost Campaigns couldn't bring this forum back, then I don't think anything can.

Thank you Ramano and XCAL for showing up to play.

I'm done.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »
Personally Id rather you not do that quite just yet, I can get these peoples attention. A few simple spams on Syrens freestyle thread will have a response from her in a hurry. Tat, im not sure what his issue is... I think he might be afraid I still want some payback for my droid control ship. Its understandable, if I pissed me off id be afraid of me too. ;p

As for everyone else... ahem -clears throat- let them go kill themselves. All they do is prove "I" was not the issue around here. As I said all along, if people would just be active (and grow some thicker skin) my antics would never have been an issue. I mean, they can hate me all they want, but I did say without me here the SWSF would die. Took a little longer then I expected, but gall turned out to be a better GM then I thought too. Still didnt help though. Such a shame and a waste of good potential and a good game.

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
You touch my shit, I'll have your balls sent to me in a gift basket. It'll be on my desk come morning and would make a lovely conversational piece. As for your current situation, I'm sorry that more aren't involved in this but the framework and time period is not something I'm interested in. It's not personal, it's just a preference. My work load is not light but I still crave the storyline which is why I continue to do what I do. Clearly, I'm not as active as I once was but that doesn't mean my interest has waned. You're a clever bunch of boys, find a way to figure it out.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
Told you that would induce a response! LoL.

No im not gunna post in your thread... provided you join our little game for a while =)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2011, 12:07:59 AM »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »
::hisses::

Don't threaten me, Ramano. I don't have time for a such a complex game that seems to involve more strategy, battles and numbers than the slow-moving, ultra-dramz storylines I prefer. Besides, I'm in it deep with Med right now. We're working toward the VE/Alive/Corellia conclusion that will tie it all up in a spectacularly bloody package! Med and I can handle our real life responsibilities AND our storyline without either of us wigging the hell out if one of us gets busy. Thus its appeal.
Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2011, 03:48:07 PM »
-holds a spam cannon to Syren and Med's SL-

We like to call this a hostage situation, lmao!

-waves his hand infront of them- you WANT to play GCW.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »
Hi guys.

I've been checking in time to time. I had a bit of a mental collapse (hey i got married, what do you expect? :P) But seriously been really fucked up with work and life, which is getting a little calmer now. Besides that, I'll be honest. When we started I was very disappointed to see no one doing anything, well besides Hale and Ramano who are always to be relied on, and I got bored and focused on other things for awhile.

As I read the posts and watch you guys I do feel the desire to jump back in again.

At the least I will fix the calculators so they are accurate. Is the data in the rules threads correct? If so let me know.

I would like to participate in the FP if there is one, keep me posted via PM because I get distracted. Also note I'll be out of the country (away from comp) from next wed until the monday that follows!

Sorry to have bailed on ya'll. Lets see if I can get active again.

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »
Everything is accurate.  The only thing thats changed is the build times from 15 days to 7 days.  Though.. Im not really sure whats going on at this point.  Im hoping its not over as I just built a VSD and am well on my way to an ISD.  ...........GOD I FUCKING LOVE STAR DESTROYERS!!
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2011, 01:55:20 PM »
I cant find the text file I had my units and bases in... I suppose I'll have to start from scratch.