Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 793878 times)

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1350 on: October 23, 2012, 09:05:42 PM »
You aren't going to stop talking until you get your way, are you? Just create a second character like the rest of us. Geez!
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1351 on: October 23, 2012, 09:15:54 PM »
Btw dem those troops you dropped will be useless soon -- no mother shop to supply them, right?

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1352 on: October 23, 2012, 09:49:25 PM »
Listen here Dem, if all you want to do is mash out units and sit here doing nothing but Diplomacy missions, thats fine. If thats where the people want the game to go, that is most certainly your option. However, as everyone made it quite clear to me what they are and are not interested in, I will let you know a straight forward RTS with no entertainment value and no role playing im not interested in, so guess you got a decision to make huh...

And I also apologize for not falling into your "just shut up and do what your told" place-ism what ever city you live in conforms too, but im not content to just sit back and eat a bullshit reason. Dont use obscure logic to try and cover shit up or I will point out the flaws in it as pertaining to why cant something be done. That seems to be your only real problem with me, and you can get the fuck over it. Im not your sheep and I will not just silently follow bullshit logic. Because I said so is NEVER an acceptable answer.

Edit: And do not even try to twist that as me saying "Oh if he doesnt get his way he's gunna quit." If you have a logical valid reason why something should not be done or allowed, by all means speak up. If there really is something im over-looking in the hero stats that really would create an imbalance, fine, I will say no more. However I am saying we need to get something going here. Im tired, and im bored, and if there is going to be no role-play and creativity here, then im out. Like I said, I dont want to just sit here and play a text based command & conquer. I want to see the galaxy go somewhere, not just run diplomacy missions and once every 3 months someone engages in a small battle where its nothing more then math homework. And no, I will not shut up to a simple no answer. If your going to tell someone no, you need to tell them why, and if you dont feel you owe people that courtesy, then I dont feel the need to owe you my time for this game.

Edit Edit: And to directly answer your question Dem: Because thats a boring way of doing things and I choose to be more creative then that. And for the record, it is everyones loss that you dont choose to be more creative then you are. You have a fucking DLoS. Your imagination is the limit with that, my god. You can do anything you want without need of justification, and you choose to sit here and run standard diplomacy missions, with every day run of the mill SLs. Where is the fury? Where is the ego? Where is the demonstration of power? Shame on you for criticizing me while you sit here content to let the game run stale.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:25:21 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1353 on: October 23, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
lol, Just because Algoz is the DLOS doesn't mean he has a demigod-complex like *ahem* some Rebel "Jedi" do.  :P
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #1354 on: October 23, 2012, 10:39:32 PM »
You can't dictate the way someone wants to story line ramano. There is such a thing as a slow build toward something greater. You don't know What dem has planned for his character nor should you criticize how he decides to let his story unfold.

Syren

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1355 on: October 23, 2012, 10:49:50 PM »
Oh no, im not trying to dictate his SL to him, but there are just certain things to be expected from a DLoS, and being a peaceful ambassador is not usually known to be one. Have you even killed a single person to date? What kind of DLoS never murders anyone? And no, theres nothing wrong with a slow buildup to something great, but the pace at which his SL is moving makes a glacier look like lightning by comparison. Perhaps ive overlooked something in the many points I had to make, but from what I can see im the only person who has done any actual character building other then Dem's one line about a darkness on the horizon, and ive only made like 2 actual SLs since the game started. And now when I try, I get told no, and no one even offers a logical reason as to why. Im just told it will create imbalance yet no one will say what said imbalance is. That approach might work for Romney but it dont fly with me.

So yeah Syren, no one is trying to dictate anything, im just saying lets fucking get on with it already.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1356 on: October 24, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »
My comment about getting your way was tongue-in-cheek. As for the rest of what you wrote... I kinda blanked out a few lines in like I was reading an editorial in the NY Times. Not sure what you said or what it was about. My storyline is lacking because my time is lacking. I have a job. I go to the gym. I'm three blocks from the beach. I don't spend my day here.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1357 on: October 24, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »
Excellent for you, im glad your life has so much to do in it. I on the other hand do not have all that too occupy myself, so I have to find other things, like simming. So perhaps its not I that am having the problem here but you. If your too busy going to the gym and beach perhaps you need to stop and re-analyze how much you want to be here. If people want to do something, they will make the time for it. If your not willing to make time for it, then you obviously dont want to be here. So why are we even bothering?

Furthermore, if your so busy, what is the concern with what I want to do with my SL in the first place. You just said yourself your too busy to be active? So because your more concerned with beaches and gyms, the rest of us arnt allowed to do anything either? Im sorry, but what world do you think you live in? You got some serious entitlement issues going on you need to work through. We got 4 damn players, if everyone of us is not going to be committed to playing this, then we are all just wasting our time.

So whats it gunna be Dem, herpes victims, polluted water, and thallidemide needles, or you gunna play the game?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:23:25 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1358 on: October 24, 2012, 08:36:34 AM »
Could you both please stop? This is a perfect example of why several people don't come back to play ever. Because every thing degenerates into this, and people get annoyed and irritated.

From now on, Ramano please direct all your questions about what is or isn't allowed via PM to Hale privately. These questions youre asking have nothing to do with us and we don't even need to read them. Once you hash something out and get a definitive answer go ahead and update us on it, or let Hale.

There should be a ban or something on certain conversation in the OOC, just so that we dont keep having these mindless little cat fights. Leave OOC for just fucking around. Maybe make a separate thread for questions about rules and stuff -- oh wait we have one! Please lets start using it! And yes i know im guilty of this as the next guy is so lets all work together to make this place a little less annoying, maybe some players will come back.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1359 on: October 24, 2012, 08:46:52 AM »
I picked the perfect time to poke back around!

Greg, who's both?  :P

But on the other subject, I rather prefer group discussion, PMing conversations can lead to one individual gaining better understanding/knowledge of mechanics/possibilities than another,  but as I'm not re-partaking until GCW act III, I don't have an opinion on II stuff.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1360 on: October 24, 2012, 08:48:06 AM »
"Could you both please stop?"

Hey, I've posted the least on this thread ;-)
(\/)ighty RE

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1361 on: October 24, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
Hey I'm just trying to be diplomatic :P

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1362 on: October 24, 2012, 09:19:45 AM »
Hey I'm just trying to be diplomatic :P

You forget it Election Year and we're all in the USA.  We are getting our fill of diplomatic BS day in and out!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1363 on: October 24, 2012, 09:26:47 AM »
Eid, im not letting you into Act III if im there, sorry. You ruined that on the last play through, done speaking on it with you.

And unfortunately, Eid does have a point. I make everything public because as was shown in LotF, when you do it privately everyone starts screaming about cheating as everything starts changing around and no one understands why. If you have a discussion to make, it needs to be public so we can all discuss it together, as a group, as it should be.

What it comes down to is Dem is salty that even with 3 completely and utterly terrible rulings in his favor, he still got his ass kicked by me, before hop got there. So now its all going to be an issue cause as has happen 4 other times in the past, and I can go through the archives and pull out the posts, every time Dem gets beat in a battle, he basically all but stops playing due to having better things to do with his life. Quit being a sore looser.

And your right Dem, you have made the least amount of posts of any active person here. Not sure thats something to be proud of...

Edit: The fact of the matter still remains, we have 4 people here. If every one of us is not going to be committed to it, then we are all just wasting our time and need to just let it go by the wayside with all the rest of the sims out there. Personally, I want to play, and I was under the impression everyone else did too. And yes, not everyone has 20hrs a day to sit here like I do, but its why im the best at it, with hard work comes great reward. (In video games anyway) I dont feel its right that people should be punished because we choose to be here and be active, yet we have to be held in line with someone who, in his own words, is more concerned with going to the beach and gym then making a simple SL post at least once a week to keep things interesting. If you only want to give a half effort to the game, thats your prerogative, but you need to understand that if thats how your going to do it, you have no right to be distraught when you get beaten.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:39:08 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1364 on: October 24, 2012, 09:35:38 AM »
Unfortunately Ramano you aren't able to have a civil conversation with a group (with a few exceptions) hence the reason I ask to keep your conversation private or in the appropriate thread "ask the developers" or whatever, not here in the OOC. If anyone has questions about the answer to the question in that thread, they can PM Hale and ask for clarification and then if anything about Hale's answer were to change he would post the clarification in the thread.