Author Topic: OOC Chat  (Read 792930 times)

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
Re: GCW: OOC
« Reply #1185 on: October 02, 2012, 09:36:39 PM »
I've now read 68 of the novels. I didn't realize what a loser nerd I was until just now.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1186 on: October 02, 2012, 09:50:39 PM »
While I dont disagree with the statement, why does reading novels make you a loser nerd? So they were starwars. Ive read just about every Tom Clancy novel ever produced, and that doesnt make me a loser. (The fact I sit on a computer for 20hrs a day does lol)

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1187 on: October 03, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Also hale, you never answered my main question. Can Byss be invaded? I know I cant own it, but can I attack and kill everything at it?

And if so, I need someone to jump on the Hapans quick. Im gunna need a pair of CFCs to take down an SSD solo, and they are gunna sell em to me, or im gunna take em over and force them to build em for me.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #1188 on: October 03, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »
Oh sure, you can attack Byss all day long. I'd advise against it, but by all means... test your mettle against the SSD there.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1189 on: October 03, 2012, 12:37:13 PM »
Someone get ahold of Erasmar and tell him I need him to get back or im going to take over his faction, lol.

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1190 on: October 03, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
So, have you guys decided you dont want to pick on me anymore and I can go back to screwing around in my little corner down here? lol

And for the record Dem, you need to share some of that Navi-computer technology you got on those ships that can make a new HS calculation mid jump. ;p Id be willing to trade a piece of my intelligence network throughout the galaxy lmao!

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1191 on: October 03, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »
I could have exited in DS and moved. Same difference. Didn't care about the technicals when I was writing the SL.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1192 on: October 03, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »
I know, I was just giving you a hard time, its cool.

And for the record, it wouldnt matter, I got CRVs in all the DS grids, lol.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:17:26 PM by Ramano »

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1193 on: October 04, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »
So I have a question, what happens if a player comes to a planet another player has begun diplomacy at, but has not yet reached any milestones? Who gets control of the PDF? Would the PDF fight at all? Is there a way to counter diplomacy?

Insight to this inquiry is necessary and speed is of the essence.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1194 on: October 04, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
So I have a question, what happens if a player comes to a planet another player has begun diplomacy at, but has not yet reached any milestones? Who gets control of the PDF? Would the PDF fight at all? Is there a way to counter diplomacy?

Insight to this inquiry is necessary and speed is of the essence.

Here's how I would resolve it:

1A. Any Mission progress would be halted. | Regarding the recent rules about the "Definition of Conflict", I think a system in conflict would be unable to entertain any mission efforts.

1B. An attack on a system might validate the presence and intention of he who began the Diplomacy in the first place. | While that's strictly from a Storyline perspective, it is worth mentioning.

2. The System would likely become neutral, unless it otherwise had Amnesty with a particular fashion. | For example, if you attack Kuat while I was there for some reason, I'm pretty sure the Kuat PDF would say "oh, look here we got some Rebels to kill".

3. The System, in its neutrality, would defer to itself to protect its own interests. | Which is to say, the system's PDF will operate under conservative rules of engagement (i.e. it wont fire weapons until fired upon). In the unlikely event a system does get fired upon, one of us would command the PDF to prevent any perceived conflict of interest.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1195 on: October 05, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »
Damn you, you guys finally figured it out. 1 of you runs heavy ship power, the other runs fighter screen. Removes all the weakness from an imperial fleet. However it does leave me in a rather stalemated position. With you combined like you are, I can never engage you outside of a place that has heavy PDF support on my side. So as such, it leaves me with really no other option but to make a request.

I would like permission, in order to combat your combined forces, and with no other players to speak of in the game to even attempt an alliance with, be allowed to puchase an independent freelancer character as my 2nd Hero with the exception I can NEVER take the Legend ability with him. This would allow me the ability to actually fight against you outside of Thyferra or Endor. And the exception with the Legend ability still puts me at a disadvantaged position as I would be faced off 2 to 1 as the best I could ever field would be 35CP and a 250kc shuttle. And id still have to pay for everything, 2000KC to purchase him, and 1000KC per level-up, and only one level-up per action day.

It would be basically my 2nd allowed hero, but as I said, I would need special permission as the Indi Freelancer is not open to my faction as a hero unit, and in essence if I brought him in for a battle, could give me a potential 35CP combined fleet. If you truly feel the need to leave the game stalemated that is fully your option, but I beg you to give serious consideration to my proposal. Thanks.

Edit: And thought I should clarify, the fleets combined could equal 35CP but I wouldnt be able to have a single 35CP fleet. Like I couldnt roll an MC-90 and an MC-60 at the same time. I would have 1 thats 25CP, and a seperate 2nd fleet that is 10CP (when fully leveled).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:37:40 AM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #1196 on: October 05, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »
Try figuring something out. There's always the option of sending your main fleet to Reserve while you build an MC90, send that in on a suicide attack mission and once it blows up reactivate your main fleet and send that in.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1197 on: October 05, 2012, 11:28:04 PM »
Thought about that, but I dont know. Sacrificing a 2300KC ship just so my main fleet can have a chance at every battle not at one of my planets... seems a bit steep of a price to pay just to engage in combat. Not to mention a real pain in the ass way of doing things. I still think the idea of letting me have an indy freelancer to tag around with and utilize still works way more efficiently. Im still disadvantaged as it should be, but not so much so that I cant move outside of my own space with the exception of weaker neutral worlds. And lets face it, everyone is getting tired of picking on neutrals, thats why you started coming after me to begin with. Why else would attack me at a planet after ive already secured it?

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1198 on: October 06, 2012, 02:00:23 AM »
OR you could work to convince someone to come back and play. I have no intention of double-teaming you.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #1199 on: October 08, 2012, 10:24:25 PM »
Ok, we are back and running! Thank you Empier. If everyone would please donate so that we don't have Emp footing the bill for the rest of us, we might avoid this from happening.
(\/)ighty RE