Author Topic: Greetings from across the sim seas  (Read 15419 times)

Rogue3

Greetings from across the sim seas
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »
Howdy! My name is Will, I'm the guy that Erasmar referred to in his post here. I'm a big Star Wars fan and happened to stumble across your group here while doing a google search for Star Wars sims, mostly to see what else was out there. I took a look as I love to find new communities involving my interests.

I've been a simmer since the early 90's originally starting on Prodigy and then jumping over to AOL where I joined up with a group called SFOL (Starfleet Online, later Spacefleet Online), which was to become (one of) AOL's official Star Trek simulation groups. Which like the SWSF got hit hard when AOL started dropping support of the various sim groups out there. The group eventually merged with a group known as the Federation Sim Fleet (FSF) and currently resides there as Space Fleet. Within this group I am currently known as FSF Who.

About five years ago (May 29, 2005) I started SFOL's first non-Star Trek sim, Paragon, which as you may have guessed is a Star Wars sim, it was originally based during the Clone Wars Era and has since moved on to the period between Episode III and Episode IV where we act as a group of mercenaries that aren't too fond of the Galactic Empire.

Unlike the sims in your group the Paragon is a live chat based simulation, which has its own ups and downs vs the message board system that you guys are used to.

I am extending an invite to anybody that's interested to come visit the simulation and see what we're like. We play on Sunday nights at 8pm Eastern. We use the AIM network currently and are in the chat room SFOL Paragon (exchange 4, if your programs asks). If you want any more information feel free to visit our website at http://www.starwars-paragon.com or feel free to send me an email at fsfwho@sb254.com.

Now I shall attempt to distract you with this comic.

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
Re: Greetings from across the sim seas
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 04:08:01 AM »
We will definitely take a look at it, and hope that you will give word of our storyline-based simming here. We could always do with more writers.
(\/)ighty RE