Author Topic: Ahsoka (WARNING: SPOILERS POSSIBLE)  (Read 17718 times)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
Re: Ahsoka (WARNING: SPOILERS POSSIBLE)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2023, 05:36:39 PM »
Ep 7.

Am I the only one that is growing a feeling of 'meh' for Heras look?  It feels lackluster compared to almost every other characters level of style and quality.  The 'Council' scene seeing her standing there made me think about it and it is sticking in my eye ever since.  Instead of a Twi'lek alien individual she looks like a human in bad Twi'lek costume.  The shade, the skin, the eyes, the head tails never move, will not get in to the bland baggy outfit because is probably coming from a patriarchy influenced perspective.  But  I'm not going to let it ruin her role and contribution to the series for me but it is kind of glaring now.  I don't remember Oola or Bib looking so blah.

3PO was a treat!

Regular Night Troopers spoke when they fought with Sabine/Ezra/Ahsoka.  Interesting, maybe there is more to it than some mist because Marrok never spoke I don't think?  The Caravan turtle guys are fucking awesome.  Cool species, they were probably cooler before they started hanging out with humans though.

Great action packed episode.

Thrawns portrayal continues to be pretty decent.  It's not that he employs any radical strategy but he seems to make the simple smart choices which in itself I suppose is historically master strategy.  His Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 style I feel like is in line well the recent novels of his and how they try and make him seem a formidable commander there.

Ahsokas offer to help Shin-  Shin seemed very distraught in that moment without Baylan and confronted with the 3 Jedi as the Night Troopers withdrew.

One installment left!

Do yous think Thrawn/Chimaera/Ring will leave Peridia by end of Ep8?

Will The Jedi Trio be with them some how or temporarily stranded and have to be figuring a way back in Season 2?

What becomes of Baylan and Shin?  I'm honestly almost more interested in this out of everything going on in series.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 05:39:52 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Medivh

• SWSF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2023, 08:08:20 PM »
Ep 7.

Am I the only one that is growing a feeling of 'meh' for Heras look?  It feels lackluster compared to almost every other characters level of style and quality.  The 'Council' scene seeing her standing there made me think about it and it is sticking in my eye ever since.  Instead of a Twi'lek alien individual she looks like a human in bad Twi'lek costume.  The shade, the skin, the eyes, the head tails never move, will not get in to the bland baggy outfit because is probably coming from a patriarchy influenced perspective.  But  I'm not going to let it ruin her role and contribution to the series for me but it is kind of glaring now.  I don't remember Oola or Bib looking so blah.

3PO was a treat!

Regular Night Troopers spoke when they fought with Sabine/Ezra/Ahsoka.  Interesting, maybe there is more to it than some mist because Marrok never spoke I don't think?  The Caravan turtle guys are fucking awesome.  Cool species, they were probably cooler before they started hanging out with humans though.

Great action packed episode.

Thrawns portrayal continues to be pretty decent.  It's not that he employs any radical strategy but he seems to make the simple smart choices which in itself I suppose is historically master strategy.  His Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 style I feel like is in line well the recent novels of his and how they try and make him seem a formidable commander there.

Ahsokas offer to help Shin-  Shin seemed very distraught in that moment without Baylan and confronted with the 3 Jedi as the Night Troopers withdrew.

One installment left!

Do yous think Thrawn/Chimaera/Ring will leave Peridia by end of Ep8?

Will The Jedi Trio be with them some how or temporarily stranded and have to be figuring a way back in Season 2?

What becomes of Baylan and Shin?  I'm honestly almost more interested in this out of everything going on in series.
Difficult with Baylan - since the actor who played him passed away a few months ago.  It would almost be easier if his character does die in episode 8, though I don't think they would have made that kind of change to the plot afterward. Which means if we don't learn everything about his character by next episode, he'll have to be recast.

I don't know about a season 2 happening, because I believe Ahsoka is supposed to be setting us up for a star wars movie with Thrawn as the big-bad (unless that's just been hype or misdirection). I do believe at least someone makes it back to the original galaxy far far away by the end of the episode.

My biggest and really only problem with live-action-Thrawn is the physique.  The voice is perfect (and the same as the animated version), but he was previously depicted as someone who was himself a warrior, able to fight handily in one-on-one combat.  Lars Mikkelson though does not have a warrior body, so his physique actually looks more like an admiral who doesn't work out as much.  it's small, I know, and nit-picky, but still ...

I think with Hera, they were trying to be faithful to the animated character.  It's pretty close, actually, though maybe a little more nuance in movement, instead of just 'this is what she looks like' would give her the physical depth to match the character.  It didn't bother me as much.

Yay 3PO!  But I did see an article that pointed out Disney's refusal to recast the original heroes does limit the storytelling, when these three were still major parties in the galaxy.
([][:][][][DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Medivh
SWSF: Legacy of the Force
May the Force be with you

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2023, 10:26:11 PM »
Difficult with Baylan - since the actor who played him passed away a few months ago. 

Whaaaaaat?  That's a bummer in and out of uni.  Just looked up, there really isn't even a cause of death just that he was hospitalized ill while filming on an island of Italy.

Thrawn - He is slightly more broad chested in appearance in Heir to the Empire DH comic series from ages ago, and his action figures have all been of an average modest build while being tall and stoic.  I had always interpreted his warrior prowess as more attributed to martial skill or physiological diff like alien chiss have denser muscle tissue or something perhaps not necessarily brute force in human terms.

I rewatched 1-7 at work today.  Live Action Chopper is my new favorite product of this series.  Even though we only see him sparingly, he is utilized as perfectly timed comic relief.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2023, 09:22:53 PM »
  So seems like theres gonna be an S2 with how everyone besides Thrawn is still stuck on Peridia.  They gotta wait on a whale to take them back or some shit.

But Baylan and Shin still have a story to resolve as well.  I have seen couple fanarticles invoking the Abeloth that you mentioned Sy.  Was not privy to it before hand.

Seeing the Night Troopers being basically verified as zombies or maybe more basic animated corpses was kinda crazy?  Undead besides Force Ghosts in Star Wars is a strange feeling.  But I guess that is what you get with Force Witches.  They are pretty damn sweet.

I'll be eagerly awaiting S2.  Or wherever we get the completing of those stories in.  Some have said it will be a Thrawn trilogy of movies.    That would be nothing short of fucking incredible..  

My only critique of Ahsoka.

MORE CHOPPER!
~J
SWSF 'til Death