Author Topic: Kenobi  (Read 16508 times)

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
Kenobi
« on: March 10, 2022, 01:58:58 PM »
Goddamn. Just as I was having an Anakin-esque fit over being set on Tatooine again, they go ahead and drop the trailer which had me feeling all the feels again. Duel of the Fates gives me a good kind of shivers. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: Kenobi
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 11:40:53 PM »
Checking in here after devouring parts 1 and 2.

And wow!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 04:07:47 PM »
Agreed. 

Also, something I was not expecting to want but do - Andor. That trailer with Mon Mothma serving lewks in that outfit at a party? Show me some senators having to play the game as they conspire. So here for this. 

Interested to see where they go with Kenobi but intrigued so far. 
Syren

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 08:58:28 PM »
I felt bad for that Darren Criss-looking Jedi, I just knew he was going to get off’d to really drive home the point that the Inquisitors are a credible threat. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Qui Gon force ghost. They are teasing it harder than a low cut red dress. 

An unexpected element was Leia! I figured they were gonna keep things squarely with Luke, so that was a nice addition. 
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 10:26:47 PM »
Just watched the 1st episode and AWESOME.

It feels a very natural plug in and all well done.

Leias inclusion is very nice and loving the Alderaan experience (somewhat disappointed Bails reference to mountains did not call out Appenza by name!)  but with Leias adventure- wtf, Flea?!  by far my fav cameo/other actor role in all SW yet, only Les Claypool would be sweeter.  They had to find a way to get some adventuring off of Tatooine and this is a great window to escape it from time to time through the series.  I don't know how much Obi will keep leaving Tat though once he gets back, doesn't seem smart?

Very enjoyable.  Debating to do 2nd episode tonite yet or let the first simmer more.

Qui Gon appearance is hinted with the final dialogue from the Prequel Catchup in the beginning, is Yoda saying 'I will teach you to commune with your old master'.

I was glad to see that dumbass exposed Jedi go though especially after he decides to just continue with approaching Obi even though he knows he brought the Inquisitors there.

Between this, Andor and Ahsoka looming... Mando who?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 10:32:30 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 11:34:37 PM »

UHHH, just finished 3rd episode.

I had been seeing a lot of negative inferring headlines regarding 'fan' reaction in my news feeds, but I have absolutely no idea where that could be coming from...  I absolutely love this series!

Wheres the beef?

Inquisitors have been great.  Reva impaling Grand Inquisitor?! Wow.  Unexpected and made me a fan of her.

The way they've shown a more detailed breakdown of Vader unmasked / unsuited is excellent.

Obi and Leias entire dialogue and interactions and future-looming are awesome.  The girl playing Leia and writing for her are as well done as imaginable.

My one wonder is that if they already have Obi and Ani dueling in 3rd Episode of Season 1, where do they go from here to climax?  Having Obi/Ani confront too many more times between now and ANH would water that fateful meeting down too much.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 07:42:29 PM »
Sneaky-Wan Kenobi
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2022, 09:51:08 PM »
Yes, love the focus - it's part of the story we thought we knew, that he just went into exile in the desert to commune with his master and watch over Luke. But that's not the whole story, and why Leia would reach out to him again later when the situation turned dire. Her father trusted him to be there for her and she knows he would. 

Kinda crushing on Reva too, but that's just me. Cute, powerful, reckless. Yes, please. 

Syren

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 05:13:16 PM »
Gotta say - I was satisfied by this. Didn't think I would be but I was. 
Syren

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 08:10:43 PM »
Was a fantastic climax. 
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 12:17:58 PM »
Finished it yesterday.  Enjoyed a lot!

Young Leia is awesome.  Obi and Anakin confrontations all great.  Reva's redemption was cool.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2022, 02:25:37 PM »
Very good finale. Was happy to see Obi-Wan "level up."

One of the prequel bits that I kept thinking about was the fact that Anakin was never made a Jedi Master and this fueled his resentment. Even as a Sith Lord, he is still not a master -- of either the Light or the Dark -- whereas Obi-Wan is, which is why he ultimately won. This bridges well into A New Hope, when Vader says "...when I left you I was but a learner, now I am the master." I think what Vader was really saying there is "I've mastered the Dark Side."

Anyway, that's my analysis. =)

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2022, 10:15:49 PM »

I like the psychology behind, "I am not your failure Obi-Wan."   "You didn't kill Anakin Skywalker, I did"

the couple switches between regular Hayden voice then mask Vader voice in that interaction were sweet
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2022, 03:25:20 PM »
Its next up, got the rona, in isolation with my 6yo daughter. Tangeld all day, then SW after she falls asleep 😬 also covid sucks

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2022, 05:08:18 PM »
I find your lack of avatar catch phrase disturbing.

Also the irony of Hales for me right now.  :P

Get well soon though duder and -etteling!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 05:11:30 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death