Author Topic: Campaign Cantina (OOC)  (Read 32551 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Campaign Cantina (OOC)
« on: February 23, 2021, 08:07:01 PM »
For all OOC chatter surrounding the campaign.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
Re: Campaign Cantina (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »
Sweeeet.

can we collapse or childboard the FP 1.0 stuff eventually?

Delcaring my intense (sic)..

The (Imperial) Protectorate
HQ: Carida
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 12:57:21 AM »
Well i guess it cant be delayed further as we are getting ready to start. So Hale, this is your baby so its your call. Im looking to simply play more of an atagonist role.

My idea is to "find" a deralict droid control ship, no weapons or anything and im willing to have rules in place that i cant use it offensively. Im not trying to con my way into a supership, just want to use it as a base and storyline implement. Ill be playing a TF character but not associated with the TF just a pirate whole got lucky and while lost in deep space found some old TF tech from the clone wars and decided to use it as my new base of operations. I will SL this out in greater detail of course but thats the basic rundown. 

If you have any questions, concerns, or just want me to elaborate on anything, please. Ask away. Im happy to discuss any aspect of it.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 10:51:19 AM »
I could maybe see a Lucrehulk cruiser serving in that capacity, overhauled into a kind of space station.

How would you plan on "playing" the game so to speak? Income is derived solely from conquering systems, so how do you propose to keep your pirate operation financially afloat?
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 10:54:37 AM »
Not rendering a verdict here myself as is not my place however I intend to use worlds in story that are not a part of the tangible 'locations' we are using, but by same token, I can only derive value to 'buy' my units from the tangible worlds and the facilities placed there so I'd imagine you have to find an angle of that all to work within that framework.

But for example, I am using General Veers as a character, his homeworld is Denon (intersection of Corellian Run and Hydian Way) but it is not a part of our uni, but in story of plan to reference Denon as being a part of my faction, The Protectorate.  So while I get to use it in story, it has no value in game.

I also plan to call a few ATATs, ATMTs, because I am using Carida and they are associated with Carida's mountainous terrain/identity.  Making another unit to call ATMT just doesn't really matter when the intent is for it to basically be a specialized ATAT anyways, and we don't use ground terrain modifiers so no point.

Just some examples of how I plan to use SW Galaxy things in story that won't really exist as 'game pieces' or 'game places', or may be in fact 'game units' but called something else (i.e. ATAT = ATMT) for purely representative purposes.

Example:  You're Lucrehulk Space Station/Base could in story be located 'near' one of the TF worlds.  In concept then, to attack you, players go to that world and attack, but in the narrative of it, they'd be attacking specifically your assets and the Lucrehulk would not exist as a unit with a grid location itself, however all of your tangible units would have to actually be located somewhere that is an actual 'game location'.

So really it's just calling shit something else and using the game parts in play to funnel your story narrative.  That's all fine with me as long as everything is in reality tied to the actual game locations we are able to attack/destroy/conquer.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 11:00:18 AM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 05:00:35 PM »
Thus the point of the droid control ship. Droids and piracy otherwise. I dont build ships, i capture them. However as far as building droids, i was kind of assuming in game that as a base it would "generate" resources like any other base. Perhaps story-wise it would be more through basic small level piracy and black market operations, but yeah, my "resource buildings" still work like everyone elses.

Pretty much its mostly a lot of storyline work on my part to make what im doing fit the existing rule set and make as much sense as possible, with the aforementioned knowledge that im not really playing to win. I just want to play, have some fun, and cause some controlled chaos.

As far as production, obviously anything droid, thus the lucrehulk, and maybe a starfighter birth capable of like 1 SF at a time. Outside of that, piracy and creative storylining. And whatever the basic starting units everyone gets of course.

For example: my base would count as my HQ, giving me the 1500gc + whatever i do with the facilities. However, unlike everyone else it would be my only system, instead of the 3 main faction players start with. (But i can move mine around making it all but unattackable. Not to say impossible, but even with no weapons or shields, working engines alone means i can flee and its still an imposing chunck of metal to have to blow up.) So yeah, basic setup then think of him more like a galactic black market arms dealer. Mercs need ships too. I capture stuff from peoples PDF and "sell it" in the underworld for money. However i am making the assumption stuff has "scrap" value on that. If i dont want to use it myself that is.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:31:40 PM by Ramano »

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 08:43:22 AM »
Well, I've thought about it. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think what you have in mind meshes with my overall vision for this game. I'd be happy to have you onboard as a "regular player."

The other issue is a practical one. Suppose I grant your request. Well, what's stopping any one of us from deploying our entire fleet to your base in order to wipe you out when the game begins?

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 06:40:45 PM »
The other issue is a practical one. Suppose I grant your request. Well, what's stopping any one of us from deploying our entire fleet to your base in order to wipe you out when the game begins?
I have a hyperdrive, lol. But in all honesty, whats stopping anyone from doing that to any of us? In fact, i thought that was kind of the point as planets dont generate income without being conqured anyway.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 08:12:14 PM »
But that's the thing. If you want to be able to reach out and touch us, then we need to be able to reach out and touch you. If you're just zipping from system to system, with no skin in the game, that's not fair to the rest of us.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 02:15:53 PM »
Okay everyone, here is the indy tech. Get hype! Working on the system write-ups next. I don't foresee any more delays, so we should be good to schedule launching this week. Now would be a good time to think faction/story and get some prologue SLs up.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 05:55:11 PM »
You can still basically do everything you want Ram minus the moving facility as a base.  As you write and talk about stuff just refer to it in the context of what you want it to be.  On paper your facils and planets will be whatever you pick and assign and battle would be done there but as you play it out just call it what you want it to be and say its like this or its like that.

The facilities you have to place at your 3 worlds don't have to be the TF Propers facils, but IC concept are like your secret little bases within/under the nose of the TF Proper Infrastructure.

Or maybe you're a pirate dude that somehow has the low-down/a blackmail/a ransom on the Viceroy of TF somehow and are using him and his worlds outright for your own purpose.  That simplifies it all a little more.  But I mean, just saying that what you want to do can mostly be done in story still.

Hope ya find an angle to your liking that makes you want to join us!  More the merrier.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Ramano

• SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 11:42:39 PM »
Oh i said id still play regardless. Sorry. Wasnt trying to come off as a my way or the highway situation. Ill figure another SL out.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 10:36:33 AM »
Gotcha duder, sweet

The band is back together!!
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2021, 11:21:45 AM »
I will be trying my damnedest to get a post up. I might bother some folks to help me setup my faction as well... :)

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2021, 12:47:01 PM »
There is no try.

Whoaaa.. granted- Thrones sucks besides Arya, but just learned via meme that Julian Glover aka General Maximilian Veers was Grand Master Pycelle (old smart guy in the city)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 02:18:34 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death