Author Topic: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)  (Read 157842 times)

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
Re: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2019, 11:58:29 AM »
This is me and Gall officially requesting an adjustment to the warbook, such that each faction gets to choose a capital, and then each faction member gets three systems each. For a faction with two members, that would divide up 7 systems quite nicely. This is for initial setup only. If we were to recruit additional members later, we could simply allocate a couple of ships and one of our 7 systems to them.
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2019, 12:36:50 PM »
So, to be clear: ALL 7 planetary systems are up for grabs at the start? One way to work this would be to introduce a Capital designation that is above Headquarters. If so, the breakdown would look like this:
Capital
Headquarters
Stronghold
Outpost
Partisan
Partisan
Partisan

So, I'm willing to open up all 7 systems, but I'd modify the Strategic Bonuses so only Stronghold and above get them (conquering a stronghold would bump it down to outpost and the bonus would be lost). Is that fair?

I understand the concern for bringing up this request might be a money issue, and that there is so little money to go around at the start. If that's the reason for the request, we can simply bump up the individual system cash values. No? I'm more partial to that solution as then I wouldn't need to rewrite the victory conditions.

Originally the rules were written intending this game to be played between individual players, and not 2-3 person teams, so I apologize if the rules are confusing in that regard.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2019, 01:20:18 PM »
We are 2 3 on NR and the budget seems fine.

Cant they create two separate Imperial factions?

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »
I discussed with Gall, and Hop's suggestion of two Imperial factions works for us, where each IR faction takes its own three. @Hale is that OK?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 01:35:20 PM by LordSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2019, 02:08:29 PM »
So what would this look like exactly?

IR1 w/ 3 systems
IR2 w/ 3 systems
vs
NR1 w/ 3 systems
NR2 w/ 3 systems

?
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2019, 02:28:36 PM »

I didn't see a problem to begin with.  Each team is on the same footing either way, is merely a matter of how much a given player has to control.   More players on a team, less to go around for each.  A player having 'ownership' of a system doesn't matter if there's no continuously generated income.. it's all merely a matter of story principle which can hover above the regulation anyways...  I mean if you have 3 worlds between 2 people, why can't the total start up GC be split 50/50 between you to build your start fleets/defenses, and then 1 person 'controls' 1 world in story and builds defenses and a fleet, another person controls another 1 or the other 2 and does same, however it were to work in story, its irrelevant to the numerical mechanics isn't it?

Seems like purely for the sake of having a piece of say so.  But whatevers ya'll agree to do to strike some satisfied feeling to go ahead and just play is fine w me.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 02:31:25 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2019, 03:02:19 PM »
Yeah my concern is that we are multiplying factions/holdings to solve a problem. What is the problem?

If it's about money, so that everybody can afford a top-shelf ISD/MC80, then we can directly handle that by increasing the value of the systems.

If it's about power, then within your faction you can have two sub-factions for storyline purposes.

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2019, 03:04:44 PM »
If it's about money, so that everybody can afford a top-shelf ISD/MC80, then we can directly handle that by increasing the value of the systems.

If it's about power, then within your faction you can have two sub-factions for storyline purposes.

For us it was about having a slightly larger slice of the galaxy to play with, and it doesn't matter much to us whether we are one faction or two. Hop's suggestion seems fine.

So what would this look like exactly?

IR1 w/ 3 systems
IR2 w/ 3 systems
vs
NR1 w/ 3 systems
NR2 w/ 3 systems

?
I don't think Hop was suggesting to split the NR faction. I assumed he meant:

NR faction w/ 3 systems
vs.
IR1 faction w/ 3 systems
vs.
IR2 faction w/ 3 systems

Unless I misread him.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 03:14:12 PM by LordSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2019, 03:33:31 PM »
"Play" = to write stories with? Or more to command and build on? If you just want to write stories involving the other systems that is fine in my book.

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »
Actually play in.
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2019, 03:52:46 PM »
I am personally good with whatever. I just want to get the ball rolling. Chapter 2 can be different if we see problems.
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2019, 04:07:24 PM »
I think we should just treat Gall and LordSeverus as separate factions and players, and its 1v1v1 here. NR happens to have three players sharing command of their spoils. I see no problem with this and if we play through and find an issue with it, we can address it in the next round? What do you think Hale?

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2019, 07:17:35 PM »

Sev, in the NR I was going to have 3 FRGs in the current written set up/values.  

I can see some desire to include all 7 planets as playable in a campaign as you offered Hale, which would require objective # adjustments? and then give us all some more money, but keep them all Partisan and I think HQ/Capital can be taken to mean same thing.  So 1 HQ, 1 Stronghold, 1 Outpost, 4 Partisan worlds would be each factions holdings and we'd each be gaining the +4 Partisan World values to help make fleets a little more bulky.  Thats a much larger sand box with just a slight bump in GC.

~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2019, 08:48:15 PM »
What's the difference between what you're calling a partisan world and what Hale called a world you can add some story to but doesn't really matter?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:01:03 PM by LordSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2019, 09:12:35 PM »
I will go with Eidolon's suggestion. You get your main 3 systems, the remaining 4 become Partisan (they are worth 600 GC each). Strategic bonuses apply to Outpost and above. This should be more than enough to open up the galaxy for storyline purposes to get the Beta going, as well as give everybody enough cash to play with.

Victory conditions are as follows:
ASCENSION -- first faction to hold 10 systems wins.

I do want to stress that going forward, the point of this game was to NOT have an open-ended galaxy and to keep things as narrow as possible. This reflects the board-game/sandbox nature of this game.

I'm more than willing to expand the planets for future campaigns, but for now I'd just like to get the train out of the station before we lump on "expansion packs" to the current build.

Let's just play!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:31:11 PM by SWSF Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM