Author Topic: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)  (Read 155904 times)

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
Re: Flashpoint Cantina (OOC)
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 09:26:23 PM »
BETA CAMPAIGN IS OFFICIALLY GO FOR LAUNCH.

Does anybody *need* the mock battle to continue? I was going to work on the next round of posts, but I figured I'd ask beforehand just to save time. Purpose was simply to showcase what a typical combat post should look like.

It has also been brought to my attention that a classical NR vs IR scheme would be preferable for the Beta Campaign, just to maximize participation in teams. Is this agreeable? If so I might toss some extra credits to both factions starting out just to make things more interesting.

Severus, what say you? In or Out? If you want to wait for Hop's AE reboot, I understand. If so, I would likely go IR just to balance things out. If not, I'm leaning NR.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 10:59:11 PM »
One game to rule them all.

I don't need to see anymore.

Look forward to a two team approach if we can make it work!  I think it helps maximize everyones contributions and blends in some of that oo la la nostalgia of old.  The collective story feels much richer and more diverse when there's more than one of us per faction angle to keep it all alive.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 11:08:47 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2019, 12:45:37 AM »
I haven't heard from the Lord yet so I am in a holding pattern waiting to divide up the planets. 
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2019, 02:08:10 PM »
Greetings. I'm in. @Gall I'll respond in the PM shortly. Let's do this.
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2019, 02:47:02 PM »
So be it Sith Lords....

I guess I need to change my profile pic to something NR friendly.

+300 GC to each team. All other start-up rules in effect. Don't forget to pick a Legend.

I recommend we try out the ROYAL FLUSH (race to 5) or the DOUBLE CROWN (hold 2 + capture 2) victory conditions for the Beta Campaign. Any preferences?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:50:07 PM by SWSF Hale »
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2019, 07:59:02 PM »
Gotcha. Waiting for a response. 
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2019, 09:07:38 PM »
Hale, there aren't any specifics about ground units, which I see do not have action points.

1. Do these simply get deployed, and do attack (dmg) vs any other target landed on the planet (other ground units, facilities, landed capital ships)?

2. How does an ISD deploy its troops to the surface? Only via auxiliary units?

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2019, 09:09:32 PM »
Also I am glad I paused and read through these rules carefully and decided to play. This looks like it will be a lot fo fun, and capture a lot of the original game but improve it at the same time, not by making more intricate rules (as we usually have done and tried), but by simplifying them while being innovative with the limited rule set and how things work together.

Very excited to get some battles and stories going!

My only real concern is continuity between games (want to keep my characters), but then no game lasts long here. So if this were to last 3-4 months and be active, maybe that'd be enough for me and starting with new characters would be appealing...

Let's find out!

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2019, 10:03:03 PM »
*unsolicited opinion

I agree with Hop - continuity is important. Aside from the fact that I'm clearly not versed enough for the specs aspect of these games, the character building is important to me. I want to flesh them out, let them evolve with the circumstances and the quick bursts of games don't, by nature, give you the time. I know long-term isn't something everyone has time for which I can appreciate given that my own participation ebbs and flows with free time in real life. If there is ever something launched that would support that kind of endeavor I would potentially be interested at some point down the road.
Syren

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2019, 10:14:36 PM »
We can do some overhauls after the Beta Campaign. To be fair though, the campaign-to-campaign scheme does lend itself to episodic storytelling, and so character continuity could be taken in bite sized chunks as opposed to epic sagas.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2019, 10:46:49 PM »
This is why I keep pushing for a universe with classic specs that goes on forever, but also has sandbox campaigns. People with more time could roam free from system to system like classic SWSF (or roam free + participate in the sandbox campaigns both). People with less time could just participate in a sandbox campaign from time to time. But it could all exist in the same universe. It's perfect.
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2019, 10:07:59 AM »

I agree with the points regarding the value of "continuous / large sandbox" concerns.

But also I think that SWA FP can be a really fun and innovative spin on the game.  The board game derived nature is pretty interesting and it doesn't have to be rushed in the sense that the First Campaign is going to end quickly.  And even so when it does, its a relatively simple exercise to reset and do a 2nd Campaign with respects to the end story/possession positions of the First.

Regarding a continuous on-going, Legacy timeline, more traditionally arranged Uni, LoE is still in the works.

In mean time SWA FP will be a fun exercise and get us all engaged and gaming.  Is a different kind of game, but I like that for what it is.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2019, 10:36:48 AM »
I'm essentially ripping off Fantasy Flight Games.... soooo.... yeah. =)

Jumping on this forum is the equivalent to going to the game shop for a game or two with some coke and pizza. That's what I hope SWA FP will recreate!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2019, 11:02:11 AM »
with some coke and pizza.

sounds awesome, but what are we going to have to drink? ???
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2019, 11:18:03 AM »

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM