Author Topic: The Role of the Admin  (Read 15807 times)

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
The Role of the Admin
« on: December 06, 2009, 12:33:41 PM »
Hi all, members and visitors alike-

I've explained my role, as I see it, here and there on the boards in various threads, but I thought I'd post something definitive here that's easily visible to everyone.

I've put myself on an indefinite leave from simming, as should be obvious by my complete lack of participation. I need to focus on finding some sort of creative foundation in my real life. I'm a writer ("published" -- online, so I hesitate to give it full credence), so I'm trying to compose something substantial. Simming hinders that, since it is a very enjoyable, addictive leech on my writing time -- I love it, but it distracts me from what I want to be my true vocation.

Anyway. That's why I'm not simming right now. However, I see my role as being the same as what Dravin's became when he administrated the site: simply, the administrator. I hope to start posting again in community threads, but the point is that, while Dravin wasn't as present as active sim members, he was always available to help.

I just want to make sure everyone knows that, while I'm not as present or visible, I'm always available to help too, and I do keep tabs on the administrative health of the boards. I leave the creation and moderation of simming to those who are actually involved in it. I just want to make sure the "physical" space is here and maintained for you guys.

If you have any questions about the site, any requests for boards or maintenance, any problems with members or spamming, just PM me. I'm immediately notified by e-mail, so I'll most likely respond within 48hrs, depending on my personal life. Or you can just go directly to my e-mail: awirzburger@gmail.com. I really don't mind at all.

I expect to be more visible following the holidays, but I'm always available for anything the site needs. I still doubt I'll be simming any time soon, but I'm happy to see a lot of good names returning from the wilderness lately.

Happy simming, and happy holidays!

- Andrew
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:21:19 PM by Erasmar »
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
Re: The Role of the Admin
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
Well thanks for runnin the shop, man, and good luck with yer writing!
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »
::swoons:: yes, thank you for keeping the dream alive  ;D
Syren

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 01:27:12 PM »
You shoudl still SL, its good writing exercise and less structured/demanding, if you want it to be. :P