Author Topic: SWA: Out of Character  (Read 74276 times)

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
Re: SWA: Out of Character
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2018, 10:15:40 PM »
I'm cool with that.
EMPEROR SEVERUS
IMPERIAL GALACTIC EMPIRE - RESURRECTED

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2018, 11:41:30 AM »
Eidolon and Hoppus, please add the story lines to your post when you get a chance.
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2018, 11:50:58 PM »
Since the Ruby Dawn survived (albeit barely), I expect that it can fire up to full AP one last time at the end of next round per the rules before getting destroyed. Might want to keep that in mind as you approach the landing zone. Note also the ground forces that will be waiting for you once you land (6 units already deployed + 3 units still on the Ruby Dawn at the moment).

Hale I hope the hostile ground forces you had planned for us aren't reduced to adjust for the above...?
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2018, 07:09:05 AM »
Gonna take a look at things and make sure the ground scene is scaled appropriately.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2018, 12:45:17 PM »

Given the rapid rate at which everything was destroyed, just throwing out that if we want to see more opportunity to make moves consider doubling all CapShip Durability scales for now.

I smoked an ISD almost with my max fleet alone, which you could argue that 3 Heavys and 1 Med could do great dmg to a Large like that, but it still possibly serves the chance for tactics to emerge a bit more if engagements are lengthed a little.

If this were only 1 player attacking 1 ISD, 4 CRVs, it'd still be down to 4 CRVs after 1 massive volley from a total fleet.

Just throwing the idea out there though
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2018, 12:57:54 PM »
My thoughts exactly. I did feel as though Caps were getting blown away too quickly. Spec adjustments will come after the Campaign is finished.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2018, 05:29:13 PM »
FYI, without Hale's 6 DMG to the Conquest, the Conquest could have survived like this: with the +5 AP from Lady Kalia (wasn't used, but let's use it in this hypothetical), not using 3 AP on getting into Attack Position, and firing just 6 turbolasers instead of 12, the Conquest could have recharged 7 shield points and survived to the next round with < 1 HP armor like the Ruby Dawn (34 shields + 7 shields + 28 armor = 69, then 69 - 68.75 = the Conquest survives with 0.25 HP armor and fires 6 turbolasers without the +1 UCR, so 9.6 DMG from an ISD to a VSD). Then it could have fired the full 12 weapons with the +1 UCR at the VSD Audacity next round instead.

But with Hale's 6 DMG and total damage coming to 74.75, there was no way for the Conquest to survive even with the +5 AP from Lady Kalia and even if it didn't fire any weapons at all.

I'm OK with doubling shields and armor as long as it means doubling shields and armor both (not just one or the other), and as long as it's across the board for all cap ships, and not increasing by x for an ISD and y for a VSD and z for a VEC, etc.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:31:19 PM by LordSeverus »
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2018, 06:43:19 PM »
Well, this is why we're having the battle -- to work out kinks like HP. =) Round 2 update coming tonight!
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2018, 08:01:06 PM »
  In agreement with Sev, double Armor/Shields for all Capships across the board.

I'm not sure about Fighters/Aux as we didn't get to see much from them.. Im sure you have a good handle on the relationships of the scales Hale to know if they should be touched yet or not

GAV/Inf remain to be seen entirely from some action I spose?

So far good learning battle.  I like the more game integrated spin on the mock/test aspect.  Just learn as we go along and adjust, and of course apply to FP as relevant
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:02:42 PM by SWSF Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2018, 11:03:27 PM »
Moving the OOC discussion from Dathomir here. So NR gets points for destroying IR. No penalty for breaking the concordance? ;) Anyway, I assume that means IR gets points for destroying NR as well? Last question: What about IR vs IR? Seeing as how we're not one big happy Empire anymore...

Please also clarify what the NR is doing at Dathomir from a campaign perspective. Glad they're here, was just hoping for some kind of story angle.
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2018, 01:11:16 AM »

The secure imperial distress channels aren't secure anymore, TNO only happened to have monitored them, not still actively used them themselves.  NR elements would have easily had access to old imperial channels nowadays.  Despite being neutered itself, I would say in the story angle galactic scope, apart form even whatever Hoppus controls himself, in the AJ story angle the NR is the somewhat prevailing force around.  The will be weak, but they will be a joint group, where us all us Remnants of the Remnants are extremely isolated (Bespin, Scarif, Dagobah.. nothing incredibly stand out ish).  The NR itself could be considered to be Chandrila, Kashyyyk, Mon Cal, Sullust, Bothan space, at the very least along with whatever-tf Hosnian is/was.

NR showing up at Dath is in story enough just that they are monitoring those channels and are butting in.  I bet they could use an ISD! 
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
The story is as Eidolon suggests. We picked up a distress call. The Wraith Squadron sent its squadron of capital ships there to create disorder and snipe at imperials who are going to be attacking each other. Then to escape as soon as possible without risking themselves too much.

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2018, 01:31:29 PM »
And the concordance?
EMPEROR SEVERUS

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2018, 02:14:02 PM »
My group are "rogue" and a more extremist cell of the alliance/nr that are operating similarly to the resistance - on their own, outside of the NR and the concordance. Much like the imperial factions you are all representing.

Offline EmperorSeverus

• Nostalgia
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »
Oh right. I remember you were going for that angle. That makes sense to me, thanks.
EMPEROR SEVERUS