Author Topic: Rules Questions  (Read 29576 times)

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
Re: Rules Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 05:36:19 PM »
If I were to purchase a bulk cruiser can I replace the z 95 with b wings in this manner
B wing is 18 m so 2 squads. And z 95 is 10m and the bulk cruiser comes with 4 squads
Total size remains within parameters.  But I lose two squads. Thoughts?

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 05:39:14 PM »
If I were to purchase a bulk cruiser can I replace the z 95 with b wings in this manner
B wing is 18 m so 2 squads. And z 95 is 10m and the bulk cruiser comes with 4 squads

Z-95 is actually 11.  So 528m worth.  So you can actually get 29 B-Wings in there.  It is kinda a PITA.  An example:

--Heavy Hanger
----Tramp -> Skipray (x4)
----Standard -> Espo
----Remove Z-95s (2x Squadrons)
----R-41 Starchaser x7
----Hornet x10
----Z-95 x1
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 05:39:54 PM »

You can't exceed: total length of default, total unit count of default.

So you can fit 29 B-Wings on a Bulk Cruiser.

This would be a good time to mention that I will be using Game Master Privilege to prevent unit spamming and abuse. Please don't fill up all your ships with B-Wings :) Lets respect the spirit of the game, not just look to exploit its weaknesses.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 05:40:28 PM »
If you're going to maximize every meter and you're going to swap a lot, then yes it will be a PITA situation. :)

Z-95 is actually 11.  So 528m worth.  So you can actually get 29 B-Wings in there.  It is kinda a PITA.  An example:

--Heavy Hanger
----Tramp -> Skipray (x4)
----Standard -> Espo
----Remove Z-95s (2x Squadrons)
----R-41 Starchaser x7
----Hornet x10
----Z-95 x1

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 05:47:30 PM »
If you're going to maximize every meter and you're going to swap a lot, then yes it will be a PITA situation. :)

:P  Well, I'm sure as hell not going to waste!    I actually need to do the damage math and make sure I'm not actually disadvantaging myself by trying to swap to something better than a Z-95.

This would be a good time to mention that I will be using Game Master Privilege to prevent unit spamming and abuse. Please don't fill up all your ships with B-Wings :) Lets respect the spirit of the game, not just look to exploit its weaknesses.

(I know this wasn't aimed at me.)  I think my choices highlighted above are totally spirit of the Smugglers' Alliance... :D
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »

:P  Well, I'm sure as hell not going to waste!    I actually need to do the damage math and make sure I'm not actually disadvantaging myself by trying to swap to something better than a Z-95.

(I know this wasn't aimed at me.)  I think my choices highlighted above are totally spirit of the Smugglers' Alliance... :D

Not aimed at Lordmaligan either. A few bUlk Cruisers loaded with BWs is fine. But if its apparent that every ship is maxed out with the most bad ass unit possible, and theres no variety, well, thats boring. I dont know. IF everyone else is indifferent, I wont stop it. But me personally, I dont want to degenerate into the same 4 units battling for every side...

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 05:54:32 PM »
Not aimed at Lordmaligan either. A few bUlk Cruisers loaded with BWs is fine. But if its apparent that every ship is maxed out with the most bad ass unit possible, and theres no variety, well, thats boring. I dont know. IF everyone else is indifferent, I wont stop it. But me personally, I dont want to degenerate into the same 4 units battling for every side...

Yeah, didn't mean to imply it was aimed at anyone. 

As far as limiting it...  Nah, I'm with you.  We're here for story, afterall. 
- Ranes

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »
Makes sense to me. Appreciate need for equity and reality. Defer to your judgement

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 09:50:56 PM »
I think we need to half the cost of orbital dock III
Or maybe I am mistaken

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 10:03:29 PM »
I think we need to half the cost of orbital dock III
Or maybe I am mistaken

All prices determined by same equation!

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 10:05:04 PM »
I thought the same thing at first but the OSD III is not supposed to be a Golan, it is supposed to be a space dock that can construct ships up to 4K and the only reason to build two would be to make an SSD.
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 10:30:32 PM »
good point...  i thought the formula skipped that one .... but yea look at the specs makes sense

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 07:10:28 PM »
Seems like a dumb question:

What produces AUX? I think SF facilities make sense but wanted to confirm.

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »
:) Lets respect the spirit of the game, not just look to exploit its weaknesses.

I thought we were simming?  :D
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 07:19:56 PM »
I thought we were simming?  :D

Boom!

Also another question (Sorry, I am full of them), When building a neutral ship say a Venator SD, it says default to your faction Fighters, Troops, GAV etc. Does that mean it defaults all to five squads of TIE Fighters or would i.e. be 3 TF to replace the Z95 and 2 Bombers to replace the R-41? Want to make sure my calculations are right. Also can we decide to keep the original neutral tech as opposed to it being all IMP or Rebel right away?