Author Topic: SWSF: Starting Conditions  (Read 40111 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
SWSF: Starting Conditions
« on: July 11, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »
Work In Progress!

UPDATED July 17, 2017

Okay, thanks to Ranes for running all of the numbers and scenarios!

This is what we're going to do.

- Go spend 25,000 MC on whatever you want. No limits, earmarks, whatever.
- No sim may have more than 1 SSD ;)
- No other limits.
- Hangars, Garrison Bases, have 1/2 cost to build (Paging Eidolon: please update specs for me???)
- All other defenses and facilities remain as they are in terms of cost.
- Per planet income will go up to 300 MC a month.

I will post and update things as required.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:28:30 PM by RA Hoppus »

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • Let the rabbits wear glasses
Re: SWSF: Starting Conditions
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:51:52 PM »

Can we get free standard compliments on our start up ships/facils as a good will gesture on your tyrannical taxes? ;)
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 08:56:46 PM »
Can we get free standard compliments on our start up ships/facils as a good will gesture on your tyrannical taxes? ;)

All ships come with their standard load out. If you want to upgrade some units from he standard, you pay the difference at time of construction (or from your piggy bank at start up).

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 12:48:56 PM »
Updates

There are a few rules that need clarification. A few specs that have yet to be added. But we are just about there. I'm also almost done with the grid app!

I will say: soft launch on Monday, July 17.

Please Remember:

You'll get a 20,000 30,000 MC purse, with AT LEAST 15,000 MC earmarked for ground defenses (hangars, garrisons, emplacements).

I encourage you to revisit rules and specs as little changes have been taking place. Ground installations have 50%-off maintenance fees and let you have troops on the ground. Without them, you'll lose systems if you lose the space battle. Invest in them!

Please keep in mind that Capital Ships of any type do not count as 'defenses'. These are part of your fleet, which you can choose to distribute around your worlds however you wish.

The first month has no maintenance fees.

You won't get charged maintenance until August 1st (which is what we'll call the 'official' launch date). Keep in mind what the bill is going to look like when you pick your units, if you spend all your purse you should pay about 1,500 MC a month on maintenance - that leaves you 1,500 MC a month to save or put into new constructions.

EDIT:

I will probably be putting down the cost of defenses. Keep your eyes peeled.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:30:20 PM by RA Hoppus »

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
  • Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.
    • Coruscant Pulse Podcast
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 11:26:39 PM »
When you say 15K earmarked for ground do you mean only ground or orbital docks and such included?
Simming on the SWSF in AOL since 1999.
Let's bring back the glory days!

Co-Host: Coruscant Pulse Podcast.

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 03:14:37 AM »
When you say 15K earmarked for ground do you mean only ground or orbital docks and such included?

I can't speak officially for Hoppus, but I've been doing some number crunching with/for him playing with the amounts and extreme/edge-cases.  Assume that 'ground' means ground, nothing orbital.

I also know that he had some things he was pondering about the OSDs and various orbital facilities.  I don't want to discuss them because I don't know what his decision will be and I don't want to confuse matters, but I'll PM him about it.
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 09:12:46 AM »
OP updated!

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »
So 25K total and only 10K can go towards fleet and 15K to facilities (orbital or ground)?

Why ISD so expensive! ;)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 05:49:26 PM »
So 25K total and only 10K can go towards fleet and 15K to facilities (orbital or ground)?

Why ISD so expensive! ;)

Everything is put through the same algo to determine cost. ISDs are big, deal lots of damage, and carry lots of troops and fighters (which come for free with it), etc. They just kick ass all around :D. They should have good durability - no reason you should lose one in battle if you are careful and withdraw when it makes sense. ;)

And with 10k you can still field 3 ISD-IIs I believe? You could also save spending from ground defenses, and start building a fourth right away ;)

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »
I kid.  Mostly. Lol

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 06:14:27 PM »
Everything is put through the same algo to determine cost. ISDs are big, deal lots of damage, and carry lots of troops and fighters (which come for free with it), etc. They just kick ass all around :D. They should have good durability - no reason you should lose one in battle if you are careful and withdraw when it makes sense. ;)

And with 10k you can still field 3 ISD-IIs I believe? You could also save spending from ground defenses, and start building a fourth right away ;)

3 ISDs, IIs are just a little too expensive (10,863).
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »
Hey Guys!

I'm still trying to get a better idea of where we should be with planetary income + starting balances.

I am thinking about increasing to 20,000 MC Ground/Defenses, and 15,000 MC Space.

No units included for free (including space docks, etc).

Planetary income increased to 300 MC each.

Will finalize tomorrow.

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 09:55:16 PM »
I think the concern might have been with the "15K minimum" as in.. we have to spend 15,000 on Ground. That really ties our hands. I could be misinterpreting the rules, but that's how I read it. It would be far better to simply lower the "you have to spend X on ground" minimum to 10,000... giving players plenty of wiggle room to balance offensive and defensive assets or keep cash in their pocket for the future.

LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

Offline gallpizi

• SWSF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 09:57:56 PM »
It really depends on what you are thinking. Upping it a bit will give people a bit of a cushion to save for future projects or to keep for in case something catastrophic (Losing an MC-80B or ISD II much quicker than planned?) happens. I for one am a fan of the something like a 15-20 for Ground/Defense with whatever isn't spent going into the coffers for savings and maybe 12,500 space?

Offline Lordmaligan

• SWSF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 10:41:27 PM »
The lower income encourages greater strategizing. Im fine with 250 or 300 planet income. Whatever starting you desire is fine .... but I wouldn't go above 30k total.
If you are worried about income issues ... perhaps make the neutral system acquisition a bit easier ? although I do find the current rules quite fair.